Denied [Main Server Suggestion] Lower Nether Star Cost for Star Shop

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ajp79, Jun 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    In Game Name:
    Ajp79
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Lower Nether Star Cost for Star Shop
    What are you suggesting:
    Review and look at current Nether Star prices for all Star Items. Currently due to the significant nerf of XP gained on main due to Magic Items. For most players new and old.. without the expense of Magic Items the XP/Nether Star grind is pretty far fetched.. Even with max tools and massive spawners setups XP gain is very minimal causing Nether Stars to be difficult to obtain.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    With Magic becoming the new meta for the economy there are a lot of non P2W players who are potentially being left out. By making Star tools more accessible it will give them more incentive to grind and stay on the server, eventually spending USD for other means/features. With the 30% economy nerf Star tools are not going to make a huge difference in the economy unless you are a magic player. We are starting to see that now in areas like mining and fishing.. Haven’t heard much about farming, wood, etc.. Magic players are already going to be insanely rich as it is so what harm will that do? For other players it will offer a chance at making more ECD. In the current situation there it is more likely many players will become bored of the “grind” and eventually give up and leave.. I think a better balance may bring more old players back and keep newer players around for much longer..
    Other information:
    I thought it may be a good idea to start a discussion here rather then the thread over in general. I know there have been other suggestions like increasing XP drops and maybe decreasing the 500 XP cost of Nether Stars.. My hope is that as a suggestion, maybe more players will chime in and give more feedback.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    None I think.. Just changing Nether Star prices…
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 ajp79, Jun 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  2. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I'd rather see us reimplement vanilla exp drops and go from there as far as nether star conversion and tool costs (even if it means making tools more "expensive" in the end).

I definitely agree that less "relative" work is needed to obtain star tools (hundreds of hours of grinding? lol)

However I think that our current custom exp config adversely affects new players. Tool costs are pretty abstract to new players and they usually won't judge them (nor can they accurately anyway since they don't know the details of our custom xp) but they absolutely know that we're nerfing XP drops.

Nerfing vanilla gameplay so our high tier paid gameplay looks good literally always looks bad.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. MocaBear

MocaBear Just a Dog
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +410
    basically agree with this.... I think having previous XP where you get more than 1xp per mob etc, on NON magic days & then the current xp on magic days (so magic tools dont break xp market even worse tahn currently are) could be ideal. but I'm not sure how easy that would be to implement.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +912
    I agree that increasing xp drops would help, I just don’t see a way to balance this with Magic.. It would make magic tools crazy on Magic days with do gains.. I also think having to recode xp on 2 days a month seems like a lot of work.. Maybe reinstating Vanilla XP server wide and maybe nerfing the Magic items so it stays balanced could be another option but then you have the problem with Magic owners.. Idk.. could be worth as they also benefit from the vanilla drops.

To be honest I’m interested in hearing from players who may already have star items.. I’m curious on the xp/ecd per hr they are seeing. All I can speak to is related to max tools in normal everyday situations.

I did some minor testing and came up withsome very rough estimates.

Mining - two picks eff5 with for3 and silk and aitoswitcher.. max was 8-10k ecd and roughly 800 xp in a hour. I’ve done about 3-4 hrs of mining. No features..

fishing - Max pole Lure3 in Luke warm biome in a boat. 6-8k 400 xp hr.. Not sure if the xp is accurate.. Didn’t seem like I was getting much if any.. Only done a few hours of fishing here and there.

Farming appears to be getting better results with fort 3.. But I have not tested myself. I hear anywhere from 8k-22k hr with semi auto wheat farms. Interested to hear some feedback..

Mob farming - Max loot 3 smite5 sweep3 on a single skelly spawner setup. I gave up after 30mins. Not even worth mentioning.. Mob farming is only worth the time with massive spawner setups and features.. Even then 20-25k ecd and roughly 5000k xp per hour.. It does increase with higher swords mcmmo and with using both smite5 and sharp5 together.

#4 ajp79, Jun 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  5. marpepper

marpepper Builder
    Builder ⛰️

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 for this idea.

6. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    Lower star tools to 1500. not 2200.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +912
    Maybe offer the ability to buy Star/God Crates with a lower amount of stars… Like 500 or so.. If players want to test their luck and risk the odds? Just a thought…

8. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    I think that would just put too many tools into the eco, bring it to the roots and make them 1500 a piece also maybe make sure that these tools make more money than a max fortune pickaxe *COUGH star rod*

9. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +912
    Still… under normal circumstances currently even 1500 Nether stars would take way too long.. Keep in mind most players are grinding 1-2 spawners. If I just joined realized I had to XP grind 8hrs a day for 256 days strait just to get 1 Star item I would prob leave.

I get we want them to be rare.. But to make them basically unattainable for the avg player just seems a bit much. We are really only talking about a minimal increase in ECD per her for most.. Yeah sure there are players that will make more due to feats and what not. But even then when you look at XP gains for these players it’s still way too low.. Idk.. I know it’s has to be the right balance.. 1500 may be a good start.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Nicklepot18

Nicklepot18 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +41
    This makes alot of sense because exp was nerfed only because of op magic tools, but with the slight elimination and controlling of those tools vanilla exp drops would be much better.

11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Not touching this whatsoever at this time seeing as I have plans to add voting prizes which include netherstars very soon. Feel free to re open the discussion two months after voting has been up.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #11 andrewkm, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.