Accepted [Network Wide Suggestion] Stricter N-word Punishment Enforcement

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jdawger, Oct 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    In Game Name:
    Jdawger
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Stricter N-word Punishment
    What are you suggesting:
    People who drop the N-word in chat (or any other racist terms) be permamuted right away instead of a 10m mute
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Let's be honest, nobody says the n-word on accident when talking in chat. Most, if not all of the people who do say it are trying to get a reaction, stir drama, or be racist on purpose. Those people either leave to stir the drama on another server, or wait the 10m to do it again (I never seen anyone "learn their lesson" or whatever). Other servers I've seen just permamute you right away since, like I said, people don't say it on accident almost ever.
    Other information:
    To counter the potential arguments that " this will make new people leave" or "we need more people, so this will cause them to not stay," we do need more people on the server, but I rather not have racist trolls tbh.
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #1 Jdawger, Oct 24, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Edit

#2 Jdawger, Oct 24, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  3. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    What you are suggesting sounds a lot like what is already the policy. If people log in and immediately use the n-word (or any other slur at all, racial, homophobic, etc) then they get banned. Like you said, people who use it only to get a reaction have no place here on ECC, so when people join and immediately use slurs without making any attempt to play the server, then they get banned straight off the bat.

The 10 minute mute comes into play for users who do seem to be making an attempt to play and contribute to the server. Just like there are a lot of servers who immediately permamute/ban players for using slurs at all, there are some servers with more relaxed policies with regards to swearing, so if there is a user in chat so seems to be making a genuine attempt to play the server, they would likely get a 10 minute mute (with no verbal warning, this is a stricter punishment than for a "regular" disallowed swearing warning).

This way, the trolls/attention seekers get banned, while the people who slip up get kicked in the butt to show them not to say things like that, but they are still given the opportunity to play on the server if they so choose. Obviously if they come off their mute and continue using slurs then that is a whole different story.

4. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    That's how it works. You're describing things as they are. @a_man21 sums it up well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.