Acknowledged [Main Server Suggestion] Pokemon Hunt Event Prestige

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by socksforsupper, May 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. socksforsupper

socksforsupper President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐

Ratings:
    +84
    In Game Name:
    socksforsupper
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Pokemon Hunt Event Prestige
    What are you suggesting:
    By collecting all Pokemon heads available at the Pokemon Hunt you receive an Event Prestige.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I think it would bring more people to this weekly event.
    Other information:
    Pokemon collected at the hunt are tracked, so people cannot cheat using HDB. People have to earn these on there own, so you have to do the work yourself.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +966
    Very strong +1 for this suggestion

Pokemon Hunt is an ongoing event that anyone and everyone can participate in. It's very well set up and structured, and Lime does keep record of the amount of heads each player has collected, so they can't simply use headmaster on their own to bypass the collecting part of this prestige. This would be a very unique prestige as it is tied into an event run by a player, but I feel as though the community involvement aspect of it is a plus.

Collecting all the heads requires a substantial amount of time and ECD to achieve, and just like the VMR booklet, will get more and more difficult as time progresses and more Pokemon are added to the game and to HDB. The one thing that would need to be addressed in order for this event to offer a prestige would be some regulation. Don't take this the wrong way, I feel as though the event is being run very well as is, but the price of the machines used in the event may need to be adjusted in order to justify the prestige, the maximum amount of pokemon on the map may need to be regulated, Poke Crates and items that are bought in the PokeMart may need to be regulated, the frequency of the event, et cetera. This seems daunting and may be a reason to not pursue this event as a prestige but I think in the end it would be worth the time and effort to get this set up to have a continuously available way to earn an event prestige.

TL;DR This would be a little difficult to achieve and regulate in a fair way, but I believe it's very doable and would be rewarding for everyone.

3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    fair disclaimer, I'm eyeballing getting back in but not playing actively

very solid -1 from me. people take prestige, and anything that awards it way too seriously. Pokemon hunt is an awesome event that's super fun, and when I can catch it I try to. I don't see why we'd want to ask lime to take on an absolutely soulsucking and thankless task of balancing prestige, and make changes to an event that everyone seems pretty happy with.

hypothetically -- I'd support this if it meant absolutely no changes to the actual event. but like, that's not how anything involving prestige has ever worked

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Under review for @ClarinetPhoenix.
    Left open should others want to continue discussing.

#4 andrewkm, May 23, 2022
    Last edited: May 23, 2022
  5. LimeLush

LimeLush How is he still staff?
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +446
    Hi,

First off, I appreciate people noticing the event and the fun it provides to the server. We have been running for almost two years and it has taken a long time to balance things to where they are. With that being said, I agree with people's pros and cons to making this event something associated with the Event Prestige.

I think that we could turn the event into a tournament similar to SGS, where players try to catch the most unique pokemon at an event to earn a point, and the player that earns the most points in a given time period could win the prestige. This way, we can regulate when events run, how long they are for a prestige, AND we can regulate the features of the game that are open during this time, so that it is fair to everyone. Additionally, the events could run separately from the normal sunday time, so players who want to play casually can still do so without worrying about the prestige competition. It would be something I would have to discuss in detail with Clar and it could be possible this summer.

Thanks,

Lime

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,379
    As the event is ran now its not really a good idea to slap a prestige on it. I have many reasons for this.

However I am not so exclusive to say that only Andrew or myself can offer up events to award prestige, this is an avenue to be explored and frankly if an event is offering a prestige there needs to be regulation and involvement from administration to work to make sure the whole thing goes smooth and proper.

I am however open to other ideas for running standalone games/events as an opportunity to earn the prestige.
    I plan on discussing the idea with Lime to see what we can do for summer, however I make no promises.

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    @ClarinetPhoenix assuming your still keeping this suggestion open for a reason?

8. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,379
    I'm marking this acknowledged and locking.

If anything comes of it I'll do announcements and the like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.