Denied [Suggestion] More Inclusive VMR Reward System

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ajp79, Oct 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +915
    Minecraft Name:
    Ajp79
    Suggestion:
    I know vmr is in the early stages, but the point system only caters to a select group of players and isn’t inclusive enough to generate enough involvement which could be a bad thing.
    An example would be players who aren’t in it for the money but the ability to accomplish something. I would propose a rank system that could be purchased with VMR money as it it accumulated or allow points to be purchased for VMR towards the medal. Almost a leveling up so to speak. You start as a runner and move up based on the VMR money you get. The medal is fine and all but it’s more of a mini game right now based on grinding. If VMR is going to be a long term situation then there needs to be an incentive for players who will stick to it but not have the time to grind to win any points. I’m happy with just being recognized for what I do in the time I have to play. I think others would be as well.
    Reason:
    I believe it’s an easy tweak. It would give more incentives for players to play long term instead of quitting because they feel there isn’t any chance they make top 10 for that week. You could still award medals and ECD based on points and what not. This will give all players a chance to work towards something.
    Other Information:
    Ranks could be any level and have cool tags..
    Runner...beginner...novice...expert...etc. ok bad example but you get the picture. They would be based on set levels of VMR money collected and could be automatic (plugin) or done through an application process. Maybe even award ECD for each rank or other incentives/rewards that can transfer to the main server. I also think the ability to purchase points with VMR would be good

Link to this plugin/Is this a custom addition?:
    Doesn’t have to be but I’m pretty sure there some code you can write into the tag system for ranks... at least there was at one point. Jamie always need more work to do.... ;) Would be neat for it to auto change your ranks based on the money accumulated.

Anyway there is a lot that could be done with this. I know it creates more work for you guys but I am worried that if this stays more and more will be put off and only a certain group will do it. The more inclusive it is the more will play VMR and make it better.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #1 ajp79, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  2. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    I've been working on spec'ing out some solution to this as I 100% agree -- I can't grind VMR for hours each week and since I'm guaranteed not to make top 10 it's almost like I just shouldn't play.

What I was thinking of is having some set "achievements" that of course reset whenever VMR does. These could award ECD directly via the forums, and possibly directly add leaderboard points as well.

3. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Yeah in addition, up until a certain point, it's nonlinear for effort put in, so people that have more time in game easily jump ahead. Most of the top 10 now were top 10 on Sunday, so it's hard for anyone new that wants to try placing to place.

4. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +915
    It’s the whole week to week that kinda bothers me. I think VMR should become a more permanent alternative to the main server. Not saying we shouldn’t reset the world but the achievements and ranks should remain. I love the point system and medals... but again I don’t have the time to grind. Maybe points should be awarded based on the VMR amount you accumulate.

Great to hear more is coming though. Thanks

5. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +915
    Honestly it’s because many of those players were grinding at a rate many can’t compete with so most just gave up and left. I feel this ultimately ruins the whole idea... I was on a lot yesterday and the most players in VMR at one time was 3-4. For this to be any real fun it’s needs to be much higher. I also think the world is way too big. Make it smaller so there is more player interaction and risk.

6. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,433
    I rather like this idea. Just throwing some ideas out there but I thought maybe as part of the achievements you have to collect a certain number of hard to obtain items or say "sell 10000 bones" for the Skeleton Hunter Achievement or something.
    I agree VMR needs "more' to it to keep players coming back week after week. I got into the grind with my team early on. It was easy for me to keep up during the week as my schedule is very light. Come the weekend though, big orders, extra shifts, double shifts. I haven't got the time to grind it out to the end.
    I 100% love the vanilla concept, I just feel as others here do that we need more to achieve in vanilla, rather than only placing in the top 5 mega-grind life to even win anything.

#6 ClarinetPhoenix, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  7. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,324
    Yeah I like that. We should also add some lower rank achievements for less ECD (like smelt iron gives $15 ECD)

8. stigarose

stigarose Eyecare Ex-EcoLegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +852
    Vmr was fun for the five minutes I had to play one day. I like vanilla a lot! But it’s not worth it because I’ll never make top 10. I’ll keep watching for the changes in the system and stick to the main server for now. Loved vmr until I got blown up ;)

9. monkeyBUTT244

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +626
    I completely agree. I am not at all motivated to play the VMR right now because of how far behind I am. If I had something that I could actually look towards accomplishing later in the game, without needing to be grinding 24/7 in order to get something out of it, I would personally be a lot more active on the VMR server.

10. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    if we were to implement a ranking system the ranks would be permanent. I would prefer a "weekly" achievement system that resets as the main "non-leaderboard" approach though.

I don't want the VMR money to directly convert to anything that's permanent as that heavily restricts us in the diversity of our themes. Right now it's a given that the average earnings per hour will shift from week to week with the theme changes. I don't want us to have a situation where people only see VMR as worth it during certain themes.

Ideally every achievement would be finite and not vary from week to week (for instance it will always be exactly as hard to find diamond the first time, visit the nether, kill the wither, etc).

11. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,324
    In this case, make the achievements absolutely ridiculous (like sell one million bones) that way it would either take weeks of casual play or hours upon hours of intense play

12. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,060
    huh?

I'm intending to say they should reset each week... so you can continue to earn them and actively earn some money from VMR.

13. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,324
    I’m sorry. I had a 16 hour day today so far and I totally misread what u said

14. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,102
    Points/ECD will absolutely *NEVER* be based on VMR Dollars. This is economically a disaster and would take ages beyond ages to tweak for vanilla and for each week. Suggesting that VMR Dollars could be used for anything but end-of-the-week leaderboards is 100% useless as it will never happen.

With that said I do like the idea of having VMR ranks (other than runner) and VMR achievements. I’ll leave this thread open for further suggestions on how we can do that, however when it comes to VMR Dollars, don’t even bother suggesting we use those as a template, it is a 100%-will-not-happen.
    ECD will never be awarded from VMR for anything other than the end-of-week-leaderboard.
    It isn't supposed to be easy after all, if you really want first one week, you're going to have to wait for a Sunday reset and put serious effort into it.
    VMR will never be a permanent alternative to the main server. Other servers we add to the network may be, but not VMR. The reason people have so many ideas/suggestions for VMR is because it's the first new server we ever added to ECC. Just wait for new ones to pop up, like Skyblock, which actually will be permanent alternatives to the main server.

As well as stated above, VMR dollars will never be used as a template for points.
    As above, it isn't meant to be easy. Also there will never be a world border, this is vanilla.
    Now here we have a solution I can possibly get behind, hmm... "Collect a certain number of hard to obtain items for an achievement" ... this way you don't even have to follow the theme, you can just play VMR for achievements... interesting, lets see if I can make something out of this :)
    Never. The only way to EVER make ECD from VMR will be the end of the week leaderboards. This will literally 100% never change.
    As clare mentioned above, those kind of achievements MAY happen, still trying to wrap my head around how I can possibly do this :)
    Yup, I see where you're coming from, impossible to compete with the hardcore guys. If you read Clare's idea above, this is what I'm leaning towards right now :)
    I prefer to have permanent achievements that don't reset, WITHOUT a ranking system at this time. Perhaps a ranking system in the future based on how many of those achievements you have.

As you mentioned, this is one of the reasons VMR Dollars will never affect anything on the main server. Ever. 100%
    This is what I am leaning towards :)
    Resetting achievements every week will make them useless to earn. Players like permanent "achievement badges" kind of like our forum medals. The achievements will definitely be permanent.

ANDDDDDDDDD
    There, I think I answered everything ...

The summary is:

- VMR Dollars will never be used as a template for achievements, ecodollars, absolutely anything, other than the end of week leaderboard/ecd reward. Do not even waste your time suggesting it, it is 100% set in stone.
    - Achievement system for permanent achievements is quite a cool idea, just need to wrap my head around how I would properly do it and handle it. Something like 10,000 bones = skull master, or whatever sounds pretty epic. Some sort of Vanilla Achievement book you can slowly fill out ... hmmmmmmm thinking thinking :D

PS: I understand there are millions of ideas floating around VMR, but this is simply because it's the first new server we added. We will not change it into something it is not, sorry. Once we get more servers, stuff like "permanent places to play over the main server" (skyblock, hell maybe even another main) will become a possibility. VMR will not change in any way like that. VMR is VMR. A vanilla week to week grind-fest. If you cannot compete, stick to the main server/other servers we add.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
    #14 andrewkm, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  15. KingCharlie9

KingCharlie9 EcoPremiumPrestigeLegendTycomaster
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +526
    @ajp79 dude. once again you beat me to the suggestion i was thinking of doing XDD.
    anyways, @JamieSinn @andrewkm
    +1to this, but i think ranks should be based on points instead, coz rn all points do is get you a forum medal.

16. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,102
    Read my response.

17. KingCharlie9

Ratings:
    +526
    Oops I didnt see...
    But my suggestion is -
    trade vmr points (not VMRD) for vmr ranks.
    so 10 points = sprinter
    20 points = supersprintwr
    100 points = vmr forum medal and (rankhere).
    If this thing is the kind of thing you said you will never be added, then my bad, sorry.
    I'm just confused of what you meant in your response, because my rank idea has nothing to do with the main server and ecd.

18. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,102
    VMR points will never be traded/removed from the leaderboard.
    I already have an idea I'm working on with Jamie to make VMR more interesting for those who cannot compete though.

#18 andrewkm, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  19. KingCharlie9

Ratings:
    +526
    Oh okay, and that's awesome because some of us cant grind like the others...
    (others=@DiamondDesire)

20. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +915
    Achievement book would be awesome... insane achievements brought to you courtesy of the Mind of Andrew and Jamie.

Now we’re talking!!

Jeweler collect - Diamonds...Gold...emeralds
    Politician - Emeralds (Villager Trading)
    Explorer - Temple/Dungeon loot

So many possabilities!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.