Accepted [Suggestion] Fix Contracts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nicit6, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    This is the first in the series of "Things Nicit meant to do but didn't".

Minecraft Name: Nicit6

Suggestion: Change the tagging rules for contracts to only require 1 tag per person in the "Players involved in this contract" field. Don't require tagging in the agreement.

Reason: Current contract tagging rules are dumb.

Any Other Information: There's no need to tag somebody 5 billion times in a contract. No need at all.

The tags at the top will say usernames involved when the contract was made and you can click through to see who they are now. Just ensure for the rest of the contract it's understandable what refers to who. This saves a ton of time on staffs and players ends as contracts can be approved quicker. There's also no need to tag your own name when agreeing, no reason at all for it.

Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?: Edit button on contract sticky.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  2. maroiogog

maroiogog ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,353
    -1, if there was a spelling mistake in the contract somewhere a user could be "my name wasn't there, i didn't agree to that" and not repay a loan or something. The tagging is a way to avoid this. Without tags mods would have to look for spelling mistakes in names, which is more difficult than spotting missing "@"s. And in my opinion putti @ infront of names isn't really difficult.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    I don't see how that's relevant unless two people in the contract have similar names? Sure I've agreed to a contract and one clause says Nicti instead of Nicit but if I'm the only one with even a similar name, it's pretty obvious it's me. This is a minecraft server, not a court of law.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. _Sharpy

_Sharpy Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $348,740
    Ratings:
    +652
    +1 I'd like to see more of the series "Things Nicit meant to do but didn't".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    -1 This ^
    Also, I mean most people use in-game contracts anyways. Personally I think contracts just clutter up the forum and time and effort would be better spent stressing how to take proper in-game contract evidence. But if contracts are kept, I think it's best to keep it air tight and tagging all the names ensures that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  6. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,756
    -1 This is a waste of time, and this is gonna screw someone over...

7. goblizz

goblizz The One and Only

Ratings:
    +1,576
    I thought about suggesting this at one point xD

I agree. No reason to tag a million times when you only get one alert. Plus, if you misspell one name or something, the Moderators should catch that when reviewing contracts.

Also, the "what if" scenarios are still "what ifs" until they happen. You can what-if yourself to death and never do a thing. Only if it becomes a PROBLEM when implemented does it become bad. Quite frankly, someone gets "screwed" because of this change, a complaint can be filed for contract abuse.

+1.

8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,061
    The point of this is to make forum contracts less of a pain, requiring less time and effort on everyone's part. Contracts are infinitely better for most things - and I don't see how this makes things less air tight. Sure, people can try gaming the system with a typo, but it's just as easy to say NO when they try to argue it. Again, this is a minecraft server, not a court of law.

No... it literally doesn't waste time, in any way. It saves so much time. It takes like 5 minutes to change and will speed up nearly every contract posted here on out. How is it going to screw someone over? The only thing is people playing technicalities, but as I've stated, this is not an issue if you do not let them. This is not a court of law.

Contracts don't need to be iron clad. They just need every party to understand what is expected of them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. techy88

techy88 Tech-savvy Nub
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +262
    Not sure how I stand on this. I don't really belive the tagging itself is necessary, but it does make it easier to spot names in a contract or notice where they're missing. From a Moderator standpoint I'm going to have to disagree with this. -1 Sorry @Nicit6 lol <3

10. Dccciz

Dccciz Nicememer55

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,061
    If you agree to a contract and the name is spelled wrong and you don't follow through with the deal because of the misspelled name you should be banned for attempted scamming.

+1

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #10 Dccciz, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  11. 29dude

29dude Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +859
    Even if this was implemented I would still tag everybody involved. -1

12. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    ^
    Also contracts on the forum are probably last on my list of things that are even remotely broken on ECC

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #12 Mission001, Jan 12, 2016
  13. SuburbSomeone

SuburbSomeone Shrubby Tycoon

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +6,479
    I don't see how this is that bad of an idea.... it should be pretty simple to just say both people's names once and then be done with it. +2030 from me.

14. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,061
    I don't see how it should make a difference? The entirety of a contract needs to be read, and if it's unclear, needs to be changed.

Which you'd be more than free to, but if you mistakenly forgot a tag, your contract would not be held up, wasting the time of everyone involved.

As I stated as a reply to... 3? posts, saying that spelling is an actual issue misrepresents things greatly.
    And even if you don't think they're broken, where's the harm in taking 10 minutes to make the change to make everything run smoother?

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. xX3PICREBELXx

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,608
    +1 techy's response didn't disappoint.

16. HelixInsight

HelixInsight Surgeon
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,280
    +1

If you miss one or two taggings then it's not a big deal, however it shouldn't be pointed out with such zeal like today's policy.

17. Mission001

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    Please let others have there own opinion if its valid. Just because we dont agree doesnt mean we are not thinking. Maybe you should be doing what you are preaching.

Dont fix what aint broke?
    Pretty sur ive been told this for lot of things to do with ECC suggestions, including from Nicit if i remember correctly.

In the great words of Nicit on another suggestion:
    Doesnt this remind you of contracts? xD

#17 Mission001, Jan 12, 2016
  18. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    It is broken though... You're actively wasting time on something so useless. And comparing two unrelated things to each other (Town bans and contracts) is a silly thing to do.

I literally don't see what's hard about having staff click the edit button and just getting rid of the tagging requirements... Takes like 2 minutes max. lol

19. Mission001

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    So you are relating time wasting to something being broken?
    Cause something that wastes your time doesn't make it broken bud lol

If your going by things that are time wasting are broken, then we might as well get rid of the contracts on the forums in general then.
    Cause they take too long to do when you dont actually have to do them. You could do one on the server.

20. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    2 minutes to fix something that's broken and wastes countless players time isn't worth it and is "wasting time"??? I fail to see how that's so.

I already explained why contracts are necessary. They're much more cleaner and make things easier for the parties involved and are easier for staff also in the case of a scam. Moderators will make sure your agreements are valid and all you need to do is show evidence of payment and such. This ensures more safety for players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.