Denied Remove the EXP exchange at the Starshop

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by subxplorer, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subxplorer

subxplorer Mayor for Life
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +161
    Minecraft Name:
    subxplorer

Suggestion:
    Remove the EXP to Nstar Exchange from the Starshop

Reason:
    This will allow the market to continue to operate freely by not limiting the prices on EXP and Nstars and will prevent Nstars and Startools from being easily obtained.

Other Information:
    With the new EXP exchange that was recently added Nstar and EXP prices have effectively been capped limiting the Economy. I have played on this server for years and have owned a market shop for many of those years and know the significance of Nstars and EXP to the economy. Now Nstar prices and EXP prices are directly linked. This makes it much harder for shops in the market to compete as we are basically all tied to the new starshop exchange rate. As an example I just had to raise my shops EXP buy price significantly in an effort to match my Nstar buy price in order to match the exhchange rate that has been set in the starshop. In today's political arena this would be seen as government control interrupting free enterprise.
    Nstars are now much easier to obtain as before one could only get them from voting. Now if the EXP supply goes up EXP prices will drop and so will Nstar prices. Nstars are key to the economy and are supposed to be difficult to obtain. Startools will now be easier to get especially as now someone could buy a bunch of EXP from the ECC shop and then exchange them for Nstars at the starshop basically allowing people to buy Startools with IRL money.

Also I do not understand why a Star Elytra and and Star Rocket that are only purchasable with EXP were added to the starshop if the plan was to set up an EXP for Nstars exchange? In my opinion this decision was not well thought out and I think it would be in the best interest of the economy to remove the EXP exchange.

However, if the administration is planning to add more items that can be purchased with EXP in order to keep the EXP price high it is possible that the current exchange may work, but it does not change the fact that Nstars and EXP prices are now directly linked. Also keep in mind that since EXP is now purchasable through the ECC shop EXP prices are now limited. I appreciate your feedback and thoughts, and please keep it civil.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #1 subxplorer, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  2. rh2wilson

rh2wilson Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +91
    I'm relatively new to the server (~6 months), so I may be a bit naive, but here's my point of view...

I believe the nstar and exp prices have always been linked. In theory, there was free market and buyers were able to "shop around" to get the prices they wanted for nstars and exp. However, in my experience, the reality was this - If a free-market seller offered a product at a reasonable price, they were immediately out-of-stock and the neighboring shops (with somewhat less reasonable prices) would suddenly have a run on stock. Coincidence? I don't think so. So to translate, those on the server with the most money were hoarding products and controlling the prices - the rich get richer!

The new system, where there is server-controlled (government?) exp to nstar exchange rate, puts a cap on the profit that can be made at the expense of fellow players. The price is not fixed, and can be adjusted from time to time to stimulate the economy (like irl interest rates), but it protects players from out-of-control inflation - influenced by the "haves" at the expense of the "have-nots".

My two cents anyway,

RH2

3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    Making suggestions speculating a new change immediately after it was made won't make us revert it. It will almost always be denied until at least a month or more has gone by so valid points based on recent events with evidence and accumulated data can be brought forth. We want to test the waters with this and see what happens.

I absolutely welcome you to remake the suggestion in 1-3 months time though.

On a side note: literally no one has bought EXP from the shop yet.

PS: I like your suggestion on adding new star and exp items, this WILL happen :).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #3 andrewkm, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.