Suggestion [Spawn Repair Sign]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gogoplatau, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Gogoplatau

Gogoplatau Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +125
    Minecraft Name: Gogoplatau

Suggestion: An erepair sign at spawn

Reason: It would be good for people who need repairs of expensive tools but do not have anyone online at the time that they can trust also this could be a good small money sink.

Any Other Information: I am thinking somewhere around 500-1k per repair would be a good price point so that it would not affect those that sell ereps.

Link To This Plugin: Extcommands?

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. brandbauer

brandbauer ℬeacon ℒegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +798
    I love this idea! Could work for more things than just repairs.

3. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    I'd say the problem with this is that e-repairs are a completely player based pricing system. If we set a limiting factor i.e.: 1k, then it kills any chance of the e-repair market growing to be above 1k for a tool fix.

4. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    You say it won't affect those who sell ereps but it will. If I need an erep, I'd much rather just go to a set area and get a guaranteed erep in a convenient location, even if it means paying extra, rather than go through /ch tr, find somebody, tp them, and then haggle with them, all the while risking my tool being scammed or stolen. People are lazy and would gladly pay more to do less work. If this were implemented, nobody would buy erepairs from players anymore and the donation feature would be useless. -1

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Gogoplatau

Gogoplatau Builder

Ratings:
    +125
    Well I think there is a limit to that market as I have seen others try to charge that much and nobody will pay it. This is just for extreme times when you must have a repair done and simply do not have anyone trustworthy enough to do it.

6. Gogoplatau

Gogoplatau Builder

Ratings:
    +125

I find this to be quite extreme. People also tend to be frugal and rather than pay more to get features from a trusted source at a higher price they risk it and buy them from someone that may not be as trusted but is selling cheaper. Also this is not as convenient as usually people who sell ereps will come to you.

7. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    History shows that convenience always triumphs over cost (the cotton gin, Bessemer steel refining, steam-powered travel, etc.). I could do /spawn, walk over to the sign, get my repair, and go back to farming/mining in like 30 seconds, giving me more time to work and make more money than I would if I were to have to wait around for a player's e-repair, provided that my usual repair guy is even online.

8. Joseph01234

Joseph01234 Potato.
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +162
    Well, heres my two cents:

The immediate benefit I see to this is a wonderful sink for a substantial amount of the economy to go. That being said it also reduces player-player interactions, as stated several times above. So the way my brain pictures this being implemented is potential 1000$/tool for a full repair, when a user needs a repair approximately every 4000 blocks broken than the percentage of those repairs becomes a substantial amount of their income.

Ie: Pumpkins: 4000 pumpkins=1600$-1000$ for a repair=600$ per repair while farming pumpkins.
    Melons: 4000 melons=$6600-1000$ for a repair=5600$ per repair while farming Melons.

Now, the result of this becomes a bit more substantial when we put this into an hourly basis:

Pumpkins: approximately 12k/h=30 000 pumpkins=About 8 repairs, so without erepairs and solely using the sign you've made 4k over the course of the hour, as opposed to "risking it" and getting a repair the old fashioned way for approximately 250/repair. Thus a total of 2k worth of repairs an hour, leaving the farmer with 10k/h.

Melons: Approximately 15k/h=9090 melons=2-3 repairs an hour. Obviously drastically more beneficial to be melon farming, but you've got a down payment of about 500k or -7k/h for rentals approximately. So provided you own the sword the player leaves a total of 12k/h with sign repairs, or 5k/h when renting. As opposed to the alternative of 14.25k/h with ownership and 7.25k/h without ownership.

Now, factoring the difference between these we simply view the percentage difference with each major crop that requires regular erepairs so...:

Pumpkins: 10k/h divided by 4k/h = 60% loss in profits by just using the sign, as opposed to spending an additional 2 minutes to search for a repair.

Melons: 14.25k/h divided by 12k/h = 16% loss in profits without actively searching for an erepair.

