Accepted [Network Wide Suggestion] [Mcmmo] Disable green thumb

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Natelev, Aug 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $2,182,393
    Ratings:
    +290
    In Game Name:
    Natelev
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    [Mcmmo] Disable green thumb
    What are you suggesting:
    There's an mcmmo ability under herbalism called green thumb.
    I'm suggesting that we disable this ability on both the main server and skyblock.

Quick note about green thumb:
    There are two mcmmo abilities called green thumb.
    The first and most commonly used one is Green Thumb (Crops), which allows automatic replanting. This suggestion is not about that ability.

This suggestion is about the other ability, Green Thumb (Cobble/Stone Brick/Dirt), otherwise known as Shroom Thumb.
    Since most people don't even know what this ability does, here's a small explanation from the mcmmo help page:
    This active ability allows you to turn blocks into their "plant-related" counterparts. You can do this by right-clicking a block, while holding seeds. This will consume 1 seed.

Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    On skyblock, I constantly see new players complaining in global that their mushrooms have disappeared. This is because right clicking dirt with mushrooms uses the green thumb ability, which new players never seem to know about until they accidentally use it.
    I've seen new players freak out over this because they have no idea what's going on, and they've just lost the only mushrooms they get on skyblock.
    This usually means that another player has to go and find mushrooms, and give some to the new player. While it's not that much of a big deal, this happens often enough that I think removing it entirely is justified. Almost every single new player in skyblock will, at some point, lose their mushrooms by accidentally using green thumb.

In the bigger picture, this ability is also an annoyance in general. I've accidentally used it more times than I can count planting seeds in farms with cobble walls for example.

In the seven years I've been playing on this server, I've never deliberately used this mcmmo skill. I've never seen anyone use this skill, and I've never heard anyone even talk about this skill other than to explain to new players why their mushrooms/seeds just disappeared.

Green thumb adds no value to the server, is very easy to accidentally activate (especially if you don't know about it) and just adds another annoying thing that new players have to learn to work around. Let's just disable it completely.

Other information:
    This is particularly relevant on skyblock. If some people replied to say that they actually do use green thumb on main, I'd strongly suggest at least removing the ability on skyblock.
    However, I'm not aware of anyone using it on main. Because it's so easy to accidentally activate, it might as well be disabled network-wide.

Plugin or custom addition:
    Mcmmo tweak
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #1 Natelev, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  2. 1aughter

1aughter Oɾαɳɠҽ GαɱҽAԃɱιɳ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,763
    Pretty sure you’re talking about Shroom Thumb. Green Thumb is for insta replant, which is rather useful.
    +1 Disable Shroom Thumb

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $2,182,393
    Ratings:
    +290
    I also thought it was called shroom thumb, but it's literally referred to as Green Thumb in /herbalism help.

/herbalism ? 5 explains the shroom thumb ability this suggestion is about, which it refers to as Green Thumb (Cobble/Stone Brick/Dirt)
    /herbalism ? 4 explains the insta replant ability, which it calls Green Thumb (Crops).

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,104
    Shroomthumb has been removed from the Main and SkyBlock server.
    If you find that it still exists, please do post in https://ecocitycraft.com/help

It should now be properly disabled.
    I'd appreciate this tested: @Natelev @1aughter

5. 1aughter

1aughter Oɾαɳɠҽ GαɱҽAԃɱιɳ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,763
    @andrewkm
    Tested, no longer an issue on Main and Skyblock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.