Denied [Main Server Suggestion] Boost Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ishanv, Apr 29, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ishanv

Ishanv King of Trivia Ex-SuperMod
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +176
    In Game Name:
    Ishanv
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Boost Suggestion
    What are you suggesting:
    Since magic shears have basically 0 functionality at this point, boosting wool to l3 should give not just the ability to sell hand at higher values, but give it maybe a 1 in a million or a very low chance of dropping a random magic tool or item. Once the player activates this very low chance, they would then have to click a button to confirm on the screen to show that they are actually active while sheep grinding. This would be yet another way of "gambling" and would inspire many different unique farms to be built.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    This would give a functionality to magic shears and would completely change the meta of grinding, as sheep farms would become more prominent and it wouldn't be the same old instance of melon farming, mob grinding, and autofishing. This also would be difficult to do while afk as it requires you to be there to receive the item. It also offers a unique way of making money for top level players who are there just for the rng of dropping an insane item. The odds of which magic item or tool dropped could be still based on the god drop odds as well.

This also helps take money out of the economy, as many players will gravitate towards this rng tactic of making money rather than the assured 100-150k an hour guaranteed from melon farming just to see if they can get lucky.
    Other information:
    I understand that this might take a lot of coding, but I believe that it would provide a lot of benefits, such as giving magic shears purpose and inventing a new way to "gamble". This may also create a lot of bugs and testing consequently but I think it's worth it.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Custom addition
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. beeliebub

beeliebub bing bong
    Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +1,002
    I think something for boosted wool that would make sheep farming better would be really awesome, but I really don't like the idea of just dropping magic tools for shearing sheep. It seems way too overpowered, regardless of odds placed on it, for just sitting and clicking sheep

3. Ishanv

Ishanv King of Trivia Ex-SuperMod
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +176
    I do understand your concern with this, but think about it. People could spend hours on end grinding just to get one magic tool drop and it would be a magic bow or a magic shears that would be completely not worth their time. But, the thing that will keep people willing to keep farming wool and sheep is that chance of pulling an insane magic arrow item or magic rod, magic melon sword worth 10 million that would make it worth their time. It's the same logic that keeps people coming back to buy god drops.

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,103
    After discussion, this has far too many complications attached to it, and is not something we are going to implement.
    Furthermore, encouraging more mobs (entities) is not very wise from a performance stand point.
    As well, I'm sure many magic item/tool owners wouldn't want these just randomly dropping after they worked hard to get them.

#4 andrewkm, Sep 26, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.