Denied [SkyBlock Server Suggestion] Rework of Top 3 Prestige

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Red_Pandaz_13, Sep 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red_Pandaz_13

Red_Pandaz_13 Hippie Panda
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +161
    In Game Name:
    Red_Pandaz_13
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    SkyBlock Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Rework of Top 3 Prestige
    What are you suggesting:
    I know that Skyblock is being re-worked after this season, but I suggesting looking at how the top 3 prestige is. Since the seasons are so long, I feel as though only giving prestige to top 3 makes it too hard - especially since to even get top 3 you basically have to buy it. Even with SkyGod it is very hard to get levels without paying other players for them or buying more features from the shop. I would suggest maybe something like top 5 (or top 10 depending on how many people actually want to play). Even if top 3 remains only top 3, I think some change in how it works is needed. It is very discouraging to be told over and over not to bother playing skyblock because the only way to win is to pay someone else for the levels. Even VMR rewards something for top 10 and it is only a week long.

Short suggestion: make getting top 3 prestige actually obtainable for people who want to do it for themselves and not have to buy levels off other players. What is the point in getting an achievement medal if you don't actually achieve it and just pay someone else for it?
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I think it would encourage more people to play skyblock. I am enjoying playing it, but constantly being told or feeling like I am wasting a massive amount of my time takes a lot of the joy out of it.
    Other information:
    n/a
    Plugin or custom addition:
    n/a
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. o0SchnetzleR0o

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +59
    you dont need any features to get a possible highscore, just a tough setup. like all prestige those are endgame archivements. if you cant beat it alone maybe get a team together, but giving more then 3 topscore prestiges out per season is a clear "no" from me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Potato Potato x 2
    • List
  3. RealRichNixon

RealRichNixon Pres. Richard Nixon by day, GameAdmin by night.
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +454

A mythic sword isn't meant to be easy to obtain.
    EcoLegend isn't meant to be easy to obtain.
    A double chest of emerald and diamond blocks and netherstars, $15,000,000, 14 magic tools, 14 skulls, and 50 eggs aren't meant to be easy to obtain.
    25,000 Skyblock island levels in 30 days isn't meant to be easy to obtain.
    Finding 10 of just about every single item in Minecraft isn't meant to be easy to obtain.
    10 weeks of winning VMR isn't meant to be easy to obtain.

Prestiges aren't meant to be easy to obtain.

Just because some users perform extraordinarily well doesn't mean they should be penalized; on the contrary, we reward them with a prestige for finishing in the top three of island levels. If you can't keep up with them, then there are prestiges available by other means; namely, through earning levels by a certain amount of time.

There are more than 10 prestiges, so if you want to get to the maximum prestige level without getting that one Skyblock one, it's doable.

Similarly, we can't just nerf certain users like o0SchnetzleR0o, tanger91, and Imabankthing and tell them to not play Skyblock the way they want to because they make prestiging too hard.

4. Red_Pandaz_13

Ratings:
    +161
    I would argue that you do need at least features or a lot of money to get a good setup. And in my opinion skyblock shouldn't be "end-game." If the seasons run for a few months, then starting at the beginning of the season should be enough to do at least decently regardless of how much money or time you have on main.

5. Red_Pandaz_13

Ratings:
    +161
    I don't want them to be easy to obtain, but I also don't think one area of the game should be able to be fully controlled by a few users (and nothing against those users, if they enjoy playing skyblock and are good at it then I don't want them to stop playing). I am just simply saying, if they were too easy, it wouldn't be an achievement, but I think it should be obtainable for more than a select few. I understand where you are coming from, and I hope you can understand my perspective as well.

Also, you mention "just because they make prestiging too hard." And that is exactly my point. If it is too hard for users to obtain, it should be at least discussed or looked at. ECC is for everyone.

6. Ishanv

Ishanv King of Trivia Ex-SuperMod
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +176
    Prestiging is meant to be an endgame thing, its not supposed to be “meant for everyone” in ECC. If you want a prestige, you either have to grind your ass off to get it or pay out of your pocket. I don’t see any way that an implementation would work because it would either undermine the efforts of users who have invested hundreds if not thousands of hours into prestiges by making them easier to obtain, or it would make this prestige so easy that everyone could get it.

7. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,353
    +1

I honestly feel at the time when Top 3 Islands was created, we were looking to make a new, diverse prestige & get more people to play skyblock (as well as remain playing after they prestige for the season). If it wasn't a prestige that is required to get max prestige, then I would say it is fine, but because you need to get it to get to Prestige X, that's where the issue is.

I honestly think all SB prestiges need to be reevaluted when it is revamped. We currently have 3 prestiges for island levels and 1 for Top 3; literally SB has more prestiges than Main does, but I digress.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. romper83273

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +91
    i think it should stay top 3 but only if your islands are above 75k levels

9. SirSpuzzy

SirSpuzzy Wandering Shulker Salesman
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +242
    Prestiges are meant to be hard; as for paying people for it, hardcore economy server so its kind of in the name
    if anything make them harder

10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    We likely will not be revamping this, and will be leaving it to the top 3 based on the discussion above.
    Further more, at this time due to the SkyBlock update / revamp, we are not taking any suggestions.
    Feel free to make some once we finish and launch.

#10 andrewkm, Sep 29, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.