List of All Viable and Ideal Farms [Manual, Semi-Automatic and Fully Automatic]

Discussion in 'Skyblock' started by Awesomah, May 25, 2018.

1. Awesomah

Awesomah Me make big moni
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +98
    A list that i had to make before starting build on my island so it wouldn't look ugly. :p

This should be very useful for players who haven't built much on their island yet so they can make a plan of what to build on their island using this list.

Categories: Manual, Semi-Automatic, Fully Automatic, Wither-Based Fully Automatic.

MANUAL

• Oak Log
    • Oak Sapling
    • Apple
    [Xisumavoid's old apple farm tutorial]
    ----------
    • Spruce Log
    • Spruce Sapling
    • Dark Oak Log
    • Dark Oak Sapling
    • Jungle Log
    • Jungle Sapling
    • Apple
    [Plant trees the way that Xisumavoid planted a jungle tree (2x2 saplings) at his Jungle Tree farm tutorial using a water collecting system]
    ----------
    • Acacia Log
    • Acacia Sapling
    [I don't know yet]

• Wheat
    • Seed***
    [Build big farms and harvest using Fortune III tools for extra seed. Extra seed is always better for your pet bird.]
    [Or use a water collecting system if you don't want seed]

• Melon Blocks
    [Build big farms and harvest using a Silk Touch + Efficieny V Axe so you get melons as Blocks and insta-break them. So you can use your redstone to make fully automated Pumpkin farms which is way better than making fully automated Melon farms since it's not as efficient.]

• Mushroom
    • (or) Mushroom Block
    [Build Xisumavoid's 2 minute mushroom tree farm and place a block around 10 blocks above the dirt so your mushroom always grows into trees]
    [Using Fortune III Diamond Axe would allow you to insta-break mushroom blocks and gather more mushroom.]
    [Using Silk Touch Diamond Axe would allow you to get Mushroom Blocks.]

• Cocoa Bean
    [Xisumavoid's Cocoa Bean farm that uses Jungle Log Placing mechanics and water collecting system]

• Nether Wart
    [Xisumavoid's Vertical Nether Wart Farm]

• Chorus Fruit
    • Chorus Flower
    [Xisumavoid's Chorus Fruit farm - Hermitcraft IV 549]

• Gold (Nuggets and Ingots)
    • Rotten Flesh
    [ilmango's overworld gold farm or Redstone Jazz's overworld gold farm]

• Vine
    [Xisumavoid's design]

• Wool
    [Sheep Farm]
    [Make a really big area, make use of MobStacking plugin while preventing different colors of sheep stack each other (i don't know if that's possible).]

• Raw / Cooked Mutton
    [Sheep Farm]
    [Make use of MobStacking plugin, seperate baby sheep from older sheep by dropping the babies to another place and kill them when grown, or find a way to get them automatically killed when grown, which i don't know much about.]

• Leather
    • Raw / Cooked Steak
    • Bucket of Milk
    [Cow Farm]
    [Make use of MobStacking plugin and seperate babies. Kill them when grown or get them automatically killed when grown.]

• Raw / Cooked Porkchop
    [Pig Farm]
    [Make use of MobStacking plugin and seperate babies. Kill them when grown or get them automatically killed when grown.]

SEMI-AUTOMATIC

• Stone
    • Cobblestone
    [ThirtyVirus' Fastest Stone Generator Tutorial - Building only the very bottom part of the machine is enough (considering you have Eff5 + Haste2). Because if you build more than that, the machine will be making so many stone which you will be non-stop breaking, that you will not be able to pickup any of the cobblestone/stone, because of the dropped item entities' stacking plugin.]
    [Don't forget to put the 3 redstone dust on top of each piston.]

• Snowball
    [Place snowman on a soul sand or enchanting table and make the snowman produce 2 or 3 snow at once at least so you can non-stop gather snowballs. If you want more info, check out Mumbo's or Xisumavoid's snow farms. Don't even bother using hoppers they are insanely slow.]

