Denied [MainWest Server Suggestion] Featureless West (Hardcore Eco Server)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NessXXIII, Sep 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NessXXIII

NessXXIII Pushing the Envelope
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    In Game Name:
    NESS_23
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    MainWest Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Featureless West (Hardcore Eco Server)
    What are you suggesting:
    Providing a server that has all the same economical rules as main, main north, and main east but without features, star tools or magic tools.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Given the recent reaction to magic tools/god drops etc. I was wondering if it would be viable to create a server that was isolated from all of it. A place where people could just “get away from it all”.

People could have their bragging rights for not using usd/feats in any way at all and succeeding on an economy server. And people could also continue to donate and reap benefits from god drops etc on main, main north and main east.
    Other information:
    As close to vanilla as possible without automation. Keep inv off, no features whatsoever except for maybe lwc and chest shops and land claiming.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    I have no idea.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Pixel75

Pixel75 Lucky EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +454
    +1 Also it would be nice if /bank didn't work on the hardcore server so people wouldn't be able to transfer funds.

3. KG4Life223

KG4Life223 Big Baller Brand Representative
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +77
    I would also like to add: bank balances can not be transferred over to this server, but can be transferred out. This would ensure no money making methods with features are introduced into this server.

4. ChefCraft19

ChefCraft19 Microsoft Excel Certified
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +442
    Would there be a separate set of ranks? Would there still be towns? Or are you suggesting something similar to VMR (without resets/hacking)? Since it would be separate, I assume access to the forum bank would not be available? I like the idea, although I'm unsure how it would work exactly as there are tons of details that would need to be figured out. Also I believe Andrew has rejected most ideas on opening other servers, as our player counts do not require them at this time. Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts and opinions on this.

5. Shmoogedy

Shmoogedy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +59
    On the fence with this one. While I think it's a great idea in theory, I'm genuinely not sure how popular it would be (if at all). There would have to be some real incentives (prestige/ranks/etc) for people to play a server like this over the servers ECC already offers. I like the idea, just unsure of the practicality.
    -+1

6. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +626
    I love the idea of a featureless server, but I just don't see it being very practial, particularily without a detailed action plan already designed, asopposedtoadding a massiveamount of work to the staff steam to just deicide what form the server would take.

Shmoogedy and chef have already mentioned the player count problem, with maineast having just 5-10 players on at manytimes, I don't see how a new mainwest could maintain a higher player count without forcing andrew to come up with a newset of bonuses for players to go to mainwest. Even then, it could just turn out like vmr, with people contracting out prestige for ECD and never setting foot on the server except to collect their labor.

There are also questions about what exactly wouldbe allowed on the server. If there were no warps or towns there would be little incentive to expand or play, as anything could be griefed. If townsexist then you would think that town controlwouldhave to exist as well, if not it would make most towns empty shells, particularily without invincibility flags.

What about spawners? Would you enable players to build mob systems, allow them to mine spawners, or keep the current spawner key system?

Most importantly, I'm not sure how adding anew serverwould make much financial sense. If there was nothing to buy, then andrew would be spending both admin time and money to open up a new server without any way to recouperate those costs. This may not be a deal breaker, but its something to consider.

+1 to the idea, but I hope that a more detailed and comprehensive plan is posted in this thread before andrewkm responds to it.

7. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Yeh I agree with this take. I'd love to see it, there are a lot of issues to iron out, and it probably won't end up happening. Interesting thought though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. NessXXIII

Ratings:
    +568
    These are all questions I encourage everyone to discuss.

Towns would exist, as previously stated several times so greifing wouldn’t exist. Warps would exist.
    Town control could be expanded without having to pay for it with features. Making it available to everyone.

I suppose spawners wouldn’t exist or perhaps make them accessible through a server shop with netherstars or ecd.

Perhaps main east could simply be converted into this type of server, since it is already basically deserted. I don’t think incentives for prestige would be something that should be introduced to this server.

Not every move in a business is for immediate financial gain. So creating a server to help enrich the player experience could still make financial sense in the long run. As it could help retain players instead of people outright quitting.

I agree, obviously a detailed plan of action would need to be in place before anyone could move forward with this.

So pitch some solutions to the problems that have been proposed with the idea.

Collaborate and maybe this could come to fruition.

