Denied [MainNorth Server Suggestion] Alternate default joining server weekly

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AusHell, Nov 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AusHell

AusHell President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +26
    In Game Name:
    AusHell
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    MainNorth Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Alternate default joining server weekly
    What are you suggesting:
    I suggest that we alternate the default joining server between /main and /mainnorth for NEW users weekly..
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    It will aid in equally distributing and building MainNorth's economy
    Other information:
    There are plenty of donators that play on Main North.. Thus, our revenue goes towards ECC's advertisement campaigns for new players.
    It's only fair.. to allow us some percentage of new players to join MainNorth by default.
    Hence the suggestion of alternating on a weekly & or bi-weekly basis
    or atleast a percentage of players to join mn

EDIT: Alot of mainers saying no because its unfair or forced, my response to this is, they can easily switch back to /main if they dont like it.. All while the joining process becoming a little more equal!
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Potato Potato x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #1 AusHell, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  2. Karin_88

Karin_88 The Rainbow Ex-GA
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,196
    I second this, I think it would be great if we could get some new players come immediately to Main North upon joining, if this is something that is doable :)

3. OtterInAOnesie

OtterInAOnesie Owner of Otter Farms

Ratings:
    +320
    -1 While it would be good for building up the economy of MN, it would be unfair to new players to force them to be in a worse economy just because it was the week we defaulted to MN.

Also last I checked we default to /lobby, not /m

4. Jerry_88

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +22
    I agree with this idea.

5. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    I don't think you should ever force new players into a situation where they would be disadvantaged.
    When a new player logs in, they should be taken to the MAIN server- it is main for a reason. MainNorth is designated as an overflow area (at least that is what I've been told).
    The argument: "It would help the others who play on mn" is quite selfish in my eyes.

Its really not.
    Very big -1.

#5 LaggyTryHard, Nov 13, 2019
  6. AusHell

AusHell President

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +26
    Well, there should be someway to allow new users to join in a 50/50 manner to Main or Main North

This suggestion here, is not forever.. it would be an idea to rotate during these ad campaigns.. as we as donators on MN play a part in the funding of said advertising campaigns for ECC!

7. AusHell

AusHell President

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +26
    The argument isn't as you quoted "It would help the others who play on mn" and rather not selfish but fair..

8. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    That is exactly what you're saying here.
    You're basically saying: "Because i paid for my features on main north, i want new players to be forced to join on main north.

Its easy to say that when you're a veteran on the server. A little harder when you first joined into a world and don't know whats going on. The counter argument is exactly equivalent to yours.
    Let them join onto main... they can easily switch to /mainnorth if they don't like it.

I hope i made my points clear! Good luck :)

#8 LaggyTryHard, Nov 13, 2019
  9. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    The post announcing the move to multiple main servers literally states that main central will always be #1.
    Sure, you donate. Sure, you play Main North. This was announced when the network was announced and before you ever decided to play MN. This is some "Blue Lives Matter" nonsense right here -- you can't join a group that is expressly told it's getting the short end of the stick, and then complain it's unfair you're getting the short end of the stick!

10. PyroTechnix_

PyroTechnix_ Professional Coffee Drinker
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +291
    -1 /mn isn't that hard of a command

11. Pab_Jr

Pab_Jr Former Staff Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,151
    While I get where you're both coming from, MainNorth also has its advantages over Main, so I wouldnt say this is a valid reason for a -1. (read rest of my reply, im not a +1 on this either :p)

In no way should this effect where players are placed, saying this you could say we should spawn players into SG because SG is dead, which is not a valid reason for doing so. Main is exactly what it sounds like, the main server, as Nicit has pointed out it is always the #1 priority, if you are getting a feature on MN you are also getting it on Main needs to be remembered, we as users chose to play on MainNorth, we chose to set our towns there, and grow there, that is on us, if we want to grow the economy, the userbase on the server that is up to the players who reside here. I am a very active user on MainNorth, I spend probably 80% of my time on the server there, you know how im doing my part? I run a 2 town large free plot town for the users, to which I have added on average about 5-10 a day, I give them items in addition to the regular /kit starter. If you want users to swap servers you must do your part, but you also gotta be able to help them to make sure they truly want to stay. The economy will grow, the userbase will grow, all it needs is a little bit of time, you have to remember that MainNorth is still very new, the economy is just now starting up, we are slowly getting more users that reside on MN such as karin and billy.

In addition, I can imagine that having users swap where they come in at when they first join is a pain, and probably not a part of our current setup, requiring andrew to constantly change it, or have custom coding added to do so, both of which are completely unnecessary for a thing that we as players can do ourselves. Long story short, as nice as it would be, there is absolutely no need to it so im going to say -1 to this.

12. Karin_88

Karin_88 The Rainbow Ex-GA
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,196
    I'm so sorry, AusHell, I think I'm going to have to change my answer to a -1, as much as I hate to say it. I love MN to death. However, most everyone who has posted here against it has valid points. Such as, it would be a pain for Andrew to have to change it every other week or whatever to where they joined straight onto MN. They can easily join /mn if they want. I've found out that it isn't too hard to get new players on MN, I just added 3 new people to Stardew Valley alone within the last 24 hours. And two of them were people who have been active the last few days, who've come to me for a plot; I just wasn't able to give them one until now.

13. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    No -1 main north was only meant to be overflow main will always be the main#1 server.

#13 jwpwns, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  14. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    Honestly. I agree main is the place to be, but I have been here during full peaks. when players with no features were stuck on mn and clueless as to why. If we start all new players on MN with instructions on their arrival screen that this the over flow server where they could end up when main is full and to do /m to get to main after getting acquainted it MIGHT and I stress again MIGHT help relieve that a bit.

+0.5

15. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628

I have not seen main full in quite a while ALSO once MN is full the same thing will happen so its a draw Lol people will still be confused. However like you said there should be something that pops up on screen when main is full and they spawn in MN saying its the overflow server ect.

#15 jwpwns, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  16. LameMan

LameMan The Lamest
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +295
    -1 This would confuse new players that would be like 'where did my stuff go', I've seen new players say this several times whilst main has been down and all players get forced into north.

#16 LameMan, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  17. AusHell

AusHell President

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +26
    seems as though this is a no from majority.

Staff please move this to DENY category

18. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I believe the responses in this thread have summarized everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.