Accepted [Suggestion] Adult friendly the server

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cdlawrence, Dec 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I completely understand about what happens depending on which moderator is on at the time. I have always believed that our staff does the very best they can but can be biased just as any of us can. If there are issues with specific staff, it seems it would make more sense to file the proper complaints than change a rule system that seems to be working fairly well overall.
    I also believe that you would be able to converse with my granddaughter and I and have no issues.
    Pure and I (and others) have had many conversations that should never come up again as well :D

2. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    I don't mind making a line in the rules that states chat is PG13 (not directed) since that's a more relaxed environment. Thoughts?

3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I agree 100%, but maybe make the vip chat be more R rated stuff

#23 Jdawger, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  4. cdlawrence

cdlawrence Nubby Nubs
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +273
    I do like this idea as it gives an idea to new people what level we are on rather than a trial and error way for them to figure out where the line is. Much simpler than explaining family friendly and such. PG 13.

5. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    What exactly would that even mean, though? We're really already a PG-13 server in the sense that we allow minor/non-excessive swearing and somewhat touchy subjects in chat. Stating the obvious (espicially via a totally arbitrary american-centric rating) doesn't even touch on the points of the suggestion or change/clarify anything.

#25 UnitedStates2, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  6. Conorx

Conorx Its well and truly Big Boy Season
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +293
    Personally Many user opinions are needed before a decision should be made.

However, I feel like people like @AdmiralD’s opinions should be regarded especially, as it seems like they really have an understanding of how to move forward from this.

7. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    I used to be against strict swearing rules on the server until we loosened them and the chat turned into some Call of Duty crap - enabling a golden platform for 11 year old brats whose vocabulary consists of "gay" and "fuck" and maybe four or five one-syllable words that complement those. I'm not against loosening rules because of some bullshit coddling agenda, Im against it because if I wanted to torture myself with listening to teenagers learn swear words, I'd go back to middle school.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,065
    Personally I think the swearing rules are fine how they are.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this the way we had it a few months ago? Then we decided chat was becoming way too toxic?

As far as the original suggestion goes. I have some things to point out.
    Describe adult friendly. Cause I'm confused. In real life, when people are at work, I wouldn't call their job a kid friendly place. However I have yet to meet a person who is allowed to swear while working. At least not in front of their bosses.
    In public? You can actually get in trouble for swearing too much. Why? It disrupts the peace.
    Now people swear in their own house a lot, they swear around close friends.

Close friends = party chat? Honestly if everyone is fine with swearing in your party chat no complaints going to go up. We aren't gonna tear apart logs to see if someones been swearing in party chat.

Your own house = You could mail yourself swears I suppose. If you have to get it out...

I just gotta ask... what on earth are you wanting to talk about that's R rated?? That has any place on a minecraft server? (Might be best to forum convo that answer to me)

We don't really need to worry about that. Iirc they already hate us.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #28 strongpelt, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  9. rainengal

rainengal Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +12
    As a mostly not active user, I personally find it hard(and a tad irritating) to come onto a server if I find the social situation is excessive with swearing.

'R' rated? Please explain what you mean. There are a lot of delicate situations in the 'R' rated sections. Are you suggesting players talk graphically about sexual situations and/or objects? The things that people would have to show an identification card IRL to be able to witness in some sort of business? Believe it or not, VIP chat does have children in it.

#29 rainengal, Jan 1, 2018
  10. Conorx

Ratings:
    +293
    People are more willing and understanding to leave VIP than global. That being said VIP aid never used anyways so yeah.

I’m gonna use this time rn to say, bring back town chat channels Jamie :(. You could essentially say what you wanted, as long as you kept the password under control.

11. strongpelt

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,065
    Please note staff cannot leave it and we do have kids on staff :) Not to mention, I definitely don't want to see that in vip.

12. KMaxwell

KMaxwell Crazy Cat Lady that Crochets
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,614
    I am an adult... and I don't like to swear. (Sorry, but this almost seems like a confession.)

I found it odd, in high school, that I would be sworn at more by kids in grade school than I ever did by my peers, or even the adults around me... and odder still that I didn't like hearing those words coming from children.

I do not need swear words to get by, or to get my point across, or even to sound like an adult. I couldn't even force myself to swear when I was in the back of an ambulance after getting hit by a car (as a pedestrian), with an ankle so broken I needed a plate and nine pins to put it all back together again. I've been accused of 'talking like a teacher' for using proper words and punctuation and being intimidating because of it. (I was on ECC's Staff at that time, too, so maybe it was what made me a good moderator.)

Don't get me wrong, I love movies like Deadpool and Hitman's Bodyguard, where it is rather against the rules not to swear. But those are movies. Brief snippits of entertainment. It is not a community of players who see each other day after day... month after month... year after year.

The rules of ECC don't need to change on the matter of language. If you need vulgarity while playing a game in order to enjoy it, well, I doubt Minecraft is really the right one to choose. While there is an economy here, the basis for that is the creative need to build something... this is a creativity toy at the heart of it, that just happens to contain friendly, and not so friendly, monsters.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. Conorx

Ratings:
    +293
    Look, the server already agree that some staff members are uh, choice. Not naming names or pointing fingers, but if you can’t handle a four letter word, you shouldn’t be staff.

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean you can’t cope with dealing with it.

14. Scamazon

Scamazon monkey
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,157
    I think she's talking about the R rated stuff.

15. strongpelt

Ratings:
    +2,065
    Same could also be said with coping with not doing it... Just saying.

^^^ Marsh is right :)

16. stigarose

stigarose Eyecare Ex-EcoLegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +852
    -1 I’m already uncomfortable to let my kids be around when chat visible.

Can’t quote right now, typing on phone, but someone said player retention is focus? I disagree and lambie on point, have you seen all the builders/residents on lately???

I went inactive for 3-4 months and when i returned a few months back it was looking pretty desperate...but new player activity is way up!

So many great -1s I won’t go on. Just adding my own.

17. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    Is it socially acceptable to talk about R rated topics, sensitive topics as well as swear in front of a minor in the real world? No. So why should it be allowed on a Minecraft server just because it's 'the internet' ... ?

Just a question for all those in favour of legalising such things.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #37 OlympiansAreGods, Jan 1, 2018
  18. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    Every time someone suggests something like this my opinion is always the same. If you cant handle internet or the real life then stay inside and cover your ears for the rest of your life lol. What i hate is getting warned for dumb shit like words that are not even bad we need to loosen the rules just a little so +1.

This is another suggestion someone could post but. We could also make a separate channel that you have to apply on the forums to get into. Yes its another app for mods to do not a big deal we have plenty of staff members that can handle a simple app such as this.

#38 jwpwns, Jan 1, 2018
  19. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Your point of if you cant handle it then stay inside and cover your ears is a very selfish mindset you have.
    You could also respect others by not needlessly have to say swear/vulgar words because you can.
    People can have self control you know.

If your in your own discord server around others who are fine with it, then great, i know people who swear all the time yet they have the decency to be able to not throw around vulgar language where some people might not like to hear it.
    I still don't understand how someone cant follow the rules on vulgar language/touchy subjects/swearing etc. its not like when talking when it can just slip out sometimes. You have to have the process of:
    1.Think about what your about to say (Some people dont do this granted)
    2. Type what you want to say
    3. Potentially reread what you said
    4. Hit enter
    In those 4 processes, or even 2 if you don't have a brain, you have the ability to remember in your brain the rules of ecc, they arent hard. If you think its going to be warn worthy. You simply dont have to say it or reword it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #39 Mission001, Jan 1, 2018
  20. Conorx

Ratings:
    +293