Accepted [Main Server Suggestion] Post-Window Archivetown Migration Policy

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Volvith, Aug 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volvith

Volvith Mediator
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +161
    In Game Name:
    Volvith
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Post-Window Archivetown Migration Policy
    What are you suggesting:
    In the migration to 1.18.2, players were given a window to transfer their towns in from archive.
    Throughout the entire lead-up time and time again emphasis was put on using the word Migration rather than reset, due to this, and the transfer of player data (inventories and ecd).

What i'm proposing is as follows: And opportunity for those who missed the migration window to transfer their towns free of charge regardless.

If we could have, we would have never migrated to another map to begin with, and transferred the entirety of Rising to 1.18.2, and if a player owns a town created after the total reset of 1.17 and before the migration of 1.18.2, i would suggest those players be given the chance to import their towns free of charge, but without any chest inventories present, in the spirit of 'migration not reset'.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Currently, if you missed the window, you have to pay for additional towns, meaning you'd have to pay 220,000 for your first town; Returning players who missed the window are off worse in this regard than new players, which inherently just feels wrong.

And i feel like there needs to be a solution for people who missed the window for reasons beyond their control, again, in the spirit of 'migration not reset'.
    I feel it'd be a good gesture to returning players if they can carry on with their towns rather than have to start over again.

A system for town migrations could look like a normal town application, but be handled low-priority with no guarantee of when the application goes through, which would mediate the amount of work that'd have to be put in.

I personally just feel that putting the migration behind a timelock isn't necessary, and somewhat crude...
    Other information:
    I would have like to be online in the period of free transfers, i even was at one point stating i'd get the migration handled the day after, but in the meantime i've gone through some truly harrowing shit IRL, and haven't really had time to do anything enjoyable the last few months.

I really don't want to dwell on that part too much, but this just feels like another kick in the back, even knowing it's not intended as such in the least.
    Sorry if this suggestion sound whiny.
    I'm taking off my mask of 'haha funny clown' for a second; i could really use a hand right now...
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #1 Volvith, Aug 9, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  2. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    I'm already exploring options for modifying the stand on pre-1.18 towns, as I mentioned in-game.

Marked under-review.

#2 ClarinetPhoenix, Aug 9, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  3. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    I've re-opened region migrations, with changes.
    Flat rate charges for each town you're looking to re-claim. We did indicate this would not be free forever. The Town Migration period we offered was always advertised as "free-of-charge" and it was always advertised that it would end - it was twice as long as we originally intended as well.

Anyway,
    $25,000 ECD for a Mayor town
    $50,000 ECD for a President/Additional Town.
    Builds will still need to be transferred via the Archive World Edit Application.

Region re-claims can be applied for here; https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/ecc-2-0-town-re-claim-requests.218189/
    This ONLY applies to ECC 2.0 regions, towns from earlier maps are not eligible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.