#8 NessXXIII, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  9. GeorgiePOORgie

GeorgiePOORgie Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +137
    Don’t go getting rid of Main East. That’s my home. ;)

+1 but it doesn’t make sense for Andrew to host a server with no incentive for donations. After all, donations do keep the server up. Maybe cosmetics only?

Also idk how many people will even use West if it’s added as a normal server. But Andrew has mentioned plans to advertise so maybe he’s anticipating peak of more than 100 on each server.

10. KG4Life223

KG4Life223 Big Baller Brand Representative
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +77
    I think allowing PVP in non-claim areas would be a great addition because there are a lot of people who come for pvp and when they find out that they need a minimum of 4 people for Survival Games, they just leave the server. It holds great potential in order to increase the retention rate of newer players who may later expand into Main and Main North servers. By keeping these newer players, it increases the chance/rate of people donating to the server.

11. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    From a financial perspective, what's the point? The goal of this suggestion is to create a world with no real incentive to donate. However, with no incentive to donate... What's really the difference between a player exclusively playing the featureless server vs just leaving? Sure, businesses have loss leaders and make decisions that don't make immediate financial gain, but people can't eventually spend money if there's nothing to buy.

12. NessXXIII

Ratings:
    +568
    From a financial perspective, retention is the point.

13. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    What would the retained players be spending money on if they're playing on a featureless server?

14. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    They'd be playing and buying stuff within the game, like vanilla minecraft items i'd assume.
    Ya know, back before features, where people trading blocks for money and paid for services.

15. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +626
    So Trying to make a cohesive suggestion for a mainwest server:
    • 30K x 30K main world, same as the other servers.
    • Monthly Resetting Mining, Nether and End Worlds
    • You still need [survivor] and [Voyager] to access the end and nether.
    • Players can progress through equivlants of all of the main server ranks as normal, with each player starting as the eqivlant of a builder.
    • Players can gain towns as they would on main
    • However, they will only gain access to a limited set of tc flags upon town creation.
    • PvP will be on normally in all worlds with town owners having the option to disable it.
    • Spawners and spawner keys will be purchaseable from a server shop for nether stars
    • Hostile mob spawning will probably be enabled in all worlds, though town owners may have an option to disable it (perhaps for a fee?)
    • The Bank will be aviliable only to deposit into, not to withdraw from.
    • No star/magic/ecc tools. Max tools will be the best of the best.
    • Perhaps beacons could be enabled to cmpensate?
    • Only cosmetic/non-beneficial feats. I think that trails, pets, nick/nick+, headmaster, maybe investigator, maybe stealth, and maybe unlimitedlwc, in addition to network wide feats like chat channels.
    • No prestige /sell hand effects.
    • No obtainable permenent rewards that would effect main network money generation (no network prestige)
    • In general, applications would work the same way as they do on main, with people paying the same amount as the other servers, unless it is determined that the amounts must be adjusted downwards to comensate for a lack of star tools.
    • The builder bonus would not be applicable to the server.
    • I'm not sure if the current /kit starter would work on this kind of server, anyone have any ideas as to how it could possibly be changed?
    Only problem is that it would be impoaaible to enforce a rule against paying people in GC's for items on thi new mainwest server, so USD would probably still be king :(

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
    #15 OConner1279, Sep 8, 2020
  16. NessXXIII

Ratings:
    +568
    This is beautiful, thank you

17. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306

This sounds like a GREAT idea. +1 Please do this.

18. S_Bend_To_Blind

S_Bend_To_Blind going wild for heads, renting farms, trades nstars
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $2,405,650
    Ratings:
    +85
    I would love this.

Huge +1

19. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,061
    ...which benefits the server financially how?

20. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    Maybe player retention beats out financial gain in one world?
    As some issues people who currently have with EcoCityCraft, new and old, is that the administrations focus is solely on financial gain (even if that isnt the case, i certainly looks that way) and players who are online get to see that builders constantly complain about the server being pay to win. Making EcoCityCraft have a very low player retention.

Having a game mode that has a even playing field might actually make some people stick around, and then maybe invest into some cosmetics or even try their hand at another Main and then like having fly or another feature for that particular server.
    So yes, it doesn't give the server money directly. But potentially with player retention, it can.

#20 Mission001, Sep 8, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.