• Fish
    • and other stuff you can get by fishing (Enchanted Book - Saddle - Lily Pad - Tripwire Hook - Bowl - Fishing Rod - Name Tag)
    [Either make a pond and fish in a boat for fun or build a farm that you can use just by holding right-click.]

FULLY-AUTOMATIC

• Carrot
    • Potato
    • Bread
    • Beetrout
    [Unarybit's design, based on Brown Coated Villagers]

• Pumpkin
    [Bizrebellion82's Auto Melon/Pumpkin Farm]
    NOTE: This seems like the best design for this server because it doesn't use any hopper minecarts collecting stuff. I chose this design because i was looking for an Observer-based farm.
    NOTE: I haven't built a fully automatic pumpkin farm on this server yet so i don't know what is the best design and if this design works properly. And i dont know if observers can glitch out sometimes or not. I would appreciate it if you could share your fully automatic pumpkin farm design.

• Sugar Cane
    [A good ol' classic farm using Sugar Canes, redstone dust and pistons placed in a line with many layers and a water collecting system. Use hopper timer to break sugar canes and use pulse extender so pistons stay extended for long enough to let sugar canes fall into water streams without any loss.]

• Cactus
    [Xisumavoid's Minecraft Myth Busting 82 - timestamp: 2.50 - aka the first design. You should be able to see what the farm is made like. It has TopHalfSlabs and fences. Cacti are placed in an efficient way.]

• Egg
    [Place mother chickens into a square water stream that pushes them into the middle. Collect the items via hopper minecart(s) that stand still and make an automatic dispenser to throw all eggs to that place. Let this go on until you have desired amount of chickens in there.]

• Raw / Cooked Chicken
    • Feather
    [Build the same farm as told above. Except, make the dispenser shoot eggs to another water pond which is at least 10 blocks away from the main pond. And kill those chickens in the second pond when they grow. Or get them killed automatically when they grow.]

• Mushroom Farm
    [Build a mushroom farm that uses water collecting system.]

• Rotten Flesh
    • String
    • Spider Eye
    • Gunpowder
    • Bone
    • Arrow
    • and a few: Iron Ingot, Carrot, Potato, Empty Bottle, Sugar, Redstone, Glowstone Dust
    [ilmango's Simple Mob Farm - Collect the mobs that got automatically dropped from the spawning platforms into a 2x2 hopper and slab area using water sources.]

• Ink Sac
    [Squid Farm - Squids spawn anywhere between y:46 to y:62(sea level)]

• Iron Ingot
    • Poppy
    [Build modules of the classic etho iron farms everywhere with at least 64 blocks away from each iron farm or just build a resettable iron farm.]

• Slime
    [100%Awesome's video - Find a slime chunk]
    [ilmango's Very Efficient Slime Farm (this uses magma blocks) (adjust the magma block area to be smaller and put "hopper minecart over or inside a hopper" so you can get all of the items collected. The hopper minecarts don't collect items in this server like they do in that video because hoppers pickup items really slowly). Build a slime farm that does NOT have slimes dying by cactus damage because the drops will most likely get deleted by cactus since hoppers pick up items too slowly on this server.

WITHER-BASED FULLY-AUTOMATIC

• Cobblestone

• Log (any type of Logs, i guess)

QUESTION MARK - The farms that i don't know how to build on this server or that i need help with.
    • Rabbit ?
    • Enderman ?
    • Flower & Seed ?
    • Obsidian ?
    • Ice ?
    • Compact & Semi Automatic --Bonemeal required-- Cocoa Bean / Wheat / Carrot / Potato / Beetrout farms ?

And that's it. Please let me know if there is anything i've missed or anything that should be changed/edited/added/removed. I hope this has helped you out! :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I personally have not been able to get any animal breeding/cooking chamber concepts to be able to work since stacking :-( Even when I named them they still stacked with the babies in the small chamber.
    Since hopper and redstone nerf none of the designs I have work correctly.
    I hope there are those much smarter than me that will share new concepts here.

