Mob stacking broken

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by yandyyyy, Oct 23, 2020.

1. yandyyyy

yandyyyy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +212
    Minecraft Username: Skaisimmer

Brief Description: about once a day mobs will butcher themselves as soon as they stack and thise will last for many hours

Instructions: i am unsure how its done but i have noticed it is uasually triggered whenever i leave my spawner setup and come back

How many times did you recreate this?: a few times but i am unsure how

Result: mobs automatically despawning as soon as they stack

Expected Result: mob not despawning

Evidence:

2. GoProDojo

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +271
    Mobs are like items, they are supposed to despawn after 90 seconds (I think that’s the time)

3. Arhinman

Arhinman Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +146
    I think they despawn every 10 mins

4. drodude

drodude Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +47
    This is because of butcher.

5. iSneaky

iSneaky This is a local server for local people
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,256
    @Skaisimmer Are you sure that this isn't our normal butcher mechanic (mobs get killed after 10m). If not, please DM me the coords of a mob spawner you are having this issue

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Our butcher mechanic kills off mining mobs every 10 minutes.

7. MocaBear

MocaBear Just a Dog
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +410
    So this has happened to me now 2 times. However it seemed to start at the begining of a butcher time, and end in the middle, (so i dont think it was the butcher causing this)

The first time... happened at my spawner setup on MN (unique_beagle:spawner)

i havent found a way to replicate it.. as it randomly happens and the spawners have been placed for a while... but what happens is instead of when a mob joins a stack (and you just see the particles of spawning or a quick flash of the mob) pbears actually spawn next to the spawners.... after 1-3 seconds they poof... every now and then you can see them joining a stack together of (2) or (3) then poofing. This has happened right after the butcher occurs (so the main stack is already buchered) and you are waiting for a new stack at the killing area... but no new stack comes.​

**troubleshooting**
    I have looked around for other stacks of pbears, thought maybe i was in a biome with pbears so i flew around looking (none) so the mobs weren't joining another stack anywhere. tried attacking the pbears prior to them poofing, and that also didnt do anything... after about 4 minutes i messaged @iSneaky about the issue, 2 min later... the spawners went back to normal, and a brand new stack floated down to the kill area (and then the butcher killed them a few min later at normal butcher time)
    The second time... happened at another spawner setup on MN (unique_beagle:spawner2)

This incident also happened right after a butcher, as all mobs dissapeared in kill chamber i couldnt figure out why they werent falling down, so i went up to investigate, and the same thing was happening, mobs would spawn in 2-3 at a time.. sit for 1-3 seconds.. then poof but no mobs would stay below. These mobs were all passive mobs so i again looked around for it to stack elsewhere. and nothing was seen... after about 3 min of investigating, the mobs began to stack as normal and fall into the chamber this event fixed itself much faster than the pbears.​

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. NessXXIII

NessXXIII Pushing the Envelope
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    This can be replicated by leaving set up and coming back several times in one butcher.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I would love some co-ordinates of these locations and proper reproduction steps.
    @iSneaky & @UnitedStates2 please see if you can investigate what is going on here and when a reliable reproduction setup is found ping me on Discord and I'll come check it out.

10. iSneaky

Ratings:
    +1,256
    I've been working on this bug for literally an entire week, under no circumstances was I able to reliably replicate what is being stated in the above posts, I have tried to replicate it at the given locations of spawner setups where others have had issues to no avail.

If someone is still running into issues with this bug, video evidence with reproduction steps will be amazing, as I understand this bug seems to be very random in when it occurs, for that reason I would recommend looking into using Windows Gamebar to record your previous 10minutes of gameplay from when the issue occurs.

https://www.howtogeek.com/219947/how-to-record-pc-gameplay-with-windows-10’s-game-dvr-and-game-bar/

11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Thanks a lot Sneaky! :)

12. yandyyyy

yandyyyy Builder

Ratings:
    +212
    replicated this just then fairly easily, ill upload a video in about 12 hours bc my net is trash

13. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    Have had both polar bears and shulkers now have similar issues, instantly despawning when spawned. They are not stacking to a nearby mobs that may have escaped.

Have managed to get a recording of the shulkers at a setup on main north ( /home kenny0011:mobs)

A mixed mobs setup on main north appears to work as intended. This is located at /home kenny0011:mobs2

14. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I'm at /home kenny0011:mobs and everything is working fine.
    Shulkers are getting stacked.

15. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    Thats really odd.

I'm not entirely sure how the shulkers began to not stack in my case, as the setup is owned by @o0SchnetzleR0o , who reported it ingame, at which point I took the recording.

In the case of the polar bears I saw, I didn't manage to get a recording, however I believe they said that their minecraft game crashed, and on returning to the spawner, polar bears began to have similar behavior to that in the shulkers in the video.

16. Arhinman

Arhinman Builder

Ratings:
    +146
    I'm currently having the same issue. I was grinding, but I left to unvanish and pm someone, and when I came back, polar bears instant disappear. I have been staying with polar bear for more than 20 mins and they keep disappear (it is my /home pb on mainnorth idk if you Can teleport to). I checked in another setup with multi mobs, and there is not such an issue.

(This is the first time it happens in this pb setup, the Last time I saw this was during the previous reset, with polar bears too)

17. Arhinman

Arhinman Builder

Ratings:
    +146
    It finally work again. The issue occured during 20-25 minutes

18. iSneaky

Ratings:
    +1,256
    Did you return to your mob spawner in vanish?

19. yandyyyy

yandyyyy Builder

Ratings:
    +212
    I've tested this many times, unvansihing before I leave/ come back, unvashing before I leave /after I come back and other variants of being vanished/unvanished and my initial thought about leaving while vanishing causing this to happen was wrong, I can confirm that this bug is on a chunk by chunk basis as I have seen mobs spawn and stack into a high number in 1 chunk, and then when they are pushed into the middle of my setup to go into a hole(in another chunk) they glitch and dissapear

20. Arhinman

Arhinman Builder

Ratings:
    +146
    I've noticed the exact same thing. There are stacks of polar bear that remain, but once he enters the center chunk, he disappears.

Also I've noticed something else : when the bug end, the next time I escape the butcher (leave before it and come back after) all the mobs that disappeared when the bug occured are stacked with the remaining stacks.
    For instance (the case that happens very often) : bug occurs, no mobs so I'm waiting for like 20 minutes (sometimes more). Finally it solves itself and I start grinding again. Butcher is soon, and I leave the setup with around 100 polar bear stacked. I sell my stuff, and when I come back like 10 seconds later, and there are 300-500 polar bears stacked. I don't know how to explain that, but maybe they don't disappear but go in vanish until I come back and load the chunck again, and then stack with the remaining one.

#20 Arhinman, Nov 9, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2020