Is it better to sell ore, or fort3 it yourself? I've answered that question!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cida, Sep 10, 2019.

1. cida

cida true blue full grown fair dinkum fkn aussie
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +46
    In trying to maximise my profit from mining with my eff7, I ended up making a spreadsheet that reflects some interesting data, primarily:
    • the most profitable way to mine & sell each ore type (whether that be to sell the raw ore, or to fort3 it first yourself)
    • the best playershops to sell ores & gems at (I keep an updated list of all major playershop prices for all ores and gems)
    Now go and check it out! There's lots of helpful info contained within the spreadsheet to explain the relevant data.

Links:
    • Google Sheets direct link: here
    • Tiny url: here (I don't make money from this in any way, just providing in case you have issues with the direct link - when I try and send the direct link in chat ingame, it doesn't seem to work)

If you have any questions, queries, issues, or requests, leave a comment!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #1 cida, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  2. cida

Ratings:
    +46
    Changelog:
    11/09/19: added new sheet 'Main vs. MainNorth Data', for visualizing price differences between Main/MainNorth.
    11/09/19: added new sheet 'SuperBreaker Stats', for calculating whether it is worthwhile to fort3 your ores with SuperBreaker, from a time investment perspective, rather than a cost perspective.
    22/09/19: updated prices. wow, MN prices are terrible right now.
    28/09/19: MainNorth prices updated.
    28/09/19: Added new price visualization tools. M/MN prices are on par, it's good to see this.

#2 cida, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  3. samiwarbler

samiwarbler Sheep Queen
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +552
    This is sticky material right here. Props on doing the math.

4. FuryFudge

FuryFudge IDK ask Fury
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,325
    I am looking forward to the Superbreaker Stats, because I have always wondered whether it is more profitable to fortune ores and sell the gems/exp or if it is more profitable to sell fortunable ores and keep Eff 7 mining in the time it would have taken to fortune all the ores. Personally I think it makes more money to just sell all the ores and keep Eff 7 mining, but hopefully the Superbreaker stats can shed some light on it!

5. icbomber38

icbomber38 I can't complain but sometimes I still do
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    what about using zr202's toolswitch mod? seems like that makes the fortuning worth it, especially with the exp. Presuming you have an eff7 of course.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. CrispyChipotle

CrispyChipotle Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +8
    What a quality post. I'm not ready for Eff7 yet but I'm a miner and will be there one day so this is really great stuff man.

7. cida

Ratings:
    +46
    Yes. For the ores that are more profitable to sell as gems, this would be the best setup.

There are only two issues:
    • The mod uses Forge, and I, like a number of other players, use Rift/other frameworks, which cannot be dual loaded with Forge.
    • Depending on current market prices, it may be more profitable to sell certain blocks in their ore form, and therefore, should not be mined using a fort3. I don't believe the mod allows you to select which ores get "tool switch'd"?

8. icbomber38

icbomber38 I can't complain but sometimes I still do
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    Yeah, for sure. I use a second profile when I mine so I can use the tool. I also can't be too bothered with keeping track of all the different prices, that can take as much time as mining! ;)