Star Rod Results at Beginner Fishing Levels

Discussion in 'Economy & Market' started by jmichael214, Dec 29, 2018.

1. jmichael214

jmichael214 Back Again, Apparently
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    I rented a star rod today. Started out at level 5 fishing, and fished for two and a half hours. Here were my results (I have one prestige and McmmoPlus3):

Hour One: Reached fishing level 35, $7,800.00 in fish, enough exp for three nstars, got first ink sac, gold nugget, strong and dpick, but only one of each.

Hour Two: Reached fishing level 60, $9.600.00 in fish, enough exp for three more nstars, got some lily pads as well.

Will come back and update this post as I progress.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Thank you for sharing!
    Still not a great return after rental it seems. :(
    Looking forward to continued updates!

3. jmichael214

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    The impression I have is that one needs to level quite a bit before the rate of return rises. For example, at level 60, one is still in the lowest category of MCMMO fishing, with the same percentage chances of good drops as a level 1 player. I rented it for the whole day, so I'm going to continue to document it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. communism1

communism1 Kingfish
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    Thank you for sharing this, I've always wondered if a star rod is worth it over, say, an eff7.

5. jmichael214

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    The only cautionary note is that these were numbers at low fishing levels. I'm told that the income potential goes up quite a bit as you level -- but I lost patience with it before then.

6. rNin

rNin Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +84
    If you want to know how late game fishing level is like:
    • 5 experience multiplier rate
    • A significant rate of getting diamond tools & sword, though this can clog your inventory quite fast and sometimes you get some decently enchanted diamonds tools & swords
    • More chance of getting loots, though most of those loots are outvalued by a single cod; some can be fairly valuable however
    Also gonna add in fishing drop loots, not as in actual fishing category drops but ranked as in their ECD and/or functional value:
    • Junk: sand, dirt, lilypads, saddles, iron nugget, gold nugget, un-enchanted diamonds gears
    • Common: leather, ink sacs, ender pearl, blaze rods, enchanted diamond gears (value varies)
    • Valuable: name tags, emerald, diamonds, ghast tears
    Don't really remember if I got any strings, and pretty sure I don't fish any lapis lazuli and any music discs (13 & cat); these 3 are mentioned on the wiki page if I remember correctly.
    Though, the 5 experience multiplier rate heavily outweighs other aspects; I miss the lower fishing level where you can reliably get all fish though but then experience rate makes it worth in the end.

#6 rNin, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  7. Thederpymaster

Thederpymaster Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Was it all normal fishing? or did you also use a fishing machine to do it too?

8. jmichael214

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    I think it was normal fishing. It was in a pool of water I built, nothing more complicated than that.

9. rNin

rNin Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +84
    Bit late but because it's about fishing, I'd like to add little more info on how late game fishing is like:

[​IMG]

• Calculated the value, it is about just under $10k at an hour of a fishing session
    • As shown in this picture, the inventory is clogged quite fast with the number of saddles and diamond tools
    • Also to add that things like dirt, sand, iron nugget, gold nugget does get outpriced by a cod so that somehow cuts your income and also clogs your inventory
    • Things like diamonds, emeralds, and name tags is quite a valuable loot; though diamonds still get outvalued by a pufferfish and diamond is a lot rarer in comparison, diamond drops in fishing is mostly an eye candy
    • Oh, and that enchanted axe has following enchants: Bane of Arthropods 2, Efficiency 2, and Sharpness 2; which is quite decent, considering it has Efficiency 2 which can be sold to builders for a good kick start for pumpkin farming

10. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    Use a simple rod to level up by shaking.. I made it to level 100 in about 2-3 hours. Plan on doing that until higher levels then maybe try a star rod..