So, in conclusion I support this idea, I don't feel it would significantly reduce the quantity of repairs sold by players with these numbers in mind, and if it does significantly reduce sales I feel the need to mention that the amount coming out of the economy per hour for each person farming like this would make a big enough buff to the economy to outweigh such a cost. As for those losing money on actual sales, personally I've only just barely dabbled in erepairs, but that is a result of it being a very low-yield market that is unlikely to recover, I can honestly say that in an hour of advertising such sales I may be lucky to gain a total of 2k with approximately 20 minutes of lost potential farming/mining time. So, I'm in complete support of the concept suggested by gogo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. WreckitRalphed

WreckitRalphed The Wise Old Man
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +768
    Make them 2k+ each or 10k for an inv and i'll plus 1 this

10. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    I never would have bought ExtCommands/ExtCommands+ if this sign existed. I would have just set a home at the sign. TP to the sign click, TP back. Who needs erepairs from people when this sign does it for you?

You may think it will be a sink of ECD, but I think it will be a deterrent of donations.

If you are worried about "trusted" people to do erepairs. There are usually staff on that can do it at a higher than normal cost. If you can't trust the staff, I can't help you there.

11. RailefBear

RailefBear Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +141
    I think the idea is brilliant. It's totally help when I need to repair an eff7 and I can't find a trustable person to do it.
    On other e-repairs I actually take screenshots of the person saying he will repair the item and at what price, the item in the floor, etc to avoid theft.
    I don't feel like e-repair providers will be too affected. Joseph's contribution to this idea is great too. Plus, players always sell them for around $200 and $500 all or something like that. The e-repair by the sign needs to be expensive.

I was also thinking.... Could it be possible to write this for specific tools? To adjust the prices to Joseph's calculations. You would have to assume though that the item is on of the main enchanted items (pumpkin axe, msword, eff7, eff10 shovel). So a sign would be specific for axes another one for swords, etc. People that are not repairing this items won't see a great benefit from it though. I don't know, it's just an idea in throwing out there.
    Kuke could tell us if that's even writable or not.

+1 to Gogo's and Joseph's ideas

12. RailefBear

RailefBear Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +141
    Emau it would be at a high cost though.
    In my case, for example, I'd only use the sign for the eff7 I borrow and only if a mod or trusted player won't do it for me.
    For anything else I'm not paying more than $200-300 so I'd go to other players to repair my "common" items

13. Joseph01234

Joseph01234 Potato.
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +162
    I believe it can differentiate between different tools, however not enchants within the tools. So I would imagine it could have varied prices depending on what tool was being repaired (ie: More for a sword, Less for an axe).

However for the full effect of this suggestion to go through I think a blanket price of 750-1000$ a tool acts as an excellent mediator and balance to allow for this to be used maximally while not creating dependance or impeding on regular Erepair sales.

#13 Joseph01234, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  14. RailefBear

RailefBear Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +141
    That's what I meant :) signs specific to the type of tool (axe, pick, etc). I guess I didn't express myself correctly :) but yeah, that's the idea haha :D

15. HelixInsight

HelixInsight Surgeon
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,280
    I would love this, on the other hand if people had a lot of money they would never have to buy extcommands+ to repair.

16. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    The next few statements is my opinion only, and based only my observations: $1000 is practically nothing. This isn't an "expensive" repair. I do not think people who use those types of tools will find $1000 a "high cost". Not even close.

17. Winnazzz

Winnazzz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +59
    I like this idea, mainly because the high cost. It would not ruin the E-repair business because of the price, but it is also the most reliable system of repairing tools. I usually hire someone that will do trip jobs (One set price for an unlimited amount of tools that I bring in one trip). I could pay someone $500 to repair 15 tools, or I could pay 15k through the sign. But if I were to repair my max rod then I would definitely use the sign. Overall +1

18. dork1877

dork1877 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,252
    -1,000,000 This would make extcommands+ worthless, why would you pay $100/500-600k for something you can get for 1k a hit from the server itself with no risk?

-TomCreeperKellyClause

#18 dork1877, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  19. TomKFC

TomKFC Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +696
    -1,000,000 This would make extcommands+ worthless, why would you pay $100/500-600k for something you can get for 1k a hit from the server itself with no risk?

20. Gogoplatau

Gogoplatau Builder

Ratings:
    +125
    Why should there be "risk" in getting expensive tools repaired? This would in no way replace extcommands+ to insinuate that it would is silly. The price point per repair would make it something that is only used occasionally when a trusted repair person could not be found.