[SkyBlock Server Suggestion] Crop Hopper

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by blgordonz, Sep 5, 2024.

1. blgordonz

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +183
    In Game Name:
    Blgordonz
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    SkyBlock Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Crop Hopper
    What are you suggesting:
    The addition of crop / chunk hoppers into the game.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    For Skyblock this would allow for larger auto farm builds, by eliminating the need for building outdated water collection systems. While water collectors are fun to build they take up a significant amount of space.
    Other information:
    This could be purchased with in game money ideally. Could always add to some of the existing kits also.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Numerous different ones exist.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. o0SchnetzleR0o

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +59
    -1 i believe hopper limitations been given not only because of lag issues also as a limitation of the size from farms, with chunk/crop hoppers you would be able to just collecting a complete layer from an island means you could in basic build a massive mob death drop farm in that size

i mena i would use it but dont complain about the lag

#2 o0SchnetzleR0o, Sep 5, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2024
  3. blgordonz

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +183
    I should have been more clear, I don’t mean hoppers for mobs. Only crops. Hoppers in general do not cause anywhere near the lag they use to.

4. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,324
    -1 I'm actually more against hoppers in general than I am for them. I think the way they are now works fine, esp because hoppers still cause some lag in 1.21

5. blgordonz

Ratings:
    +183
    Crop hoppers cause less lag than regular hoppers. With a crop hopper you need 1 per chunk, if set up to collect at growth then pistons, observers, etc are no longer needed, a water transport system is no longer needed either. If set to collect at break then those items are needed. Regardless of how you feel about hoppers the limit is 800 and for those of us that set up massive islands the limit is easy to hit.

6. o0SchnetzleR0o

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +59
    thats the purpose to limit that you cant make easy a complete island sized collecting system, but yea i would use it if it comes to that
    still i stay to the -1
    there is alot reasons why