Denied [Suggestion] Flexibility When Requesting Temp Bans

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by y0landi, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. y0landi

y0landi Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +108
    Minecraft Name:
    @y0landi

Suggestion:
    Allow players to request temp bans for times shorter/longer than 3 days.
    Allow players to request temp bans in-game.
    Remove 3 month wait period for applying for staff for requesting a temp ban.

Reason:
    I personally have waited until the last minute on a few semester-long projects, and getting on ECC has always been a problem for me, as I would rather play ECC than doing my projects. A shorter temp ban time (1 day) would be more beneficial as I would not be able to get online.

I suggest that temp bans can be requested for a desired length, rather than 3 days, in order to allow people to take a day long break from ECC to work on other things.

Any Other Information:
    If this is accepted, there would need to be a limit how frequent people can request for a ban. Ex troll requests, or asking for temp bans for 10 minutes every 10 minutes. Include a limitation of about 6 requests per month.

Allow temp bans to be initiated in-game, as they will be more frequent if you must not wait 3 days to get back on. It should be required for staff members to screenshot the player requesting to be banned, to prevent staff from banning for no reason. And allow for temp ban appeals to be allowed if they were given without request (may be already in effect).

Also, remove the 3 month wait period for requesting for staff if you request a temp ban. If this is removed, then requesting a temp ban in-game would be easier, and there wouldn't need to be documented evidence as there is currently.

I know I mentioned a few things here and my ignorance may be shown as I may not know all of the policies in place, but I looked back in the suggestions a bit and did not see this in the suggestions, so I couldn't see why this could not be done. As well I guess this is for other people who have this same concern who were answered in-game. But if it is on the forums, then it will be open to public viewing.
    Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?:

#1 y0landi, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  2. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Unless I am horribly mistaken, requesting a 3 day temp ban does not make you ineligible for staff, if that is what you mean here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. y0landi

y0landi Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +108
    Yeah it is, which is one of the reasons I said this, but thank you for clarifying this up for me.

4. zevzero

zevzero Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,847
    Why would a staff member randomly ban someone who hasn't asked for a tempban...?

5. physyy

physyy Retired ECC Owner
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,033
    @ZevZero he means the ability to request in game and not just on the forums.

Also aman is correct. The ability to apply for staff is not affected by a ban request.

As for the ability to request a temp ban longer than three days, this really isn't needed. Just request another one if you absolutely need to.

I don't see a problem with the ability to request one/two/or three days though but nothing like 12 hours or 1 day 12 hours crap.

6. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    -1 My opinion is if you need to request a ban in the first place there is something wrong there... just block ecc on your pc.

7. y0landi

y0landi Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +108
    I personally could see how a 12 hour temp ban could be extremely helpful to me, and I feel is should be added as long as it is not abused/overused. But 1 day 12 hours would be just a combination of smaller increments and could be avoided.
    Some people have no self control and only have brief moments of self control remembering that they should be doing other things (@me), and an in-game temp ban would allow those brief moments of self control to cause a lasting impact.

#7 y0landi, Feb 1, 2017
  8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    If you can't keep yourself off ECC, why should staff?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. FuryFudge

FuryFudge IDK ask Fury
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,324
    I personally don't see why this shouldn't be added, but I also don't see why this should be added. If you lack self control to do what needs to be done, that is your own problem, not the problem of the ECC staff.

10. y0landi

y0landi Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +108
    I realize now how immature this post makes me look... But hopefully it serves its purpose, and frankly I don't care what other people think of me.

11. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    How does this benefit the server, though?

before you say "well people won't do stupid stuff to get themselves banned"... most of what they can do to get themselves banned isn't really that harmful. Anything that is truly harmful isn't used as it would actually jeopardize the change of returning.

12. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    Wont change because its not broken,
    Which is the mentality of a lot of suggestions that dont go anywhere, even if they are liked by quite a few people unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #12 Mission001, Feb 1, 2017
  13. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    self control goes a long way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    Denied.

Just quit school and play ECC for life. It's clearly the way to go. Listen to your inner self. Eeeee seeee seeee, it calls to you, it needs you, you need it!
    EEEEE
    SEEEEE
    SEEEEEEEEEEE
    [​IMG]
    No but really dude if you can't self control in school an ECC temp ban won't help you. You'll just end up on some shit like cookie clicker or CS:GO.

Self control is your friend.

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #14 andrewkm, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.