3. freddyagogog

freddyagogog Ex-SMod
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $71,112
    Ratings:
    +512
    You are the best. This is such a good work with very important information! Thanks @Awesomah !

4. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    I can build just about any farm you need/want...

Personally I’m a bigger fan of micro farms for most crops... requires a good amount of bonemeal but I get plenty with 2 mob farms...

I have 2-3 different mob farm designs I generally use.. mostly known designs that I have tweaked with my own Redstone knowledge.

So yeah... if it involves Redstone I can help.

I have built several farms and generators for many on Skyblock.. as well as shared various clock designs to improve builds.

I’m always willing to help. If you want specific builds that take resources and time.. I will charge a fee just to make it worth my while. Mainly anything that may take 1-2 hours or more..

This is a great thread! Awesome Idea.

5. EMACheung

EMACheung Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +10
    Great summary! Always like seeing what others have chosen

I’m a fan of thirtyvirus’s stone generator. It can be tweaked a little to minimize Redstone signals and I used all 3 levels (15 generators). I do run into the 500 cap at times especially when other clocks or farms kick in but I only lose 1 generator for a bit so it’s worth it for me. Do need to add some simple Redstone to basically turn it on and off and reset it as sometimes the clocks turn off if the generator is unloaded/reloaded.

I focused on auto farms mostly to trade with villagers. I went with clock based piston farms (hopper or daylight sensor) rather than observer as a trade off between yield efficiency and space/resource efficiency for sugar cane, melon and pumpkin. In the end, they make more than I can realistically trade with villagers. I also use villager wheat farms but farm carrots and potatoes with a fortune III tool although using villager farms for all 3 probably makes more sense time wise.

My cactus and squid farms make more than I could possible ever use.

A lot of my money comes from my mob grinder. I too have used a couple different designs that use clocks and water flushing.

Once again. Great thread.

6. crowfeather2001

crowfeather2001 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

EcoDollars:
    $640,397
    Ratings:
    +237
    @Awesomah Great thread! Very informative and useful. As far as the farms you don't know about, Ice, rabbit and Flowers/Seed are actually pretty easy to farm.

With ice you need to create almost an "ice tray" in either a snowy biome or above freezing level in the sky. (I will post links to these farms) It also requires Silk Touch and will re-fill itself so you can continually harvest ice.

With rabbits you need to create a farm that drops the babies down to a "holding cell" with an opening of less than half a block.
    NOTE: Rabbit farms will not be a possibility in Skyblock.

Flower/Seed farms are more involved per say as you need a skelly spawner to produce bonemeal. Using the bonemeal and a rigged set of pistons and grass you can auto-bonemeal the grass and break it with the moving pistons.

LINKS:

Ice Farm

Rabbit Farm

Flower Farm

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
    #6 crowfeather2001, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  7. OniFox_

OniFox_ Long live Valaria
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +572
    I can help you with the obsidian farm @Awesomah as you are helping me with villagers :)

#7 OniFox_, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  8. Awesomah

Awesomah Me make big moni
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +98
    Thank you for the kind offer but i'm not interested in obsidian farming. I do it the old fashion way when i need some. But it would be really helpful if you could share your ideas on obsidian farming with videos are photos under this post so more people could make use of it :)

Also i will definitely add my design of obsidian farming (it's not semi-automatic tho. It's the manual obby farm design i've mentioned to you in game) when i think i can.

9. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I am trying to find a new way to semi-auto obsidian. I had a pretty good design, however, the hopper nerf wiped out my timing and I have not had the time to figure out a new one.

10. EMACheung

EMACheung Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +10
    my last semi auto obsidian generator broke as well when hopper timing changed.

My latest isn't quite as efficient but worked well enough for my gold farm. I'm guessing it could be tweaked some.

I just run a redstone signal thru the obsidian that gets inverted before getting to the dispenser.

and a sorter under the dispenser for the empty buckets

#10 EMACheung, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018