Denied Remove the block shop from the server.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mcguy65, May 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +631
    Minecraft Name: Mcguy65

Suggestion: Remove the block shop from the server.

Reason: The only thing we really need is the star shop, I think everything else is not really needed, it would be cool to have a full economy actually ran by players, of course with the acception of the star shop because we cant actually get those items. Everything else players can get on their own/buy from other people. Keeping the money in the economy and flowing. Even though mybe the server shops are more expensive but people will still buy.
    Mybe this is a complete shit idea. who knows.
    post your thoughts below, curious what you guys think about this.

Any Other Information: none

Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?:none

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. oootopia

oootopia Utopian
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,954
    What if everything in the block shop was just made a lot more expensive? That would stimulate the player to player market for a lot of items but wouldn't totally remove the convenience of always being able to get something you need, you'd just have to pay a premium price. So people would buy out the player run market first.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,288
    I agree with this much more than removing the server shops completely. There are many items in the shop that are not readily available in the player market and would not be fair for players wishing to compete in server build events.

4. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $18,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,860
    That summarizes my opinion. From personal experience I can say that glowstone is a commonly used, yet often sold out resource. Whenever I need ~10 stacks or more the shops are usually already sold out (which for some reason includes shops that are more expensive than /warp blockshop). The same applies to colored wool (and especially white wool).

5. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Don't remove it entirely. Just leave the cheap 5-10 cent blocks in there. A while ago I needed to purchase a copious amount of dirt (like 300k dirt), and I scoured the whole server, advertised in trade, and I still only managed to purchase about 50k dirt. And gathering it is a soulless endeavor, so I ended up buying it from the server.
    Now, this is a bit of an extreme example, but these blocks are in such low demand, and they are practically worthless, that nobody is really stocking them up. So if you do need large amounts of it, you're shit out of luck.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I agree with what's above - in most cases we only need to make the prices non-competitive. Glowstone from the block shop roughly matches its market price so there is no incentive to stock it in a shop. Dirt is the same way.

However there are two big cases where the server shop shouldn't be altered. The first is the colorshop, simply because large scale production of colored blocks is nearly impossible. The second is blocks that would otherwise be difficult to obtain en masse, like packed ice.

7. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +631
    Thank you guys for your feed back!
    I like those ideas as well, Just mainly to get players to go to the player market first, I've heard players in the past just go straight to the block shop because its not that much more. And they rather spend the extra couple of bucks to just buy it instead of hunt through the player market.

8. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    There's virtually no player market for cheap materials like dirt and stone that players like to buy in bulk. Plus retreating from a server block and item shop would incentivize every player market shop to become an "everything store" - the markets for each item would be way more competitive which is great, but it would reduce shop specialization and create a ton of lag from the metric shit ton of new trade signs.

Based off my experience, people pretty much only buy the base goods at the block shops because they're the cheapest and you can stock up easier from there. Expensive items like quartz or ores already have a competitive player market so I don't see any reason to change that.

9. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    -1000 i use the shop all the time because the market currently sucks.

10. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Because they're so cheap it isn't worth the time it would take to compete with them

11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Nope. The shop stays as it always has and always will. Nice try though :p

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #11 andrewkm, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.