Denied [Network Wide Suggestion] Encouraging Youtube / Twitch content

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SkystriderTAG, Jan 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkystriderTAG

SkystriderTAG Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +7
    In Game Name:
    SkystriderTAG
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Encouraging Youtube / Twitch content
    What are you suggesting:
    Weather it be a special YT/Twitch rank or possibly even a giftcard or something depending on size / amount of content having content created on ECC will help drive people to the server.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Content helps drive interest , this is evident with servers like 2b2t, Hypixel, and others.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    Problem is... how feasible really is this? Big youtubers/streamers like Technoblade or FitMC are really out of the question I think, seeing as they make thousands for every video, unless they were desperate for content. Smaller youtubers maybe, but then it'd be a struggle finding them and evaluating if it even ends up being worth the hassle.

Not to mention... the elephant in the room... ECC is quite pay2win in regards to the main purpose of the server, being the economy. For the most part, vanilla features are readily accessible to the player base. The Minecraft community doesn't take well to pay2win servers. Assuming a big Youtuber came and played here, and found out or revealed ECC's store... ECC would get trolled to absolute hell.

I'm sure Andrew has looked into this before and decided not to; after all it seems like an obvious thing for any server owner to look into at some point.

#2 12345shane, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #3 Jdawger, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  4. SkystriderTAG

SkystriderTAG Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +7
    So if you look at Hypixel for example there are plenty of smaller / medium sized creators that make content for it, we certainly wouldn't need big creators like techno, having a bunch of 1k-100k creators could be healthy for us.

As far as paid2win it would need to be emphasized that that All items/features are possible to get without any IRL investment , just need to grind enough for them.

I wouldn't say ECC is nessassarly paid2win as several players here have hundreds of $ in features and never spent a dime on the server, but I can understand that the way the server is would be frowned on as paying does reduce the grind.

Hell Im guilty of that.. when I started I sold a 10$ ECC giftcard for 500k , used that to jump right to Mayor rank , buy a warp and pay for a flat area for my 1st town (Oceanside)

#4 SkystriderTAG, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  5. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    -1 Doubtful that paying off a YouTube/Twitch content creator would be a net positive unless they got a fairly large amount of views, which would open a whole new can of worms in terms of abusive trolling/advanced glitches as well as a drastically larger player base.

Also this has probably been looked into before and not done.

6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Just to clarify here: Your argument here is "advertising is bad"?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    Uncontrolled advertising is bad, yes... though I’m not an expert by any means, if you know more then I do I’ll defer to that.

8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I mean first don't get me wrong, I agree in that I don't think this is the right way to go. I just also want to see what your logic is -- in this though, not sure what "uncontrolled advertising" really means.

If they're being provided some sort of incentive from us, then we'd retain some form of control. As far as "advanced bugs/glitches", really not sure what the basis here is, but really a newer player is really much more unlikely to get away with abusing something like that, and it's on us for having it in the first place. Staff can more than handle any trolls, too.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    We won't be adding custom ranks for YouTube / Twitch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.