Denied [Suggestion] More Mining Resets

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by heartsandwrists, Jun 15, 2016.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes, it's a good idea

20 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No, it's not a good idea

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  3. I don't know.

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heartsandwrists

heartsandwrists Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +134
    Minecraft Name: DoomedTimelines

Suggestion: I am suggesting that the mining world is reset more often, perhaps every two weeks.

Reason: Though making the world bigger would also help solve this, it may cause lag. Builders need a valid resource of making money and it's hard to do so when the mining world is completely mined out.

Any Other Information: Resetting the mining world does not take long.

Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?: N/A

2. Babylonian_

Babylonian_ Builder

Ratings:
    +235
    +10
    Maybe even make it every week

#2 Babylonian_, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  3. AgentHare

AgentHare Builder

Ratings:
    +515
    I agree. It is hard to find an untouched mineshaft, ravine or cave system and it is even hard to shaft mine for a few blocks without running into someone's massive EFF7 tunnel. I think this would be a good addition. I think people who say no to this will say something along the lines of "This lets mining make more money" or "inflate the mining market". To them I say that the eff7 pick already inflates the market greatly, and I doubt builders being able to make money won't make a big difference.

4. ChefCraft19

ChefCraft19 Microsoft Excel Certified
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +442
    Due to the player count increase, I think this is a good thing. Every 2-3 weeks should work fine. +1

5. teofilovic

teofilovic Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +291
    YES.
    The 5000x5000 size worked back when there were no eff7s. Eff7s tear up the mining world too fast and too early, and by the middle of the 3rd week people are tearing up the main worlds. Let's make this change for a better ECC.

#5 teofilovic, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  6. goblizz

goblizz The One and Only
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,576
    Let's be clear here... is the mining world totally ripped up by week three or ripped up at the most popular levels by week three?

I don't disagree the mining world gets shredded. But what I do disagree is the people saying that you make zero money mining towards the end of the month, or "because the mining world is ripped up". The mining world has a lot of untouched pockets at diamond-bearing levels. All it takes is mining a little closer to bedrock (5,6,7) or a little higher than normal (14,15,16) and boom, you have mining area. Secondly, I did some testing where I strip mined off an eff7 trail...It's surprising what people who are lazily mining or grinding can miss. Or thirdly, if you don't mind a slight cut in your pay, mine at the level 17 or 18 - you'll still get pretty much everything sans diamonds. And those levels are usually untouched for most of the reset, I can tell you that.

Plus, who are we to say that it's bad to mine a bit in the main world? It's not like people can just invade your regions and steal your resources; the area you claim is untouchable without perms. ECC isn't factions. Let them mine in the main world if they so choose.

I disagree with sooner resets. If any change is to be made, let's expand the borders by 500 in each direction and make it 6000x6000.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #6 goblizz, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  7. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    psst, expanding the borders in each direction would make it 7000x7000

8. 314

314 Irrational Moderator, former ServerAdmin
    SuperMod EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,900,000
    Ratings:
    +4,911
    I say no to this, yet base it on the same opinion as goblizz above. Not only are there multiple other levels to mine on, I normally find a lot of untouched areas at y=11 shortly before the mining reset. (At least this was the case before the last two resets.)

9. goblizz

goblizz The One and Only
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,576
    Fixed now ;)

10. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,090
    +1, doesnt need to happen right away but player count is rising. Somethings gonna need to change a bit once we hit 200 players. Or along those lines.

11. kukelekuuk

Ratings:
    +6,925
    It wasn't really a problem when we had 400 players, I don't see how it's a problem with 200.

12. Zedoker

Zedoker ~|Huggable Ex-GameAdmin & Ex-Tomkfc Lover|~
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,329
    increasing the reset frequency would seemingly destroy market prices, and would probably lead to decreased prices of goodies from the mining world.
    More resets = more mined ores = more diamonds n stuff = overflow of market and too many sold.

13. ToCatchAHansen

ToCatchAHansen Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +410

14. grahamster00

grahamster00 Builder

Ratings:
    +47
    If we increase the resets, even though new players could get new materials, the price would be lowered for the materials, so essentially they are making the same amount of money. I.e if we double the amount of resets, then prices will most likely halve, since there will be twice as many materials coming into the market. However, this new influx of material may encourage people to go for things like the diamond, emerald, or EXP collector medals, making their prices a little higher. In the long run though, I don't think it's a good idea.

I think if any change is made, enlarging the mining world would be the better idea. There would be a miner (he he... puns) influx of ores and diamonds, so prices might drop a little, but not enough to negatively impact the new players. It also allows for more area for EFF 7's and normal people to compete for resources, as well as more area in the Y5-7 and 13-15 area in the days leading up to the reset. However, no one's to say if the market won't still crash and we'll still be making the same or less amount of money per hour.

15. teofilovic

teofilovic Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +291
    There were FAR fewer eff7s back then. Maybe even none, I don't know. All I know is, that's the reason the setup worked back then.

16. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    What market prices rofl. /sell is used for 95% of mining goods.

#16 RyanBlocks2, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  17. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    +0. It's pretty annoying mining the last week of every month but I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

18. WreckitRalphed

WreckitRalphed The Wise Old Man
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +768
    Yeah, but 1 Eff 7 miner is equivalent to ~4 eff 5 miners there were no eff 7's when we had 400 people on. I disagree with this suggestion, mining makes too much money already allowing it to become even greater money will lead to a crash in diamonds and other non sellable materials, and cause other ways of making money to become not worth the time nor effort.

19. kukelekuuk

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Everyone keeps saying that there were relatively less eff7 miners in 2013 (when we peaked 400-450 players). Where do you get this data from? From what I remember everyone and their mothers had eff7s or melonswords. (hell, there were even people with 2-3 swords and/or picks)

#19 kukelekuuk, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  20. WreckitRalphed

WreckitRalphed The Wise Old Man
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +768
    I remember nearly no one having them for quite some time. However we are both in agreement that this suggestion should be denied, that's what matters. @kukelekuuk00

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.