Denied [Lobby Server Suggestion] Change the lobby design

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by iSneaky, Jun 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iSneaky

iSneaky This is a local server for local people
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,256
    In Game Name:
    iSneaky
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Lobby Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Change the lobby design
    What are you suggesting:
    I realise this is going to be a very controversial suggestion, however, please hear me out, I want to preface this by saying I want to keep our actual lobby design, just make a few changes to it.

The ECC lobby is quite confusing to new users who are on the wrong Minecraft version, as we know if you are not on 1.12.2+ you will get sent to the lobby, when you are there, I often see that people think that is the actual main world server, and they simply wander off from the spawn area looking for somewhere to build, obviously, they won't find that, as it is the lobby, then they simply leave.

From where you spawn in, it is quite hard to tell that you are in the lobby, apart from a hologram that is 30 or so blocks away from you, and can be a little hard to read.

Not all players walk forward when they spawn in, I have seen that the first thing they do is walk a step forward, look either to their left or right to see the rest of the area that they are walking in, then they see stairs, and simply walk off towards them without trying the portals to join our servers.

Let's face it, for someone that is trying to find a new server to join, and they are server hopping every few minutes, they want to get straight into the gameplay as quickly as possible, having the portals so for apart from where you spawn in, isn't ideal, and having to walk 50+ blocks to a portal can be quite time consuming to someone who wants to play.

So, what improvements can be made, well, I think we need to add player models with a hologram above their head stating the servername and the Minecraft version we are on. So we would have a playermodel for each of our servers, in a line, ontop of a quartz platform a few blocks from where we warp into the lobby, when clicking the playermodel to join that server, a message in chat will say you are on the wrong server.
    Please see the image below for an example

Along with the above, perhaps also add a teleportation compass, that users can join servers from, like seen on other servers.

The added benefits of this setup are we can keep our original lobby design, but to the users who are on the wrong server, they will realize a lot quicker that they are on the wrong server, and simply not just walk off, get lost and leave. Another, perhaps future benefit is with these changes, we can start putting people on the lobby server, instead of main, for times of large advertising so Main doesn't fill up as quickly, players will be spread across the servers a little more evenly.

I strongly feel that these changes will help to inform users that they are on the wrong Minecraft version

Plugin or custom addition:
    Cannot for the life of me remember the playermodel plugin :/
    Edit: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/...p_mkAxSG4W_t7sWTH1YkWGu9Jqk4BS_sDNETU6KAVh4hQ
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #1 iSneaky, Jun 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  2. ImpulseIV

ImpulseIV Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +38
    +1 I think this suggestion already says it all. Only reason I would consider -1 this is if it was a lot of development, but if you could just use the plugins that already exist then I can't imagine it is that much work.

3. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    +1, at the very least get that compass thing going, people dont want to run half a mile to enter the server

4. FuryFudge

FuryFudge IDK ask Fury
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,325
    +1 especially to the compass. I am also a big fan of putting people in the lobby when they first join rather than trying to put them on the main servers, and having player models representing the main servers quite close to each other with information on the specific server (especially whether it is currently joinable/full) would be awesome.

5. Lobstre

Lobstre President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +31
    +1 Totally agree. At the very least, it would be a good idea to have portals/information about each server right in front of a player as they spawn in.

6. SisuJaSalmiakki

SisuJaSalmiakki Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +30
    The compass is (for once) a free to use plugin as far as I know.

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I've adjusted the spawn to be right here:
    [​IMG]

PS: I will never use citizens. I rather get naked, hang myself from a tree on a hot summer night with octenol spread all over my inner thighs so the local mosquitos can feast on me. We do not use the word citizens on EcoCityCraft. I'm sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.