Lost Armor during Server Change or durning logout/login

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Commander_HK47, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Commander_HK47

Commander_HK47 ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +29
    As of about an hour ago i noticed that like Spuz's recent bug report, i have lost my magic armor set on my person when switching between servers or after logging out and back in. The Iast time i moved the armor was from ME back to MN via travel bag to farm on our nether wart farm earlier this morning. I think i hopped between servers at some point during the day briefly, but i did not take my armor with me via travel bag since coming to MN.

Varahdel said that he noticed i wasn't wearing armor when he came to our town to help us with a project a few hours after i came to MN to farm Nwart.

I nor two other people can locate my armor set in any of our chest, and i do not recall taking it off and putting in a chest at any point either as it stays on my person or TB for server hops. I also have the Q key unbound so i did not mistakenly throw it on the ground (i would have had to drag each piece out of my inventory manually).

Additionally, i have checked ender chest and TB on all 3 main servers, and have not found these missing items on any of them as well.

Magic Boots II (Named: Magic Boots II)
    #KI6XUB75

Magic Pants II (Named: Pants II)
    #KJZX7ZH1

Magic Jacket II (Named: Jacket Helmet II)
    #KJOVRO4Z

Magic Helmet I (Named: Magic Helmet II)
    #KJOVRJU7

#1 Commander_HK47, Jan 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  2. Johndomx

Johndomx Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +60
    This may be related, I was in a disguise as a bee, I teleported back to my Nwart farm.

My magic armor was in a chest, I took out my armor and equipped.

I noticed my boots where damaged slightly, so I unequipped boots, typed /erepair and opened my inventory

Upon opening my inventory, my helmet, chest and legs, where gone....

I typed undisguise to view my character in third person to see if the armor was still equipped

Panicked and clicked inventory again to reassure myself.

Armor appeared back.

I don't understand how this is possible, I understand this might make little sense, but I feel this might be related.

This happened literally 3 minutes ago.

If this did not reappear, I would be filing the same bug report.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #2 Johndomx, Jan 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  3. Commander_HK47

Ratings:
    +29
    I think i may have played around with disguise earlier after moving back to MN, but i tried your steps and it did not return my items back to my inventory or equiped.

4. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    All these items were last seen at the same time at the same place.
    Via MainNorth, just before that it was moved from MainEast via TravelBag.
    There are no more log lines for these items since.

Magic Boots II (Named: Magic Boots II)
    #KI6XUB75
    Code:
    [10:14:13] Player: Commander_HK47 | dd88c077-c02a-44cc-ac44-2e15528c5b65 moved an Owned item into their inventory or moved an item within another inventory. | ID: #KI6XUB75 Item Unique ID at World: CraftWorld{name=rising_n} X/Y/Z: -504/70/14508
    Magic Pants II (Named: Pants II)
    #KJZX7ZH1
    Code:
    [10:14:13] Player: Commander_HK47 | dd88c077-c02a-44cc-ac44-2e15528c5b65 moved an Owned item into their inventory or moved an item within another inventory. | ID: #KJZX7ZH1 Item Unique ID at World: CraftWorld{name=rising_n} X/Y/Z: -504/70/14508
    Magic Jacket II (Named: Jacket Helmet II)
    #KJOVRO4Z(the ID here actually has O's, not zeros)
    Code:
    [10:14:13] Player: Commander_HK47 | dd88c077-c02a-44cc-ac44-2e15528c5b65 moved an Owned item into their inventory or moved an item within another inventory. | ID: #KJOVRO4Z Item Unique ID at World: CraftWorld{name=rising_n} X/Y/Z: -504/70/14508
    Magic Helmet I (Named: Magic Helmet II)
    #KJOVRJU7 (also an O here, not a 0)
    Code:
    [10:14:12] Player: Commander_HK47 | dd88c077-c02a-44cc-ac44-2e15528c5b65 moved an Owned item into their inventory or moved an item within another inventory. | ID: #KJOVRJU7 Item Unique ID at World: CraftWorld{name=rising_n} X/Y/Z: -504/70/14508

5. Commander_HK47

Ratings:
    +29
    Thanks Clar for starting the process of looking into this and then noticing the O's where not 0's, (I'm so used to most serial numbers never using O's).

6. Commander_HK47

Ratings:
    +29
    Just curious what are the next steps in recovering my lost items that were glitched out by the server?

