SkyBlock Chests Broken Upon Version Hopping

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by FwgKing, Jan 4, 2020.

1. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    Minecraft Username: FwgKing

Brief Description: Chests immediately beside each-other are broken upon version hopping.

Instructions: Load up 1.12.2 and be on skyblock, (I have 2 beacons neaby with haste on if it helps replicate), place 2 chests to make a dchest. Load up 1.13.2 and then place a single chest right infront / behind the dchest previously placed (may take several attempts), then shift click on the single chest to make it a dchest making sure it is still behind / infront of the other dchest. Have replicated this many times with a few different outcomes each time. Sometimes on opening it opens up a crafting table or a beacon menu as shown in video depending on the version used on opening. Opening on 1.14.4 yields the beacon and crafting table, opening on 1.12.2 / 1.13.2 yields the messed up chest windows, 1.15.1 shows the same results of 1.14.4 but with no crafting bench menu.

How many times did you recreate this?: ~12 times, with various users confirming the results and saying the versions they were using.

Result: Chest menus are broken / show beacons / crafting tables upon replicating the steps provided with the listed versions.

Expected Result: Chests to be shown as dchests and nothing more or less.

Evidence:
    On version 1.12.2[​IMG]
    on version 1.13.2
    [​IMG]
    on version 1.14.4
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have a video recorded of the steps taken if more proof is needed to be shown on how to replicate, etc, but can only provide through pm since contains sensitive information.

#1 FwgKing, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Absolutely nothing can be done on my end about this.
    The most I can do is report this to the ViaVersion (the plugin allowing new clients to connect to old versions) developers.

I recommend just using 1.15.1 network wide to be honest.
    Version hopping on SkyBlock will always have issues that are completely out of my control.
    Only fix is update SkyBlock server, and that is likely to not happen anytime soon.

Do provide a video however, it may assist with the report :)

3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    @FwgKing also, please re-write your entire report to not mention ANYTHING specific to ECC, such as SkyBlock, etc.
    This way, when I send off the report, it will be proper and not oriented around our environment, which will yield a much higher probability of a fix.

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    @FwgKing please ping me when you re-submit fresh information.

5. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    @andrewkm

Oddly enough was just recording a video for the updated report and using the exact methods I had done from the instructions above, but it's not occurring anymore.

I'll continue to keep an eye out but seems to no longer be a bug for whatever reason.

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    @FwgKing interesting.
    Perhaps a recent update fixed it.

Let me know if you continue to experience the issue.