Denied [Suggestion] Allow investigators to see [Trade] signs' history as well

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Expipiplusone, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    • Minecraft Name:
      • Expipiplusone
    • Suggestion:
      • Allow investigators to see [Trade] signs' history with ice, just as they can see chests and dispensers' history. I have no idea why this was never suggested before, I thoroughly searched but found nothing.
    • Reason:
      • I can't see why not?
      • [Trade] signs store stuff, chests store stuff: if I can see stuff gone into and out of chests, why not for [Trade] signs as well?
      • I might be interested to know who bought all my <insert some good> so that, when I have more, I can just alert them instead of hoping they will come again by chance.
      • I might have set up a payment sign and I want to be sure that the payments were made by the actual debtor and not someone else by mistake.
      • Someone might have bought something from my sign by mistake while I was offline/elsewhere, and they might (kindly) ask me to undo it. Now: I know that I'm not compelled to comply, but what if I just want to be reasonable and undo the harmless mistake, regardless? I might want to make sure that they actually interacted with my sign and are not trying to scam using a sign of mine where someone else purchased stuff from earlier.
      • You get the idea, there's plenty of reasons why someone might want to investigate [Trade] signs.
    • Any Other Information:
      • But priiiiiivacyyyy!!
        • Chests can be investigated as well?
        • Ok, protected chests can't be investigated by anyone, but only by the owner. Then just give this possibility only to the owner of the [Trade] sign?
    • Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?:
      • I honestly don't know whether another plugin might be needed or if we could just tweak the one we already have.

2. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Trade sign history as in when the sign updates?

Sadly that's not possible as logblock goes off of a SignUpdateEvent, (or SignChangeEvent, i forget which it is) - and when essentials updates the text on the sign, it simply sets the text on the sign, not sending out the event.

In a perfect world, yes, we could, but it's a waste of time as for any trade sign interactions, as they are logged elsewhere. ServerAdmins can request the trade log for info/checkups from me.

Not something we'd be interested in doing, sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.