Thanks,

#6 Commander_HK47, Jan 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  7. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    You wait for andrew

8. Commander_HK47

Ratings:
    +29
    Alrightly then.

9. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    This was simply a visual client-sided glitch.
    Nothing to worry about when it comes to disguises and armor.

@Commander_HK47
    We will need some sort of reproduction steps to track these down.
    You may use regular cheap armor to attempt to reproduce this issue. Without a bug verification/fix we are unable to return items unfortunately.
    Please let us know what you find. I've currently tried everything possible and cannot get armor like this to disappear.

I'll place this into our developer examination tracker as well, however no promises this will yield anything.

#9 andrewkm, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  10. destroyer2441

destroyer2441 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +84
    andrew I don't know if this is the case for commander but for SirSpuzzy only the magic stuff disappeared from his inventory. Non magic items (ie the fish he caught) were still there. Also the rod was gone which was not in the armor slot. I thought I was add this sorry if it is not helpful.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Commander_HK47

Ratings:
    +29
    I came back to Main North from Main East after placing my armor in to my travel bag that morning. Once on MN i took the armor out and used it on myself to farm Nwarts for a few hours at our town farm and to do other town build stuff. After around noon or 1PM my time CST i believe. It was stated by another player Varahdel that he noticed i wasn't wearing my armor anymore around this time when i was selling him a set of level 1 netherite armor he just paid for. ( putting the armor in a shulker box, and then doing /own varahdel on the four pieces, then putting them back in for him to take) that he is currently wearing (all level I armor and netherite but a different set than from mine).

I was sure that i did not take off my own armor or and place it in any chest or remove it from my person as there was not needed, and i don't store the armor in a chest anyways.

Never the less we (Varah, John, and I) looked through all of our chest and inventories (M, MN, ME - TB, EC, ground) to see if it got moved to one of them some how, but was not able to locate it the 4 peaces of armor in question.

I then submitted this bug report shortly after this issue took place and after we completed our search (30mins -1 hour later).

Clar later followed up in this thread with her logs search results showing that the items moved in the way i described: ME >TB>MN>my player Inv and thats where she says the logs say they last updated. If i put them in a chest or on the ground, i think your logs would also show that too correct?

Since then, i've been trying to see if i can reproduce this issue but it hasn't happened again, but i also don't have another set of Netherite Magic I, II armor to test with, and did not want to test with some one else's set because that seemed to risky.

I am not sure what else i can do on my end, but am open to suggestions/testing whatever is needed.

#11 Commander_HK47, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  12. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    Probably getting a lvl1 magic armor piece and reproducing the issue on video :)

13. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    @ClarinetPhoenix will be returning these armor pieces to you while we investigate. @Commander_HK47
    Furthermore, while we code our ToolHunter feature, we are now also implementing a blacklist. This means should a blacklisted (returned) item every be found and moved, staff will get an immediate ALERT sparking an investigation into attempting to dupe tools by reporting them missing.

@ClarinetPhoenix please keep a list of blacklisted tools - once our new system is launched I will ask you for this list so that I may insert it into the database.

14. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Commander_HK47 has been issued a new armor set.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. electronicboy

Developer Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +46
    This is somewhat of a complex issue, I've been over the code on my end and knowing what's been changed over the past god knows how long leaves me to some level of confusion as to how this could even occur

There was another thread where somebody hinted to the ender stuff in chat, but, that's not touching inventories in a relevant way, it's just copying data from the inventories

I have some theories on this, I know that random rollbacks have been reported all the way from vanilla for the past too many years, and have recently had a few cases where even on my local testing server I've seen some odd behavior which will definitely need look into deeper but this is a complex issue, however.

My understanding of the issue bears no relevance to what john is saying, however, if this is replicable, I would like to have concise reproduction instructions (fragile mind) assuming that you can reproduce the issue in some form of consistent manner

On the topic of the toolsearch stuff, if there are missing cases where the logger doesn't pick stuff up, please provide a report, there are going to be limits to how much we do log, 200 pages of logs does nobody any good, etc

• Informative Informative x 6
    • List
    #15 electronicboy, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2021
  16. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    We've done a large amount of investigations into this bug, and there really isn't much we can do unless someone has reproduction steps available. It definitely has absolutely nothing to do with magic armor itself, it is 100% an issue that can happen with any armor.

If anyone can figure out what exactly is going on here using cheap armor it would be very helpful.
    The good news is, we haven't had a single occurrence in weeks now. :)