Denied [Main Server Suggestion] Lifetime Earnings

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bbridgeee, Dec 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbridgeee

bbridgeee President
    President ⛰️⛰️

Ratings:
    +3
    In Game Name:
    bbridgeee
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Lifetime Earnings
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting a way to see your lifetime earnings in ECC, from when you first joined the server and started with $0. This is not your current balance, but instead how much money total you have made on ECC. This would count any income you have received whether it be from selling items, trading, contests, jobs, gifts, etc. Any positive amount of money that has gone into your account.

The lifetime earnings would be how much money you've made, as if you haven't spent money on anything at all. You wouldn't have access to use any of that money, but it would just be an informational tool. This could be implemented as an addition onto the "tab" menu, or it could be used via a /command.

Example:
    Current Balance: $325,847.32
    Lifetime Earnings: $2,583,907.86
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I think it will be a good idea to be able to see how much money you have made total in ECC. You can look at the number and see how far you've come from starting at $0 when you first started. I think it would be interesting to be able to see the total amount of money you've made.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 bbridgeee, Dec 2, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
  2. Riggs316

Riggs316 The Ultimate Rigger
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +769
    If this were possible, when would it start counting for players? There are many people on the server that have been here for 10+ years, and there have been multiple map resets. That'd be a *lot* of numbers to dredge up, if it was even feasible.

As cool as it would be, I think it'd simply be too much work for honestly not enough gain.

3. bbridgeee

bbridgeee President
    President ⛰️⛰️

Ratings:
    +3
    if it is possible, it would start from the beginning when you first had $0. but i do understand it might be difficult and some players have played 10+ years ago and gotten reset completely to $0 again.

I was hoping there would be an easy way to do it similar to how the balance system works. However, if everyone's balances get reset after a map reset, then it could start the lifetime balance when the last reset was. For example if it were implemented now, it could start at the most recent time the map was reset, and then either could reset along with the map every time, or could now keep that balance for future resets if it can't be applied retroactively.

#3 bbridgeee, Dec 2, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
  4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,098
    This is not something we can easily do in any way seeing as we've been around for 12+ years now.
    This would possibly be the biggest project we've ever coded/implemented, and I see no point in investing time & money into something that serves no purposes other than satisfying curiosity.

#4 andrewkm, Dec 3, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.