Denied Star tool rejigging

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hackney_Builder, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hackney_Builder

Hackney_Builder Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +205
    Ok, this suggestion is about rejigging star tools.
    Star shears: Fortune 7 Unbreaking 3 shears.. Hourly earnings: 8k. Price: 500 nstars.
    The purpose of this star tool is to allow people to make a steady amount of money with a small buy in.

Quick Pick: Efficiency 15 Unbreaking 5 Silk Touch pickaxe. Hourly earnings: 5k (if used on its own)
    25k (with a max pick) 75k (with a Fortune Pick). Price of the tool: 2000 nstars.
    The purpose of this star tool is to replace the eff7 pickaxe and to buff it in the face of the fortune pick.

Fortune Pick: Fortune 7 Efficiency 5 Unbreaking 3.pickaxe. Hourly earnings: 40k (if used on its own)
    75k (with a Quick Pick). The purpose of this star tool is to allow people to make lots of money, although they will need lots of ereps because this is only a Unbreaking 3 pickaxe. Price of the tool: 2500 nstars.

Star shields: Negates 75% of damage done to you before armour. (I'm not sure of the enchants needed, please post them below.) The purpose of this star tool is for pvp combat. Price of the tool: 2000 nstars.

Star flint and steel: *DOES NOT NEED PYRO TO USE* When left clicked, it acts like the Firestone item from the railcraft mod (sets flammable things within 5 blocks on fire except the block you stand on.) When left clicked again, it stops. When right clicked, it acts like a normal flint and steel. *YOU CAN ONLY USE IT IN WILD OR IN YOUR OWN REGION* Purpose of star tool: Too many to name. Price of the tool: 1500 nstars.

#1 Hackney_Builder, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  2. 314

314 Irrational Moderator, former ServerAdmin
    SuperMod EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,900,000
    Ratings:
    +4,911
    I don't have much time right now, but the math seems to be a little off.
    It is possible to earn quite a bit more than 20k per hour with an efficiency 7 and a max pickaxe already.

Also, since Efficiency 7 already instantly breaks stone, the only uses would be instant breaking while flying and instantly breaking ores, the latter being negated by max pickaxes. The only advantage would be an increase in mobility.

Fortune 7 means that the yield from ores can be multiplied by anything from 1 to 8, each number above 1 having a chance of 11,11%*. A quick estimate based on ore block amounts during mining (which I have seen on the forum a while ago) would be far above the 30k.

Not to mention farming - currently Fortune 3 can multiply by anything from 1 to 4, with each number above 1 having a probability of 20%*. Using the numbers from above, farming /worth would have to be lowered. Farming with normal fortune 3 is already above the 8k you mentioned for the Star Shears.

I think it would require custom coding. I have previously experimented with enchantments on shields and was unsuccessful.

I apologize for any errors I may have made, I am not fully awake yet.
    *Source: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Enchanting#Fortune

3. Hackney_Builder

Hackney_Builder Builder

Ratings:
    +205
    Fixed.

4. rNin

rNin Builder

Ratings:
    +84
    Hm, the issue is that not much players has sheep to shear with and careful, players can use this to farm potatoes/carrot with extremely high herbalism and features to make like over 20k hour.

Though, I would like to see SalsaWizard's Fortune 5 hoe as a star tool for farming crops.

This may be nice but you literally can except money in the server to explode with this and it would do no different in breaking blocks except ores and when flying/diving.
    Though I like Unbreaking 5 in the pickaxe, star tools kinda deserve higher unbreaking enchants since they usually perform a job faster, therefore are prone to break faster.

Fortune 7? That would definitely cause mining income to skyrocket.
    Don't forget players with ExtCom+ features can repair this very easily.

This may be nice but the cost, sure seems expensive for additional star gears.

5. 314

314 Irrational Moderator, former ServerAdmin
    SuperMod EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,900,000
    Ratings:
    +4,911
    Let's see...

This is the summary of my reasons against this suggestion. Players should not be able to earn that much continuously per hour, no matter how high the initial cost (because you could always sell the tool to someone else and list everything you mined with the tool as pure profit).

6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    No. 75k/hr risk-free is way too much even for expensive tools. Not happening, sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.