Denied Remove the ability to break vines in SG.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Conorx, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conorx

Conorx Its well and truly Big Boy Season
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +293
    Minecraft Name:
    Conorx.
    Suggestion:
    Remove the ability to break vines in SG.
    Reason:
    Players abuse this on SG 3 to constantly camp in areas of which you can not get them, if they break the vines.
    Any Other Information:
    I've literally sat in a 3 player SG game for 45 minutes due to this, it simply is not fair.
    Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?:
    N/A

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. purplelegoender

purplelegoender [⚜EcoLegend⚜][⚜Philosopher⚜][⚜RogueDivision⚜]
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,062
    I agree with this suggestion, its a pain to end Survival Games matches because players are abusing certain things such as breaking the vines/leaves or anything else in SG if they are allowed to break these items then everything should be aloud to be broken or changed in SG. This just doesn't happen in SG 3, this happens in SG 1, and SG 2 as well and its annoying it holds the matches up because players are just afking up on a mountain not allowing the match to continue.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  3. Reincarnated_

Reincarnated_ Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,333
    Its not abusing, it's an aspect of the game.

I personally think this is fine. Just because it avoids you from winning doesn't mean we should just remove it. it's an aspect of sg and there's no point in removing it.

4. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    No.

5. FuryFudge

FuryFudge IDK ask Fury
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,324
    There is a rule against this on the wiki:
    • Any action that disrupts the flow of SG matches will result in a kick from the game. This includes, but is not limited to:
      • Being afk in such a way that the game cannot end
      • Exploiting glitches in such a manner that it ruins the game for other players.

So I would suggest just telling a staff member online and asking them to either tell the person to get on with the SG or kick them.

6. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    I have asked several staff members about this myself and they said they will not do it as its not against the rules and I've explained this though staff do not listen apparently some rules are just made up to prevent the actual rules from taking in place.

7. FuryFudge

FuryFudge IDK ask Fury
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,324
    Weird. When I was on staff I was told to enforce this, and I think that staff should do something about it.

• List
  8. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    More like most people haven't actually ever read the rules. It's pretty big.
    Yes, that's right. There are staffmembers who don't know all of the rules. While understandable, it's not really a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    #8 kukelekuuk, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  9. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    A lot has changed so I'm not sure. Either the wiki is wrong or staff does not wish to enforce this rule and I find it quite bothering that this isn't enforced because it holds up Games. When I first joined ECC I played SG and when I would go into the water with Elemental Awareness and would run around in the water for like five minutes or so I would get kicked for holding up Survival Games matches.

This however, is different this is just like going afk. This suggestion is based off of a few groups who like to *Afk Camp* on certain spots in SG breaking the vines to a certain point to where I or a few other users cannot get to them. I know Jamie will most likely say that if you don't want this to happen then don't join that match with them in it or kill them before they get their. I also find that statement kind of ridiculous because their are more than one person doing this as well as they go to these certain spots off the base of spawn or as soon as the game begins and its annoying, one should not need to worry about having to kill someone before they reach a certain destination. This isn't a game called chase down a user and kill them before they reach a certain spot.

Its not Survival Games when this happens and if this isn't allowed, at least allow us to break more blocks so that we can get to these users or be able get vines in the chests or maybe even allow us to have shears in a chest so we can break other vines and place them to get to these users.

#9 purplelegoender, Nov 22, 2016
  10. stoler202

stoler202 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    I must agree.

11. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    It does depend if it is classed as a glitch is it not?
    If its not a glitch, then surely its not against the rules? It may ruin the game for some, but not for others. I personally dont know if its a glitch as i did not design Survival Games on EcoCityCraft.

Have i read the rules. yes.

Im not in favour or against the suggestion, I personally would find it annoying if someone constantly broke vines to gain a advantage. But I also find kits to have that same annoyance. I just thought id put my two cents in about staff members 'not doing their job right' :)

+/- 1

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #11 Mission001, Nov 22, 2016
  12. Conorx

Ratings:
    +293
    My point was not that it was a glitch, rather that it was an issue that was preventing people from completing the games.

13. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    The problem with breaking vines is that you could make certain areas inaccessible. You could literally wait until the other person ragequits. And that's why that rule quoted above exists, to prevent situations that cause a game to go until someone gives up.

14. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    I completely agree with this, the problem apparently is enforcing this.

15. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    There is elytras now basically any place is the reason why you did this complaint is because we hide up the mountain if u got up high enough you would find there is a way up. Also you can say camping cant be allowed its a strategy without it people who aren't good at sg would have no chance if u want this to be enforced nobody would want to play sg with you stupid suggestion. -1

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  16. Conorx

Ratings:
    +293
    You are one of the players who abuse this -- you cannot gain height with elytras really, meaning on the mountain we are still unable to reach you. Please do not call my suggestion 'stupid', i think its quite childish and unnecessary. Players who aren't as good as SG, shouldn't be allowed to hide to prevent others from winning its literally counter productive to the whole reason the majority of players play SG. Furthermore, your little stunt really is embarrassing, considering you always leave the game when its kits, due to hunter. Please don't comment again unless you have something productive to say, rather than calling my suggestions 'Stupid'.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  17. Reincarnated_

Reincarnated_ Builder

Ratings:
    +1,333
    First of, don't slander, please. Second of all, this is a suggestion. You should expect to hear people's opinions on your suggestion. Don't make a suggestion and criticise any opinions against it.

18. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    Anyways, to all three here. Their is no exact way to get up on to that mountain or to any of the spots that these users are attempting to hide in. Trust me I have tried I have searched, with the vines broken their is no literal way to reach a certain spot and this can go for all four of the SG arenas, though SG 4 does not have any vines their are still few ways users can camp their. Just because their are elytra's does not mean that the mountain spot can be reached, and it cannot be as I have tried many times and have failed most of those times attempting to do so.

It is ridiculous how the vines are allowed to be broken same goes for the leaves. This is annoying, though it may be considered strategic I do not see it as that. In reality their would be a way to reach someone doing this and the same should go for a game in this situation. This in my opinion is what is causing so much frustration with users in Survival Games, they kill more than half the users in the arena only to see a bunch of other users retreating to a huge mountain that they wont be able to get on top of once the vines are broken.

In all honesty, I support this suggestion all the way, I don't care if it is called strategic because it is not. @JamieSinn, if this isn't allowed then please provide either Shears, or vines in the Survival Games chests so that a better "Strategic" way can be taken into place so that these arenas are not held up causing so much frustration between each other. Just because someone wants to sit on top of a mountain or hide in a spot that cant be reached only to go *away from the keyboard* to do what they want while other users down below are trying to figure out how to get on top of a impossible to reach location.

#18 purplelegoender, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  19. Reincarnated_

Reincarnated_ Builder

Ratings:
    +1,333
    Vines aND shears would be abused to create leaf bases. I suport your opinion, yet disagree with it. It is strategy; the goal is to not get killed.

20. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    The goal is to fight and be able to survive doing so, not hide in a certain spot and go "Away from Keyboard" the entire time and not fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.