Denied [Network Wide Suggestion] Add Bedwars

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SisuJaSalmiakki, Dec 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SisuJaSalmiakki

SisuJaSalmiakki Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +30
    The solution is to put that kind of chatter in /ch tr (since you are advertising).

2. S_Bend_To_Blind

S_Bend_To_Blind going wild for heads, renting farms, trades nstars
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $2,985,000
    Ratings:
    +85
    ok... we get a new minigame, for a rly smal part of the community and let em spam the global chat for all the others..

like it happened with sg.

give a minority the right to disturb the majority and tell the majority to go somewhere else..

im not sure if youre joking or serious...

3. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    I mean if it's such a minority of people and they're advertising or "spamming" things you aren't interested in you're very welcome to /ignore them nobody is infringing upon your game play at all. Quite simply use the commands that are available they are there for a reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  4. SisuJaSalmiakki

SisuJaSalmiakki Resident

Ratings:
    +30
    I've only been on ECC for 5 days and I know about at least 2 clans with sizable memberships. It's not a small part of the community...

5. OtterInAOnesie

OtterInAOnesie Owner of Otter Farms
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +320
    Let me put it this way for you Xboy.

Running a Minecraft Server costs money. Having different worlds, (Rising, Mining, Main North Mining, Main North Rising, SG 1, SG 2, SG Lobby, Skyblock, Archive, and now as is being suggested, A bedwars lobby, and Two SG Maps) costs real life money. Using a quick google search, I found that hosting a server with a max player count of 20 (Enough space for enough players to play plus extra storage.) costs $5/Month. If we use that hosting service (Which we probably don't use but this is an example) it would Andrew $10/Month for just the Maps alone. We would also need the lobby to hold all these players between matches, costing us an additional $18/Month for enough space in the lobby to hold 70 People. This $28/Month could be used elsewhere on our server, Specifically towards Advertising Sites to allow for more players to find our server and play it in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. SisuJaSalmiakki

SisuJaSalmiakki Resident

Ratings:
    +30
    We could replace one SG map with a bedwars map

7. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    You really think $28 is too much for Andrew this server has a lot of money. Something as little as $28 doesn't matter one feature purchase on some of the things on the ECC shop and boom you've got the money to run it for a month. Andrew has put $1000's into advertising before and you're hear talking about $28. COPPERS I TELL U!

• Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  8. SUBYT

SUBYT Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +298
    again, this is exactly what I'm thinking, if bedwars came along... I mean... would we really be a economy server?

9. SUBYT

SUBYT Mayor

Ratings:
    +298
    Yes, mods say that with SG as well but when people actually do ( which is very rare ) they do it once every 15 seconds, that is not advertising, thats harrasment!

10. SUBYT

SUBYT Mayor

Ratings:
    +298
    Really? I feel that if bedwars was added, it would be the main attraction of the server.

I do appologise if this is to many posts

11. SisuJaSalmiakki

SisuJaSalmiakki Resident

Ratings:
    +30
    /ch leave tr
    People said that about SG and we are still an econony server. If the rewards for Bedwars are only given out in ECD, and donations/kits are kept at a minimum, we could attract builders with ECD rewards for Bedwars, and use that to get them on the main server.

12. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Whoaa whoa
    1) Harassment* Don't use words you clearly don't know how to spell or use correctly. If it's every 15 seconds it's spam not harassment
    2) Can we stop this overreaction lol honestly you're acting like doomsday is imminent calm down. Nothing has even been confirmed xD it's just a suggestion and it wouldn't affect ECC or make it the main attraction or anything there will still be people like you and the people against this idea still playing on main.

13. S_Bend_To_Blind

ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $2,985,000
    Ratings:
    +85

RLY ?!? ?

i shall leave the trade chanel , i repeat, i shall leave the trade channel ?

for not getting disturbed on a economy server, i shall leave the trade channel ?

are you fucking serious ?

do /quit to play bedwars somewhere else.
    i rly feel trolled by reading something like this.

rly.

14. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    No you can just /ignore the people advertising actually.

15. S_Bend_To_Blind

EcoDollars:
    $2,985,000
    Ratings:
    +85
    ah, thats much better..

implementing a feature / minigame that makes parts of the community ignore other parts of the community..

sounds great^^

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  16. OniFox_

OniFox_ Long live Valaria
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +572
    It’s not nonsense at all we aren’t a mini game server nor was ecc ever intended to be a mini game server. Sg was added I assume to be nice and give people what they wanted as well as cash flow for the servers running costs which are extraordinary. I’m not AGAINST mini games don’t take this the wrong way. I just don’t see Andrew going for it as he had stated multiple times he does not want to run a mini game related server.

There are also costs to add another server like bedwars and Sg showing little to no interest is an expense that is simply, atm, losing ecc money and income. Andrew would want to see some sort of assurance of assets when running a bed wars server. Look at it this way.

Sg multiple maps which increase data and running costs, most active Sg players already have kits and aren’t buying more.

new players are not funneling into Sg and buying lots therefore activity dies and those running costs are now a loss to the server.

bedwars is showing from what I can see, little interest and a lot of controversy. Why would Andrew invest into something with little majority interest, this would simply be another loss and increased server costs.

while mini games are fun I simply don’t see this going through

#36 OniFox_, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  17. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Well you don't have to ignore them, but you keep complaining about some tiny ads so much so that seems like the only option for you. There are ads I hate as well yet I say nothing about it in global because there's such a thing as "tolerance".

You're acting as if other parts of the community aren't annoying either.

Only a couple of days ago staff were messing around with alerts which I found annoying, but it isn't the end of the world at the end of the day just be tolerant. Some of you guys are actually scared about this happening which is quite shocking really. Grow up and stop being such snowflakes.

EMBRACE CHANGE!

18. OniFox_

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +572

It’s not a fear of change it’s a lack of majority interest from what I’ve seen.

would a new mini game be fun and interesting? Yes

Are we a mini game server that shows interest in mini games? Once again I’d point to SG which is dead and say atm it seems like we aren’t.

could bedwars replace Sg and be active? Sure but atm it doesn’t seem plausible.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  19. OniFox_

Ratings:
    +572
    You can rate my post potato all you want I’m trying to have an actual conversation and list my side of the argument.

Sg is dead so why would bedwars be different, what confirmation can you show me that it would be active @xboyfernz

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #39 OniFox_, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  20. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Well if you referred to my first post I did say put up a BETA version and see how it goes, but I'm not surprised you missed that bit seem to only want to hear your own opinion.

SG is dead because look at how separate it is from the server as well nothing telling people how to join. Half the new players probably don't even know there is SG on the server because there are so much barriers to entry. First they have to be told to /sgs, then click the sign, then wait for 5 players. Reform needs to happen so don't be blaming it on SG being dead it's the barriers to playing it and the fact that it was taken away before which lead to the people that did play SG to quit so many names I can think of quit after this whole drastic change on ECC with the new main and so on. DON'T SAY A WORD AGAINST SG!

Secondly, I'm not saying I'm sure, but people love something different not all of us like to mine and grind. I'm sorry if that offends you, but it's the truth and you can say "well go on another server", but at the end of the day I do like that economy aspect of it to when you go on other servers there's not much of an incentive to play other than just the feeling you've won on ECC you actually get a reward which you can go to use on main it's more fulfilling. Bedwars will be a success it's something new that a lot of people enjoy I remember taking a whole load of xboy's angels on another server just to play it before it's a great game. People will play it, old and new as it is something different. One of the reasons SG is dead is because builders come on and are bombarded with pay2win kits being used by people. Don't make bedwars pay2win I'm sure people will play. It will allow us to poach and retain players once again and make ECC a better place for everyone! BE OPTIMISTIC FOR ONCE!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.