Denied In-game based stocks

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RedCobra19, Jun 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedCobra19

RedCobra19 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Minecraft Name: Redcobra19

Suggestion: Add in an in-game based stock system

Reason: I noticed that there was a stock system in place that was for real life stocks but I always wondered if we can make EcoCityCraft have an in-game based stock system where players can sell stock from their towns, nations and even companies (if that was ever added in). This way it makes things more competitive and rather a very interesting change to how it may be played.

Stock value would rise mainly through points. These points can add in to rare item blocks and how many players are in the towns. Or it can be set up where the more activity in the town there is, the more higher the price range of stocks. It's still a fresh idea but I thought I would inform you guys about it.

Any Other Information: None

Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?: None

2. kevinwelch2001

kevinwelch2001 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +164
    Would be hard to implement however the great news is me and some others run a in game stock market.

3. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,077
    hm... This sounds pretty hard to do but very interesting. +1

4. Vintage_Gamer

Vintage_Gamer Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,219
    This would be way too confusing I think. The stocks on the forums are enough, I don't feel like they need to be added in game. I'm also curious as to how it would actually work. Anyways, for now -1

5. RedCobra19

RedCobra19 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    But what if all stock was based on a 100 points? There would be a billboard that will show the prices of the towns. If someone buys all 100 stock from that town, they would have ownership of that town but cannot manage it. Basically they can make a levy on the towns earnings as profit. The stocks themselves will rise in price as they are bought more and more. Stock can only be sold if the original owner sells the stock and has it open for takers.

I believe if someone owns a certain portion of stock, they would get a certain privilege to that town, depending on how much stock they buy.

6. 314

314 Irrational Moderator, former ServerAdmin
    Moderator EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $2,400,000
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    I buy a lot of shares of an empty town I own, place a few stacks of diamond blocks, add a few dozen people on /rg i, sell my shares at a greatly increased value, remove all members, remove all diamond blocks, repeat infinitely until I am extremely rich?

7. RedCobra19

RedCobra19 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    It could be based on that but it's just an idea that may not have that included but rather the price increases by how often its bought for.

8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    A server based stock market for player run entities isn't feasible. Too many variables for too many different types of businesses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.