Denied [Main Server Suggestion] Allow Feed in End with Cooldown

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GeorgiePOORgie, Feb 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgiePOORgie

GeorgiePOORgie Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +137
    In Game Name:
    StoveRepairs
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Allow Feed in End with Cooldown
    What are you suggesting:
    Allow access to the /feed command in the End. $25 USD for the /feed command but its blocked in the End. I know the End should be a competitive area with PvP but the /feed command could be limited to a high cooldown. I feel awfully dumb spending so much real money then realizing I still have to chomp down on pork chops in the End. It works in the Nether, Main, and Mining. Why not the End? Alternatively there could be a /kit food with /feed? $25 seems steep considering we already have invincibility flags in towns.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Additional reason to go to the End. Give people more of a reason to buy /feed
    Other information:
    If the reason is because of PvP, the Nether allows /feed. :)
    Plugin or custom addition:
    n/a
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    ITT: I feel dumb because I didn't read the description

3. Fr0zenTiger

Fr0zenTiger Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,109,910
    Ratings:
    +694
    +1, but with a cooldown because it would be used waaay to much otherwise probably :)

4. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,356
    -1 let’s not make the end easier. Bring food, no problem

5. Lodogg

Lodogg Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +36

I strongly agree with StoveRepairs. This is actually the main reason I haven’t gotten the feed donation. It’s a donation that we are paying real money for to eliminate ever having to eat in the game again. The donation is near useless, in the main world most towns have the instability flag (Plenty of people who will set it for free). The only useful case is if you spend most your time in the mining world. I mean yes you can bring food in the end, but then you can also bring it in the main/mining. I think StoveRepairs has a solid point.

6. Lodogg

Lodogg Builder

Ratings:
    +36
  7. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Moderator ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +360
    We just removed fly from the end, and the whole point of the end is to be difficult. No features or enchants on tools work there. Because it's goal was to be a challenge and this would take away danger from damage because of stamina healing I have to

If this were to be applied as manual only with an xx min cool down I could be persuaded to change.

#7 FuriuosGeorge, Feb 26, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  8. Lodogg

Lodogg Builder

Ratings:
    +36
    A cool down would be cool. I feel like the end is boring how it is right now. The only fun time is the first day after a reset. I feel like if the feed command had like a five-ten minute cool down it would even be worth it in the end(People who thinks it's to easy with it can just not use the command/buy the donation).

Still a +1 for me. :D

9. icbomber38

icbomber38 I can't complain but sometimes I still do
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    -1 as well. Bring a stack or two of meat.

I think there are other possible ways to make the end less boring...I used to spend a decent amount of time in there farming but I could easily make more money mining in the same amount of time with little to no fear of death, hunger, running out of storage, etc. If you want more people in there making it more interesting, up the ante on the value of the stuff you can pull from there. (TBH, that probably doesn't even help all that much)

10. WeirdBuilder

WeirdBuilder Former StrangeAdmin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,055
    For reference, using Nether PVP as justification for including feed in the End is simply absurd given that:
    1) There's no late-game moneymaking methods like Chorus Farming in the Nether.
    2) True PVP hasn't existed in the Nether since 2012 as a result of power-creep through the addition of features (Fly+, Investigator (Vanish), TombstonePlus, PyroPlus, etc). The mindset behind this suggestion just exacerbates the issue.

This is untrue. TombstonePlus2 is currently available in the End (which ruins PVP entirely for other reasons), and enchanted tools work perfectly fine there.

There's a reason why feed is disabled in the end: because it's supposed to be a competitive PVP environment. If you're familiar with competitive PVP, you'd know how relevant food (and more importantly, saturation) is to winning engagements. Given that the End is built on this general premise of a competitive PVP environment which rewards high-risk scenarios and goes so far as to remove the fly feature to support this theme, then it'd seem to reason that including the feed feature would be entirely contrary to the whole concept of the End.

It's bad enough that tombstone is available in this world, we don't need to make it even easier. -1.

#10 WeirdBuilder, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,113
    Denying this based on the discussion in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.