Denied [Network Wide Suggestion] Politics Channel

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DaytonBigT, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaytonBigT

DaytonBigT Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +22
    In Game Name:
    DaytonBigT
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Politics Channel
    What are you suggesting:
    A channel /pol that would provide a space for political discussions.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I have noticed since I have came back to ECC that almost every single day there is a political debate in global that gets sent to VIP, then VIP is filled with constant debate, sometimes just plain arguments that spam VIP. A separate channel would give these people a place to debate and voice their frustrations while not causing VIP to essentially become a spam fest of political debate. I understand that political discussions in vip are not against the rules, but I imagine I am not the only one that is tired of constantly seeing arguments about the same topics.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:
    would not need any custom additions as the systems are already in place.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    You can discuss politics in VIP, I don't see why it needs its own channel.

3. blgordon

blgordon ECC Benefactor
    ECC Benefactor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +181
    Tonight VIP channel was more like a insult match between people, it was very distasteful. Naturally political talks seem to bring out the worse in people. It would be nice to have a VIP without politics.

4. DaytonBigT

DaytonBigT Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +22
    As i stated in my original post, more and more it is going less of a "political debate" and more of a shouting match and insulting argument disguised as political debate. I'm suggesting a /pol channel so that those of us who dont want to be spammed with a daily political argument, wont be bothered by it.

5. blgordon

blgordon ECC Benefactor
    ECC Benefactor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +181
    I enjoy vip chat but the not the political insults that are being constantly thrown. I don't see the political stuff disappearing anytime soon. I've been leaving VIP channel for a few weeks to avoid it. It would be nice to get VIP channel back, to being a VIP channel and not an insult match disguised as political debate.

6. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Arguments are caused by people who don't know how to have a civil discussion. Having another channel won't stop dumb people from being dumb.
    I get the arguments are an issue, and we do and should act upon anyone being outrageously stupid and insulting. What I'm failing to see an argument for is how a whole other channel solves this issue. Politics are touchy, arguments do happen, heated debates do happen. It is the nature of it, that it is why it is allowed in VIP.
    What I'm saying is theoretically those same people causing arguments are gonna cause them in this separate politics channel.
    Also if VIP is intolerable for you at the time, you can always /ch leave vip for a bit as well.

7. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I also agree that another channel will never stop the dumb people from being dumb. Tired of political arguments in there, simply start discussing religion, or even better, just say the word "gender" :roflmao:
    Talk about a whole new level of dumb :p

8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    /ch vip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.