Denied [Network Wide Suggestion] Give Channel Owners /ch set shortcut

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by killrdarknes, Feb 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killrdarknes

killrdarknes The Final Act
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $93,445
    Ratings:
    +1,178
    In Game Name:
    killrdarknes
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Give Channel Owners /ch set shortcut
    What are you suggesting:
    Allow private chat channel owners the ability to /ch set *channelname* shortcut *shortcut* for their channels.
    For example, let's say I want to set /ch melon 's shortcut to /ch me.
    Allow me to have /ch set shortcut so I can ;-;
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    This will allow users to more easily switch between channels. It's a bit of a pain to switch between /ch g and /ch America, for example.
    Some people may argue "what about global public channels/one-letter shortcuts that may be needed for future public channels?" to which I say enforce a 2-letter minimum if necessary. However, I don't forsee any future public channels, nor do I think it's unfair that someone gets /ch a or /ch z, for example; first come first server basis is the basis for an economy, right? :p
    Other information:
    N/A
    Plugin or custom addition:
    HeroChat
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Zedoker

Zedoker ~|Huggable Ex-GameAdmin & Ex-Tomkfc Lover|~
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,329
    tbh while i like 2, 3 letters allows for more variety (imagine /ch america and /ch amurica both wanting /ch am versus /ch ame and /ch amu)

3. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Moderator ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +360
    Couldn't this be resolved by buying the name as the shortcut you want? My view is the public channels get special treatment because they are Public. If you want a specific channel name buy that channel not supercalafragalisticexpealadocious and then want /ch su with out paying more for it. Now...if you suggest a feat of "channel shortcuts" that can be purchased...I'll plus one that all day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. EtherealSquid

EtherealSquid Former ServerAdmin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,155
    The only way I could see this implemented would be if it gets the exact same treatment as creating a custom channel itself. A feature purchaseable in the shop, perhaps for half the price of the channel itself or like $30, where you enter in your chat channel and the shortcut you want, and somehow the system checks that your username is the owner of the channel and that the shortcut is not taken.

I’m all for that, but is most likely too complex for Andrew to want to implement. Allowing free setting of shortcuts would be a terrible idea though as it could impose significant trolling by stealing shortcuts or perhaps data issues if a shortcut is accidentally or intentionally set to something already taken.

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,113
    We will not be making this change due to far too many conflictions.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #5 andrewkm, Feb 26, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.