Denied [Network Wide Suggestion] Chat Foreign

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by smarks15, Dec 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smarks15

smarks15 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +18
    In Game Name:
    smarks15
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Chat Foreign
    What are you suggesting:
    The addition of a public /ch foreign channel so that when users who cannot speak English or have struggle speaking English join, there is a channel for users to communicate with them that allows for languages other than English.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Today, a user joined ECC asking if anyone could communicate to them in Spanish and the only response given was that they had to speak English. I could see how some users, new to the server, with language barriers, may have trouble communicating, especially with the already confusing list of commands (i.e. pming in a foreign language, switching chats, etc.). Along with this, the English only rule, while important and necessary, is controversial for some users, and some have expressed frustration that there is no place for them to speak in a foreign language with other users. While I don't necessarily agree with these users, creating this channel would make the job of staff easier as they'd have a channel to direct these users to instead of having to explain every time the rules or argue with said users. While this second argument is only a bonus (the primary argument still sits with new users, the learning curve, and opening up ECC to a wider audience), it's still worth noting when considering possibly implementing such a channel.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    This would work better as a custom bought channel instead of a server implemented one as it would be beyond awful to google translate what people say 24/7 and make sure they're following the rules in that channel.

3. OtterInAOnesie

OtterInAOnesie Owner of Otter Farms
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +320
    -1 and an official ECC chat channel. will say why. ( Don't read this as "This is America, Learn to speak English" as I'm not trying to say this.)

I personally feel as if to be able to play and enjoy this server, chat is a big part of it.
    Because our server economy is partially based on player trades, trading for items, getting loans, getting a plot in a town, etc. A big part of our server is our community. Know that most of the time, when there is a rule for our server, there is a reason like you said, such as being able to take part in our economy. As well as people saying racist things in a different language and staff not being able to moderate it, which is their jobs.

There is nothing from stopping two players from talking to each other in a different language, and there is also nothing stopping you from buying a custom chat channel for this purpose if you really want to. In fact, if you feel you want to do this and buy it with EcoDollars, I would be willing to contribute some money towards this.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #3 OtterInAOnesie, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  4. OniFox_

OniFox_ Long live Valaria
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +572
    -1 this is an English based community and most mods speak English exclusively, moderating that channel would be a pain.

5. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Use PM, McMMO parties or one of our countless custom channels. No need to create additional channels that require hands-on staff management (from those who often don't even know the language) when players can handle things on their own just fine.

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    We will not be adding any more “official” channels to ECC. Our chat system has been finalized.

Please use local, PMs, McMMO, custom channels, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.