Denied [Main Server Suggestion] Remove RaffleMaster

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zedoker, Dec 18, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zedoker

Zedoker ~|Huggable Ex-GameAdmin & Ex-Tomkfc Lover|~
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,329
    In Game Name:
    Zedoker
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Remove RaffleMaster
    What are you suggesting:
    To Remove the RaffleMaster Feature (and associated feature tree
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Important Note: This isn't due to losing money in raffle. Idc about losing money. It's more or less about the collecting the communities thoughts about this feature

A large portion of the community thinks that the rafflemaster feature is a horrible addition to the store and the server. It eliminates the art of sniping and the reduction of community involvement in raffle with the logic of "oh someone can just "snipe" and insta-draw at any point, so whats the point of even trying?”
    I can speak to probably most of the community when I see a raffle being drawn by someone and just think "ok well that isn't fun at all."
    This also encourages increasing community involvement in raffle and we can go back to the days of weekend-long raffles and really help people not hate raffle as much.
    Other information:
    For those who currently have the feature, there is a twofold solution- offer a blanket amount of GC for each tier of the feature or go back and find out each user who purchased it and give them a giftcard for the total amount paid. (Kind of how customtag people got patron way back in the day).

In addition, removal of this feature can promote new weekend raffles or crazy raffles like we used to have in the day. This removes the layer of complexity of "oh well i bought the feature, I should be able to draw the raffle whenever I want." Mega-raffles and weekend raffles were what tied the community together a lot back in the day, and it just feels like the red tape around this feature sort of prevent that from happening these days.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #1 Zedoker, Dec 18, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
  2. Pixel75

Pixel75 Lucky EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +454
    +1 It ruins the fun of raffle. (I have RaffleMaster)

3. cjmk75

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +60
    +1 from me. As a 2012 player who loves supporting the server I don't love the idea of this feature in particular. I miss the days of having fun raffles that kept you on edge until the last final seconds without having players snipe 3000 tickets and then drawing the raffle.

4. coow_coow

coow_coow Shiny Staff
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +575
    -1 +1

When this feature first came around i hated it , with a passion , a few days went by and i realised that if i want the upper hand and the advantages then im going to have to pay for them.
    Everyone hates this feature untill they purchase it for themselves
    I didn't pay all the money to have it removed and if it were to be removed I'd want a full refund for it/store credit. It wasn't a cheap Feature package for sure
    If u can't beat em , join em

Edit : potato me idc , remove the feature idc, post your opinions idc, just compensate those who have paid for it, if its removed

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #4 coow_coow, Dec 18, 2023
  5. blazwura97

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +691
    I respect everyone's opinion here and I can understand why it's not liked, but at the same time, does it really matter that much?

Weekend long raffles can still happen, just disable everyone's draws for that weekend? I don't think the feature is the issue here with them not happening anymore.

The sniping thing can still very much happen, they just have to wait until the last second as usual, if people are going to snipe, they're still gonna do it that way. As well as that, it's very easy for people to "waste" a draw because they're trying to snipe & draw while someone else is as well, which is funny.

I can only name 4 people who have the feature (and who I actually see using it), and they barely use it anyway. When they do use it, it just spices things up a bit for that one (or few) rounds imo. They usually get bored of it after a few goes anyway.

Not exactly -1'ing here but :shrug:

6. Zedoker

Zedoker ~|Huggable Ex-GameAdmin & Ex-Tomkfc Lover|~
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,329
    Nothing against you but the "If you can't beat them, join them" mentality leads to people harboring resent for the thing that gets joined. There's plenty of people with that same mentality that got the feature that hate it, but had to adapt.
    This is why I addressed removing it. Someone can pull a total ass move and say "I paid for it, now I'm being denied what I paid for. hehehe lawyer up” which would be a complete headache. However unrealistic it seems, still a remote possibility.

Counter-Sniping cant really happen because
    /raffle buy x
    pt on a raffle draw
    Can happen so fast that unless you knew someone was going to do it and be prepared for it, it's not realistic to be able to counter the "snipe." When it was on a timer you could draw at 1s left, but now you always have to be alert, which takes away from the fun and introduces more stress on it

#6 Zedoker, Dec 18, 2023
  7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    We won’t be removing this.
    Raffle itself is already under scrutiny due to what is and isn’t allowed in Minecraft. I honestly don’t care much if people do or don’t play it, I just, simply put, don’t want to put any more time into Raffle and these parts of ECC. My time is better focused elsewhere.

ECC shouldn’t be about that sort of gameplay anyways.

#7 andrewkm, Dec 18, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.