Denied [Network Wide Suggestion] Only Troll Ban Consistent Trolls

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Natelev, Aug 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $2,182,393
    Ratings:
    +290
    In Game Name:
    Natelev
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Only Troll Ban Consistent Trolls
    What are you suggesting:
    My suggestion is to only give troll bans to players with a previous history.
    This history could include past bans, mutes, warns by staff or just a general history of trolling people and a lack of consideration for the community.
    Basically, a troll ban should only come after the player has already had time to improve, and has consistently ignored warnings from staff or other players.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Appealing a troll ban is a very humiliating process to go through, so it should be reserved for people who definitely deserve it.
    Some people might troll as a one off for reasons we might not understand, such as irl issues. I would argue that no one deserves a troll ban and having to go through a cake appeal because of a single "bad day".
    The cake appeal is really funny, and some people definitely deserve it.
    But let's save it for consistent trolls who have refused to listen to people asking them to change.
    Other information:
    Yes this suggestion is in response to MinecraftFrame's recent troll ban.
    No, I'm not saying that they definitely didn't deserve a troll ban.
    What I'm saying is that we don't know whether or not they deserve a troll ban. Their trolling consisted of a handful of incidents which took place over one day.
    Maybe they are a massive troll, and they got an early ban to prevent any further harm to the community.
    Or maybe they were just having a bad day, and after a few days to cool off they'd never troll again.
    There's no way to tell which is the case.

That's my point - you can't tell whether someone really deserves a troll ban or not unless they have a long term pattern of trolling, and consistently ignore warnings to change.
    Let's not force people who might have just had a bad day to go through this extremely humiliating process.

ECC has always been about giving people second chances. When troll bans and cake appeals were introduced, they were meant for a special type of person who consistently abused their "second chances" and posted appeal after appeal, all while refusing to change at all.

It's completely possible that this player deserved a mute or a ban, but this ban doesn't fit the spirit of what troll bans are meant to be for.
    Here's the (unsuccessful) ban appeal if anyone's interested:
    https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/ban-appeal-minecraftframe.187702/
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Custom Addition
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #1 Natelev, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  2. Budkiss

Budkiss Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +35
    If you have a problem with someone and how they act why not file a complaint?

3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    You may want to reread the suggestion

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,104
    The only person who can issue “Troll” bans is myself. No other staff member is allowed to issue a ban with the word “Troll” unless they were directly asked to by me.

Unfortunately I’m not interested in anyone’s options and thoughts regarding wether they were or were not justified.

Don’t be a mocking asshole and douchebag on ECC, it’s simple, and if you are, at least have the common sense to do it in a way that either (a.) I don’t see, or (b.) it doesn’t get under my skin in such a way that I literally do not want to provide you with gaming services on EcoCityCraft ever again.

TL;DR - These suggestions are beyond useless. Ever since 2011. You’re welcome to run a Minecraft server of your own however and implement a brand new splendid banning philosophy. When it works for over 10 years, do come back and re-suggest how I should or shouldn’t be banning certain individuals who hands down outright mock, shit on, and put down dozens of hours of work and dedication to this community.

PS: Now excuse me as I go punch a cop in the face and ask society for forgiveness due my one off bad day.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #4 andrewkm, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.