Denied [Main Server Suggestion] WizardPlus feature suggestion/option

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jdawger, Dec 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,354
    In Game Name:
    Jdawger
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    WizardPlus feature suggestion/option
    What are you suggesting:
    A Plus feature for the Wizard feature. Please read all of the suggestion before commenting as it is detailed:

WizardPlus will give players the command /magicplus which has a cooldown of one month (now that the command is main server only. Cooldown can also be increased to once every three months, which was my original idea before this change).

/magicplus can do one of the following when used:
    - All the current benefits of /magic, just one more use per month (or three months if deemed too OP with the rest of the uses)
    - Upgrading one piece of magic armor from L1 to L2 per command
    - Upgrade one ECC tool to a magic tool (this is why I dropped that cooldown can be increased).

With this command, the following ECC tools can be converted to the following Magic tools (all magic tools listed below would be L1 versions):
    ECC Pickaxe to Magic Pickaxe
    ECC Hoe to Magic Hoe
    ECC Melon Sword to Magic Melon Sword
    ECC Crossbow to Magic Crossbow
    ECC Bow to Magic Bow
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Not only is it another way to get income to the server, it also gives players another /magic feature who would've been salty in losing the three per month. It also gives an opportunity to get rid of some ECC tools as well as have that option to upgrade magic armor.
    Other information:
    There is a suggestion to add magic swords to standard wizard. If that gets denied, then we could add magic sword to wizardplus as well.

Also, lmk if there is anything I missed or if there is some logic that is missing
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 Jdawger, Dec 31, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  2. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,518
    wizard is $400 and just went from 3 uses to 1 use. now your wanting a wizard+ (which means we have to pay more usd even though we are already paying $400) and are suggesting wizard goes from 1 use every month to 1 use every 3 months.

How about instead of a wizard+ we just add new stuff onto wizard

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #2 BobbyBlack, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,354
    Not at all. I'm suggesting /magicplus could be a three month cooldown if it is too OP. The suggestion states that /magicplus would have a one month cooldown, but could be increased if it is too OP. Current /magic would stay at one month regardless

#3 Jdawger, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,354
    To address this edit quickly, (edit) make a counter suggestion if you like. I feel like mine might be a better option to keep things from being too OP with the current wizard, but your option isn't terrible

#4 Jdawger, Dec 31, 2020
  5. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +626
    -1 What if... we didn't add more feats that are the equivalent of "do /something for money"

6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    I'm not sure I get the logic here.

First you make a suggestion suggesting that we need wizard because it's too OP, which basically gets accepted.

Now you make a suggestion to add a plus version that has the removed functionality and then some.

This is silly. An additional paywall here doesn't matter economy wise, because in practice the people who will buy the $300 feature on release are exactly the same people as who will buy a second $300 upgrade on release.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    We won't be making this change at this time.
    As stated on Discord: Those who are truly displeased with this, you are welcome to have your wizard rank removed by forum PM'ing me and receiving a GiftCard for it's value in return. Keep in mind any converted tools by your account will be rolled back.

Value of GC will be the value of the users personal purchase price, which all were at around $185 due to the coupons floating around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.