Acknowledged [Network Wide Suggestion] More SA's

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gowther32, Jan 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gowther32

Gowther32 Goat Sin of Lust
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    In Game Name:
    Gowther32
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    More SA's
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting, pending promotion/staff hiring cycles, that more emphasis is put towards manning the Server Admin position and that the position is filled as much as our current manning for Game Admin.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    As amazingly skilled as our one and only Server Admin is currently, humans eat, sleep, and work (for the most part). The responsibilities and importance of the SA role as it pertains to ECC is paramount to keeping the server running smoothly. While having only one SA may be sustainable it can and has been taken advantage of in the past by players. Having additional SA's will cover more hours, and overall will be beneficial as the workload will no longer be on just one person. Questions and requests directed towards SA's will also no longer be towards one person.
    Other information:
    Cons: Power corrupts, the responsibility, skill, and trust requirements are difficult to fill and train for the position. A solution would be that all SA's are not created equal. Train new SA's in stages and don't give all the keys to the castle at once.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I will say, we do typically have two SAs and AFAIK, this is the longest period where we had a sole SA by a long shot (for context, I’ve been on ECC for 8 years and the longest time that I remember we’ve had one SA was a month tops because one recently left).

[Restating this second part in a new repose below, but keeping the first part here]

• List
    #2 Jdawger, Jan 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  3. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    I’d be interested to know what you guys feel is lacking.
    No judgement here, if there’s something you need from me you should air it so I can address improving.

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. Unnbearable

Unnbearable Slightly Bearable
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +171
    More than one person with the ability to catch cheating afkers making money would be a benefit. Other than that, I see no reason in needing more than one SA.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. killrdarknes

killrdarknes The Final Act
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $93,445
    Ratings:
    +1,169
    Hmm. I’ll throw in my 2 cents here, being objective as possible while also acknowledging my biases (having worked with Clar for quite some time, being staff, etcetc.)

On one hand, I think having a second SA could be beneficial to the server. Having two sets of eyes/ears/brains working on all of the administrative decisions is (usually) better than one, although I do contend Andrew probably works rather closely with her on important things. However, he’s pretty heavily backend, while Clar is definitely more so a “Community Manager” in some aspects, so I suppose they both have their work cut out for them- couldn’t hurt to have assistance with such things.

However, despite the precedence and benefits of having a second SA… does Clar really need one?
    Sure, having two collaborators serves as a “check” of “power”, but Clar’s an extremely fair person, who’s doing a pretty damn good job at keeping the community cohesive and having a functioning, drama-free staff team, from my side of the pond.

I guess my thoughts sum up as much:
    Having a second SA could be beneficial in terms of splitting up the workload and potentially cutting down on “biases”, but… Clar’s a rather objective and fair person, and from what I see it seems moreso whether she deems it necessary to have said help in that capacity.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  6. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    A second opinion is always helpful as no human being is ever always right, and having someone to bounce off can always be nice. 2 active SA's would be better then 1 active SA.

Jobs can be split to manage and concentrated on at a deeper level then current. More things can get done and usually in quicker time.

This doesn't mean I think you're doing a poor job either, no matter how efficient or how well someone does a job in a high position, having at least another to cooperate and work with is simply a huge benefit to the server and the community as a whole. Just pointing out thats probably the reason before that two SA's were probably appointed, and then time before that, and the time before that.

If Andrew feels comfortable with trusting another Game Admin currently to work along side clar as I assume security wise that it's very important this user can be trusted, I'm personally all for it!

+1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #6 Mission001, Jan 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  7. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I might echo what @Mission001 said a little in this response, but read his response as I 100% agree with it.

Clar, let me just say first and foremost you do an amazing job and the community absolutely loves you and how much work you put into the server. A second SA doesn’t mean you do anything wrong in my opinion. I took this suggestion as someone trying to destress you for the upcoming updates to ECC.

I personally think we should have another SA for three main reasons

1.) You have a life outside of ECC as well. No one person should need to do all the work you do for events as well as pretty much run the server in Andrew’s absences IN ADDITION to your life outside the server. You’ve been at it for years and have more than earned some relief.

2.) A second trusted person as SA can help troubleshoot major issues only an SA can handle as well as catch rule breakers etc. more. I don’t need to say any more as it will just echo what a lot of people said already.
    Plus, I know with a second SA, people can stop feeling bad for messaging you thinking they are bothering you a lot (I know I feel really bad when I message you as I feel like I am bothering you ever time I message)

3.) A second SA can help get stuff done faster. Two people doing 8 tasks each is faster than one person doing 16 tasks. I do think some things have been slower because of how much you do have to juggle as both Server Admin and Events Manager (not to mention irl stuff). For example, it took nearly a month for my brother to get unbanned because only an SA could unban him (I won’t speculate the reason why it took that long, but it did take a significantly long time). Two SAs to do SA work will help make things go even faster than they are now (and things are pretty fast with one really good SA right now). Plus, with how much work needs to be done once the 1.18 map drops that only SAs can handle, two of them should make things less stressful on you Clar.

So in summary, +1 to having a second SA. Like I said, you do an amazing job as the sole SA Clar and the server can function with just you, but for as amazing as you are, you deserve some stress and burden lifted and shared with someone else so you can enjoy doing the normal ECC stuff again as well as enjoy some more relax time

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Whether another SA is needed is a discussion Andrew and I will have if/when necessary.

However the other concerns brought up in this thread have been noted.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Unless @ClarinetPhoenix specifically asks me for help / another SA, one will not be promoted at this time.
    It is at her discretion, and I see no need for another myself personally at this time.

TL;DR it's 100% up to Clare.

#9 andrewkm, Mar 7, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.