Denied Remove /repair

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by EraNow, Jan 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EraNow

EraNow President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,311
    I know it won't happen, but it should.

/repair should never have been introduced in the first place, but it was. /repair has altered the natural balance of Minecraft and is what has lead to such an over supply of Diamonds and XP.

I think removing it now would bring back the dynamic of managing tools, rather than just asking in trade for an erep. That being said, it's very ingrained in our server and I know most people won't look favorably upon this kind of change, especially with star tools.

-- although, having NStars serve as a repair gem for star tools would be interesting.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. zevzero

zevzero Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,847
    it would be necessary, or else million-dollar star tools would be worthless if they broke after making 20k

3. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +631
    Just add repair gems. And make them eyes of ender.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #3 Mcguy65, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  4. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Actually, not really. Since EXP is not primarily used for repairs too much with /repair, it has been used to buy more expensive items such as nstars, star elytras and rockets, and certain spawn eggs (not to mention turned into a different sort of currency). In a way, exp is still in high demand (seeing as how literally every spawn shop buys it).

5. KingCharlie9

KingCharlie9 EcoPremiumPrestigeLegendTycomaster
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +526
    /repair maybe since no one uses it (not many people use it)

/erepair (or what ever erep is) should definitely be kept. I can bet my life it wont be removed as long as star tools are around

6. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    So I’m seeing “let’s make anvils free for everyone” k cool, then I’m seeing “let’s make tp free for everyone” alright sounds fair, now I’m seeing this... when will it end

7. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Except it shouldn't.

While you can make an argument that it affects the economy (and I agree), removing it at this point would hurt the server far more. With no reliable way to repair tools, star tools are done. Not useful. Most methods of making money are suddenly unhelpful and tens, if not hundreds of millions of ECD in investment is suddenly worthless.

So with mining, woodcutting, some farming no longer viable methods of making money, what takes over? SG would certainly benefit, as would the end, since neither require tools (sure, elytra I guess in the end, but realistically those will last ages and I think most will simply do without).

As far as the market goes, EXP prices would suddenly skyrocket as people try to adjust to the fact that enchanted tools have limited uses. Prior work penalties would make repairs after the first couple very expensive. Diamonds would see an initial boost, but level out without a significant increase in price as people realize that a very high number of tools currently exist on the server, as do a large number of diamonds.

Simultaneously, money is harder to get. Poorer players will either be forced to switch their means of production when their tools run out or be hit by expensive maintenance costs. Wealthier players are less likely to be using tools as a main source of income and their ability to gain money won't be impacted. Very wealthy players who have large reserves of the items mentioned above even stand to make quite a bit of money from the changes in the market.

So if people are making less money, we can just raise /sell prices, right? Well... for farming and fishing, maybe, potentially. Mining? Not really. As mentioned above, large reserves exist of any mining block and increases to those would once again mainly benefit the wealthiest.

The problem with the transition is simply that the people who will immediately benefit in the short term also don't see any detriment in the long term. In my opinion at least, this would simply serve to making the beginning of ECC far more difficult to new players and create a large wealth gap between people who had large amounts of cash before the change and after. Making it harder to start out on ECC is not what we need.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
    #7 Nicit6, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.