Owners of Towns Being MIA for Months

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KingWikiWiki, Apr 22, 2014.

1. KingWikiWiki

KingWikiWiki Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    Hello fellow players, I have been a member of the community for over a year now and have donated and am mayor. When I first started playing I joined various small towns and did odd jobs to earn money. Then, one guy by the name of Thirdkid7269 (some of you may remember him), started teaching me the money making tricks and gave me a huge house in his town of Shroomtopia. We were friends for months along with other owners and members of the town. I stopped playing Minecraft for a few months but have decided to play once again. I have a town linking to this original town (there are about 6 others like this) and I am part owner of Shroomtopia. Thirdkid and the other owners have not been active for about 3-4 months now. The town just sits there inactive with nothing happening and a HUGE value just sitting there. The only other active co owner is iOrbit. I was wondering if there was a chance that the full ownership would be able to shift hands to us two. I do not believe the other owners will be active anytime in the near future. I would like to hear staff''s opinions and also Orbits!

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Wiki

2. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    As far as I know there are only two ways a player can receive full ownership and mayoral powers of a town from another user: 1.) if the user is inactive over 6 months a tycoon+ may claim it, or 2.) you may file a town transfer application which costs 250k and requires the original owner, Thirdkid, to come on the forums and agree to the transfer. Seeing as how you are only a mayor, iOrbit is only a president, and Thirdkid will likely not revisit the forums, you may be SOL on this.

3. KingWikiWiki

KingWikiWiki Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    Damn, I wasn't sure of the rules regarding that. Thanks though!

4. xHarambae

xHarambae President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +549
    I would like to point out, there's anothervowner of the town too. His name is @theman12143, who is more active than iOrbit. So you would have to consult with them three.

5. LordCwispy

LordCwispy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +60
    By co-owner you mean you have pretty full permissions. About the only thing you can't do is LWC Removal requests, though you might be able to do those on basically anyone except the original owner. I'd double check on that. You also may not be able to do upgrades to the town (town portal, etc.) But, you could run the town for the most part. You are probably best off just working on building your own town instead of worrying about a defunct town. Then, if you get tycoon and really care about that town, you could put a claim on it in a few more months.

6. KingWikiWiki

KingWikiWiki Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
  7. JBuks

JBuks Tycoon
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +507
    Co owners can do LWC removal requests the last I heard. This has been one of my jobs when I have been co owner of a town.

8. Maco20047

Maco20047 |-《□》-The Medievalist-《□》-|
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +576
    There's actually 3 ways I think. I know one of my towns I was able to remove the owner for 1 month inactivity (although he wasn't the original owner).

9. KingWikiWiki

KingWikiWiki Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    I just took a walk around it and its been griefed too. So I guess I have to just fix it up myself. I obviously cant remove other co owners lwcs even if they are inactive though

10. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    You can remove locks/file LWC's for everyone except the original owner as long as you give warning and they are inactive long enough. EVERYONE except the original owner.

11. OnSceneReporter

OnSceneReporter №§ℛ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +692
    As was stated earlier, the only ways to fully legally transfer full ownership are through the town transfer application and tycoon+ rank claims.

Town transfer application requires a consenting contract between the town transfer applicant (you) and the original owner (listed on the original town application).

Tycoon+ claim requires that the persons on the owner perms must be offline for at least 6 months in game and on forum. In your case of shared active owners, you would also need a consenting contract with the other co-owners/co-mayors, in order to allow you to do the tycoon+ rank claim.

As was also said earlier, you can still file lwc removal requests and grief reports. You just won't be able to remove LWC's of the listed owner on the town application. You also will not be able to add/remove/modify town features that are application based.