Accepted [Main Server Suggestion] Make Kit Signs give More Signs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RyanBlocks2, Feb 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    In Game Name:
    RyanBlocks2
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Make Kit Signs give More Signs
    What are you suggesting:
    Kit Signs gives 16 signs instead of 8
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Sometimes I need more signs when working with extracreations. This doesn't have any negative impact but saves time finding some wood to make signs.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 RyanBlocks2, Feb 19, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  2. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +968
    I kind of feel like 8 signs every hour is already generous, there's no reason to buff something like this, especially by 8x. If people need more signs wood is literally one of the easiest things to get in the game.

3. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader

Ratings:
    +946
    Had a brainfart when I originally created this and forgot that minecraft only allows you to stack 16 signs. So its not super useful to raise this I suppose.

4. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Yeah -1. Even past the whole 16 stack limit, I have so many signs from /kit sign alone (over a dchest) because I would do the command just for a sign or two because it was available and free, only to store the rest in case I need a lot of signs. If anything, reduce /kit signs to 4 signs per hour instead of 8

5. Unnbearable

Unnbearable Slightly Bearable
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +171
    -1. You technically already get 16 per hour between main and mainnorth which corresponds to the hourly cooldown on the free travelbag. Using the kit every hour on both servers will quickly make you realize how many signs you can get in one day.

6. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader

Ratings:
    +946
    I can already get 200 signs in 30 seconds if I farm them.... People saying this gives you too many easy signs misses the point. It is just a convenience thing.

7. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I think I'm missing your point with the "convince" thing. For me, I feel this would be an anti-convince thing since. The command was made for and used for Lift Signs, Bridges, and all those other things in the feature pack. Eight signs can make four mechanisms, which I doubt players would make four within an hour. And this is based off one server per hour; as mentioned, with MN, that's a stack of signs per hour. You can make the case for chest shops needing the signs, but you would be collecting a lot of wood anyway for the chests.

And tbh, I think it would be more inconvenient if we get more signs. Most of the time, when I personally run /kit signs, I don't need all eight signs and end up throwing the rest out. Adding more signs in the kit would just cause more of them to be thrown out or stored in chests, causing more space to be taken up (and with the stack maxing at 16, that will add up).

So I would like to know how would this be more convenient, especially when wood is one of the easiest things to obtain if someone somehow needs more than 8 of 16 signs in less than an hour (made easier with /kit starter giving half a stack of logs). Yes, running one command to get more signs would be technically more convenient if you need a lot of signs. but as it stands right now, getting more than 8 signs past /kit signs doesn't take as much more effort or time as the suggestion makes it out to be (maybe a few extra seconds, especially with other features)

8. Pixel75

Pixel75 Lucky EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +435
    -1 it's fine as is so not need to add more @RyanBlocks2 man.

9. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader

Ratings:
    +946
    This makes no sense. It is inconvenient to you because you have more left over signs? You don't want 9 signs instead of 1 because it will fill your storage faster?

If you don't need the leftover signs then do /sell sign. Problem solved. No one is making you store them. The only way this is more inconvenient is if you use exactly 8 signs every time.

#9 RyanBlocks2, Feb 20, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  10. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I get that. I throw them on the ground because for how much they sell for (iirc $0.10 each), it’s easier to toss on the ground then typing the command out for like $1.50 at the most. My point of that message was that with 8 signs as is, most people don’t use them all within an hour as is and either toss them, sell them, or store them.

All I’m really asking in that is for you to explain how it is convenient to have more signs as:
    1.) Most of the time when people run /kit signs, they don’t use all 8 signs within an hour (the kit cooldown time)
    2.) Wood is one of the cheapest and easiest materials to obtain, especially when those who use a lot of signs within an hour are typically people making chest shops and would gather wood for chests/barrels

If you are saying that we are all missing the point and it is a convenience thing, then show us how this would be more convenient than what is possible. I apologize in advance if I missed it in the original suggestion. I want to see how it can be more convenient adding more signs, but I don’t see it right now

11. Zedoker

Zedoker ~|Huggable Ex-GameAdmin & Ex-Tomkfc Lover|~
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,312
    Honestly +1 to 16 signs in the kit

if /kit water gives a full stack of ice i dont see why /kit signs cant give a full stack of signs
    Goes to the saying of “i paid for these signs damnit”

#11 Zedoker, Feb 20, 2022
  12. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader

Ratings:
    +946
    Originally the suggestion was to make /kit signs give 64 signs however as soon as I posted it I remembered that a stack of signs is 16 signs. 16 is not too different from 8 so it may not be super beneficial.

Overall this just makes it a little more likely for /kit signs to provide enough signs to complete a task without having to collect more. Specifically when building houses I make several lifts and often use signs for decorations.

Not a world changing suggestion but it is very easy to do, and I don't see any harm in it.

13. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Honestly, I didn’t know you changed it to 16. I thought it was still suggesting 64 (the way threads work is I see the next unread post on a thread, so I never saw the edit nor scrolled up to see if it was edited).

I can get behind 16 signs per /kit, so +1

• Like Like x 1
    • Thonk Thonk x 1
    • List
    #13 Jdawger, Feb 20, 2022
  14. communism1

communism1 Kingfish
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    +1. 16 signs is a nice quality of life improvement for people to quickly get signs for extcreations. This would have no effect on the economy, and just makes sense.

15. coow_coow

coow_coow Shiny Staff
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    + 1 for a stack of 16 signs - this will be far more convenient - I can get 2 stacks of ice on command but only 8 signs big sad :(

16. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    -1 the extra 0.24$/hour would be the straw that breaks the economy’s back

17. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Marked In-progress.

18. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    /kit signs now gives 16 oak signs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.