Problems with In-game mail system.

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by kimino815, Sep 16, 2020.

1. kimino815

kimino815 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +3
    Hello I would like to report a bug with the In-game mail as I was recently evicted from a town, the player had sent me and @Tink21 a mail in game and I've not got it. I did how ever ask for proof that @Roldert had sent me this message and he showed it to me. The first time of me seeing this.
    @Tink21 also had not got the message that was sent about the town as well. This may be a minor problem for some players on the sever or it may be a big problem that mail isn't getting to them. So that if this is fixed it will prevent the lose of someones house in a town or even losing there town.
    Thank you
    Hope this gets fixed very soon!.

2. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Hey, Are you doing /email read (As the system has updated from /mail to /email)

3. kimino815

kimino815 President

Ratings:
    +3
    hi yes I've just tried this /email and it works for me. But it does't show the last mail that was sent to me recently.
    Was this updated in the last few weeks. If so this may have caused my mail to have wondered off else where.
    Thanks for the advice.

4. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,473
    If I recall eviction notices should be sent via /email right now, new mail system isn't quite perfect yet.

[​IMG]

I sent myself a test mail with /email send ClarinetPhoenix test, and this doesn't show when I do /email, that gives me the syntax for the command
    It does show when I do /email read, but I have to be on the same server the mail was sent to me on.

/email is for the old intra(server specific) mail system.
    /mail is for the new cross-server mail.

I didn't keep the old mail commands on the wiki because I figured we would make a full changeover quite quickly.
    For now I have added the email commands into the Server Commands wiki so they are there for players reference.
    https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/wiki/server-commands/?noRedirect=1

5. kimino815

kimino815 President

Ratings:
    +3
    @ClarinetPhoenix awesome I shall look at those wiki commands and update myself on those :)

6. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +354
    So /mail send (name) still gives a success message but doesn't work?

7. Buadthan

Buadthan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +13
    I can't speak to messages I've sent out as they weren't something that needed a reply, so I can't say for sure if they got it or not.

I did receive a mail from someone though, and it was gone within a day. So it seems like, at least in my case, they do go through, but are disappearing quickly for some reason.

8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    /mail is our main mail system.
    /email is the command for our old mail system that is being completely phased out and deleted soon.

You should always be using /mail.
    If you have any exact bugs with /mail please let us know via a new thread.

PS: I'm currently in the process of testing the cleanup on the mail system.
    The cleanup is set to 365 days, but I wonder if it's somehow broken. We'll know soon. :)
    Would help if you guys helped test this as well and see how long it takes for your mails to disappear.

#8 andrewkm, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  9. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Bit of a unrelated question bu will Archive mail be deleted too?
    I have been told it shouldn't be deleted but if it is going to be id like a bit of time to get my mail on screenshots

10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    The old mail system has now been removed network wide. I have PM'ed you your old mail.