Denied [Main Server Suggestion] Remove mining portals from /tutorial

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kenny0011, Jul 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    In Game Name:
    kenny0011
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Remove mining portals from /tutorial
    What are you suggesting:
    Removing the mining world portals in /tutorial and replacing them with [warp] signs to spawn.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I'll be honest, I do not like the portals leading straight to mining world. I have very often found that new players often get confused, and end up building in the mining world.

Particularly in the current set up of the tutorial, new users are very railroaded into going into the mining world, with the final hologram effectively saying "good luck go and make some money", and giving no other option for where a player could go. Infact, I'm not entirely sure the tutorial makes mention of /rtp commands, and I am seeing lots of people getting confused, thinking the portal leads to a place where you can build bases, if somewhat unprotected.

Furthermore, one of the main reasons for the new spawn was to encourage people to actually explore and use spawn. As it stands at the moment, there is no "non-command" way for a new player to get to spawn,barring just jumping off the edge. By having tutorial lead to spawn, as oppose to mining world, potentially this could give a steady stream of people actually being in spawn and giving it some activity, as oppose to just the ghost town it shouldn't be.

By having a warp sign to spawn to lead to the top of the mountain (as where /warp spawn currently leads), this gives greater flexability of where a new player can go. They can explore spawn, maybe find a town, or... if they still insist to... end up finding the first portal they see and ending up in /warp mining.
    Other information:
    N/A
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Tutorial
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. blazwura97

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +687
    +1 this was mentioned and agreed upon some time while we were staff but appears to have gotten lost or just ignored since. It's really stupid throwing them into mining with no other choice in the matter and expecting them to know what to do. Yes, the tutorial explains it all, but people do skip the tutorial and the argument "that's their fault" isn't valid when player retention is key; therefore pissing off new players who build in the wrong world (because they didn't read the tutorial properly or not), isn't the way to go.

Yes, this will only be 1 way to prevent that from happening, but 1 way is better than doing nothing about it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Nicklepot18

Nicklepot18 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +41
    +1 leading new players to mining and having that as the easiest option is not a good idea. So maybe housing the portals in a different warp could be better or just sticking with the command /warp mining

4. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    +1 people appear to be getting confused when they start in mining world even tho all they have to do is read lol.

5. Xdutchless

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +96
    +1 people just don’t read (well enough). For the people that do read it won’t be a problem removing the portals.

6. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    +1 Make the portal an rtp within rising

#6 OConner1279, Jul 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  7. TM_iBeast

TM_iBeast Not Staff Member
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +482
    I know the "Fuck the tutorial" thing is a good meme, and I don't think that's the problem honestly. I think the portal should just be a random teleport in the rising world. This would keep the option of skipping the tutorial and prevent users from wasting time building a base in mining.

8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    We will not be replacing Mining portals with a sign to an even more confusing spawn.
    Instead @ClarinetPhoenix and I may come up with a different solution in the very near future.

May as well throw this in here, just as we don't take suggestions regarding pricing (economy) we are slowly going to stop taking suggestions regarding the tutorial. After 10 years, there is no perfect idea. That's just how it is.

#8 andrewkm, Jul 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.