Denied [Suggestion] /Own Removal

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zedoker, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zedoker

Zedoker ~|Huggable Ex-GameAdmin & Ex-Tomkfc Lover|~
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,329
    Minecraft Name:
    Zedoker
    Suggestion:
    To have an application to remove a /own from a tool after the original owner has been offline for a long while.
    Reason:
    Through town claims, lwc cleanups, etc, people can acquire certain tools that are /owned to another user. This creates issues, because there are very few people who would buy this tool from that user, and in theory it could create a hassle should the original owner come back after a long inactivity and claim it (similar to town claims).
    However, similar to town claims, inactivity results in a potential loss in assets, like towns. Tools should really be no exception.
    I know that this creates an issue of "but what if you share a tool with someone who goes inactive, but the tool is technically theirs?"
    To this, just be a decent person and don't claim it, youre sharing it anyways...

There could be an application that looks like this... It could cost maybe 50k or something reasonable like that.
    Username:

Item to have /own removed on. Include Enchants:

Item code:

Who is the user who has the /own, and how long have they been offline. Please include a screenshot of in-game length, or forum inactivity. (Must be 6+ months offline):

How did you acquire this tool:

Please place the tool in a chest, /lock or /cprivate it, and record the coordinates and the world here:

Any other Information:

Other Information:
    I honestly think that this would benefit the server, and I know it seems unfair to a user who spent money on a tool, but you have to remember that town claims essentially can do even worse losses to assets.

*Edit - It could be like town claims where the user is forum pm'ed (if offline), and given a chance to come back, just to make it more fair.

Link to this plugin/Is this a custom addition?:
    N/A

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #1 Zedoker, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  2. MaxToMinimum

MaxToMinimum President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +313
    I would say over 6months+ inactive, like a town claim. Star tools cost more than a town, so I think the same inactivity time seems like the best solution.
    +1

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    No. There's literally no point, it just creates more work for administration and promotes an attitude of "I'm going to wait for you to go inactive then I'm gonna steal your shit".

There's no reason other than that people who play now want stuff they didn't earn at the expensive of those who earned stuff.

4. Zedoker

Ratings:
    +2,329
    Isn't that the logic behind town claims...? Oh you went inactive? Oh I'm going to claim your hard work and break it down and sell it all... If you come back... That sucks, you get to see all your hard work just disappear.
    If you get a tool during a town claim, isn't it rightfully yours? The town claim logic applies here!

5. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    Town claims are bad too!

Seriously, how much good has ever come out of them? All I ever see is people being bitter because person X was able to claim Rich Person's Town before they were.

6. purplelegoender

purplelegoender [⚜EcoLegend⚜][⚜Philosopher⚜][⚜RogueDivision⚜]
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,062
    What if the user of the /owned tool is permanently banned and will not be able to return to claim that certain tool that is owned by them? Maybe this suggestion wont work for users who have been off the server for a year or whatsoever, but staff could remove a /own off of a tool of users who will never return to ECC as far as you or the staff know. And even if the permanently banned users are able to appeal and return I would think its their fault that their /own was removed because they did something totally against the rules and got themselves into the situation that they did.

#6 purplelegoender, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  7. Zedoker

Ratings:
    +2,329
    If we have town claims, why not just have tool claims?
    Thats assuming the ban is actually permanent. lol. But I do see your point...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,061
    Why make a bad system worse?

9. purplelegoender

purplelegoender [⚜EcoLegend⚜][⚜Philosopher⚜][⚜RogueDivision⚜]
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,062
    Just because a system is broken or improperly secured does not mean that it cannot be fixed with better suggestions or things added on to the suggestion that all of this originated from.

10. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,061
    That's making a bad system better...

I asked why we should be making it worse.

11. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,632
  12. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    I dont see why 'Perma'd players /own'd tools cant be Removed.
    Cause afterall, they are meant to be gone forever, and not coming back, unless thats not what Perma means...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  13. Zedoker

Ratings:
    +2,329
    I understand where you're coming from, however I think that this "bad system," if updated to be better, could include certain aspects of tool claims and all that, but I don't necessarily see how it could be made "better?"

14. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Oh come on Mission :D, like the term Perma ban really means banned from ECC forever. Most of the time, these players are allowed to return over and over so I would love to see the term "perma" eliminated from ECC vocabulary.
    This server is owned by andrew and he always has the right to allow any player to come back at any time if he chooses (usually when he gets over being mad at someone :p ) and he frequently does just that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Zedoker

Ratings:
    +2,329
    Added: It could be like town claims where the user is forum pm'ed (if offline), and given a chance to come back, just to make it more fair.

16. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,458
    Just this....
    Tool ownership is not meant and will never be meant to be something that can just be bypassed because of x y and z.

• Potato Potato x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.