Denied [SG Server Suggestion] 2-Month Season

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by killrdarknes, Feb 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killrdarknes

killrdarknes The Final Act
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $93,445
    Ratings:
    +1,178
    In Game Name:
    killrdarknes
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    SG Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    2-Month Season
    What are you suggesting:
    I’m suggesting the SG seasons be shortened to two months each, rather than 4.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I think this would encourage more players to play more often, other than random new users. Currently, it’s nearly impossible to get a game going, without basically bribing new users. Once a user gets a certain amount of wins ahead of others and the new season hype dies, no one wants to invest the time into grinding for months and months. If the seasons were shorter, the new season hype would boost player counts, and seasoned vets of ECC would have more of an incentive to play SG as it would be somewhat easier to get prestige.
    Other information:
    Na
    Plugin or custom addition:
    NA
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Is this just to ensure you get the prestige before anyone overtakes you or because you're too impatient and want the prestige increase right now?

Tbh I don't think reducing it to 2 seasons will help at all random users aren't even aware of SG let alone the seasons on SG. The fact of the matter is there's a stigma that is lingering on the server with the view of SG as a bad thing. When people mention it people are like "no one cares" and "it's rubbish" and yes they can voice their opinion, but how on earth is that kind of nonsense supposed to entice new random players to join.

Once you do get the prestige on SG you can't get it again so eventually the "vets" will see no point in SG other than the money and leave.

ECC survival games needs drastic reform in order to get more players. Give it an identity some players join and nobody mentions sg and its no where at spawn so many players don't even know it exists.

2 months is still a long time as well players will easily still be bored. Just my opinion.

• Potato Potato x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. killrdarknes

ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $93,445
    Ratings:
    +1,178
    I figured that'd be the first criticism of the suggestion. No, I don't mind waiting; quite frankly, I really don't care about the prestige, although being high on the leader boards does feel good. I just like playing SG, getting value for my kits, and making $$$ while winning games. Prestige is just a nice benefit that comes along with it. After all, the main benefit of prestige, a /sell hand multiplier, can be utilized by everyone

Less so about random users that don't care about prestige/don't know; it's more about getting established, consistently playing users engaged in Survival Games, which has been a difficulty basically since SG launched. Once the initial hype of the return died down, no one cared. By making the seasons shorter, I hope that regular users (ones who know of the benefits of prestige) are more inspired to play, as prestige will be more competitive/faster to get.

Yeah, I agree this is the real issue. Only problem is I doubt andrew's going to want to invest time to revitalize SG, got a lot more pertinent things on his plate. My suggestion is a possible patch to an open wound; it's not going to fix anything permanently, but it'd be nice to have a few more games every once in a while I guess.

4. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,356
    +1 even though I don’t play sg anymore, there are a bunch of people who state they don’t want to play because they join too late into the season

5. WeirdBuilder

WeirdBuilder Former StrangeAdmin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,055
    A 2 month season seems a little too short, but I would love to see a 3 month season as opposed to our current 4 months. Four months feels extremely long, and while it makes sense for SkyBlock given the nature of progression there, it's a bit much for a relatively static game mode. A fair argument is that more people prestiging equates to fewer long-term SG players, but I'd say that most people only go there to prestige even now, and will eventually abandon the mode after achieving prestige. If you wanted to counteract that effect, then either add cash, coupon, or GodKey prizes in addition to the prestige (though that's another suggestion altogether).

The only issue I could see here is the fact that it'll take a little more work on the Administrative team's part, as the resets would fall out of alignment with SkyBlock reset schedule (which I'm sure are more convenient to do simultaneously, though I don't know what the reset process is like).

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #5 WeirdBuilder, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  6. killrdarknes

EcoDollars:
    $93,445
    Ratings:
    +1,178
    Yeah, that was the only reason I suggested a 2-month cycle; that way, every other SG reset still aligns with SkyBlock. Honestly 3 months would be fine too.

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,113
    I will be re-doing the SG prestige sometime in the coming future.
    For now, this season will stay as it is.

This needs some discussion between me and the SA+ team.
    Going to mark denied as I won't be changing it now, however we are definitely going to be doing something different with SG after this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.