Denied [Suggestion] Repair Signs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Toymaster3, Jun 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toymaster3

Toymaster3 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +64
    Minecraft Name:
    toymaster3
    Suggestion:
    The ability for people who have the extcommands feature to create repair signs.
    Reason:
    Maybe it could be for a price, so mayors can put one in there town and you wouldn't have to ask around in chat for someone to repair your pickaxe. It'd make things alot eaiser for people.
    Any Other Information:
    Nope:D

Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?:

2. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    the problem with repairs signs is that a user with ext comamands+ could just set up a free repair sign and have lots of people set homes there - that saves time and money for those who use the sign, the sign is 100% trustworthy and reliable, and is always there. And that significantly reduces the usefulness of the ext commands+ feature.

I do think that /repair should be available to users without ext commands+ at a price of exp, though. That would help revitalize the exp market while not significantly reducing the appeal of ext commands+.

3. _Sharpy

_Sharpy Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $348,740
    Ratings:
    +652
    I believe this would clear a bit of trade chat while on peak, however, like @UnitedStates2 said,
    It will reduce the usefulness of the extcommands+ feature but if we could put a price on using it I would be down for it :)

4. 314

314 Irrational Moderator, former ServerAdmin
    Moderator EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $2,400,000
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    This is the reason why I am against this suggestion.

Creating repair signs that force a payment would probably need custom coding as Essentials's [Repair] signs allow the creator to set a price - or not.

Also, I assume people would do this to profit from these signs by 'selling' repairs via it. Essentials, however, makes all repair sign money go to the server. This would mean that creating these signs would not result in any benefit for the creator - except for being a philanthropist. However, even a small amount of those people would suffice to make the ExtCommands+ feature easily replaceable with multihome.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Vintage_Gamer

Vintage_Gamer Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,219
    Essentials Repair signs already support costs. However the money is vanished into the server.

6. oootopia

oootopia Utopian
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,954
    I think this could work if the sign took a decent chunk of either ecd or exp to use. It would be useful if you couldn't find a quick free erep but at a cost. I mean heal signs didn't remove the convenience of feed or feed+ or just buying a stack of potatoes.

7. 314

314 Irrational Moderator, former ServerAdmin
    Moderator EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $2,400,000
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    I italicized force because it is possible to omit a price on these signs, essentially making them free - which would make e-repairs available for everyone with multihome, making ExtComm+ less valuable.

As I said, Essentials supports giving money to the server for each repair - but it does not force the creator to set a price and thus allows problematic free signs.

8. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    I'd prefer the McMMo ability repair to be active on the server.

Costs materials to repair, and when you get to a certain level on Repair, there's only a small chance of a successful enchanted repair.

At lvl 1000, it's a 50% chance your tool will keep all enchantments on it. So you can either risk losing enchantments on your tool repairing it the free way.
    Or buy the features which gives you a 100% chance of keeping your enchantments.

Makes the usefulness of the first ext commands not as useful, but I think the first ext commands is overpriced already, cause who uses non enchanted tools these days really?

---

tl:dr - Add Repair McMMo
    Lower cost of ext commands by half (Keep ext commands+ full price)

Gives a material repair for lower ranks and a risky enchantment repair without the feature.

#8 Mission001, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  9. Jacob43365

Jacob43365 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $4,000,000
    Ratings:
    +495
    Even if it forced an amount people would just have one for like $100 which would still hurt extcommands.

10. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Sure, it'd work, but what's the point in that if we just have the /repair command usable for everyone at a cost of exp or ecd? I'd rather do that instead to create an effective dump for exp.

11. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    This just isn't something that will be added to extcommands+/++

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.