Denied Horse/Donkey Scenic Freeway System for ECC

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheTrailMaker, Dec 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTrailMaker

TheTrailMaker Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    I remember falling in love with the freeways of my area when i was young and continue to grow in such interest to this day with US highways, even having the courage to suggest that the entire community get involved in this suggested project, even if it is only for decoration :p. What I propose with the advantage of the 1.12 World of Color update is to utilize those decorative blocks called concrete and use certain colors as pavement for a massive highway system that will connect major and minor jurisdictions of the game alike based on the creative and/or necessary interest of each of the residents of each and every community. Hi, I am TheTrailMaker, and I shall elaborate on the idea more deeply.

This proposed network of roads that can more easily transport animals and players on horses around or whatever the community feels like doing with it will work in a way similar to the United States system of freeways called the Interstate Highway System.
    • North/South routes will be numbered oddly, while East/West routes will be numbered evenly, with smaller numbers in the Southwest and growing in a Northeasterly direction from there on a modern day Minecraft seed map.
    • Depending on where a stretch of road is, at least four lanes will always be present in the areas that will be least traveled. There is room to expand the lanes on those routes if, for some strange reason, congestion becomes a problem at one stretch.
    • Each exit will be numbered in a perfectly-counted numerical order with the same concept in numbering as the N/S/E/W system of route numbering, except that the initial exit numbers may have to be changed from time to time as exits are added or removed.
    • As for the general resources, the following is a item key for the function that each item shall be used for:
      • Black Concrete - freeway land tar put together in a 3-block wide lane
      • White Concrete - same-direction lane sepatrators (3 of them in one parallel row to its road mean changeable; one block warns of immediate change to another lane or exit is coming up; solid white means no change is allowed at that point)
      • Yellow Concrete - no passing of this line is ever allowed
      • Cobblestone Fence - acts as a barrier that keeps traffic in the same area; also as a glowstone lamppost holder and a freeway sign holder
      • Glowstone - night lamp
      • Light Gray Concrete - acts as pavement for the bridges
      • Gray Concrete - acts as the bridge supporter of some kind (normally pillars)
      • Green Concrete - acts as a signpost holder for freeway information
      • Signpost - Serves many functions in describing certain situations like the route number

"And how will this be implemented?", you may ask. I will let the suggestion be a suggestion as to how interested the community is for them. I have a few ideas, including a draft of the implementation plan.

Firstly, let this post be agreeable by many with a through discussion with amending details including, but not exclusive to, the placement of the network from underground to sky and ground-level. Then let the community scan and survey the server for possible road connections. Then find ways to carve the network around whatever exists in the route's desired path. And then, let the building of such commence.

Now let the creativity kick in as the roads are designed to safely allow horses to ride non-stop for, if possible, 120 km/hr. Add some awe-inspiring scenery as the network is developed and built, underground, ground-level, or high up in the sky. Do not forget the two main servers as well. Give it some time and dedication. And instead of just sticking with the already-stated ideas, innovate even more with different ideas and designs, even to pay dedication-based wages to those involved. By some time, the two main servers could be booming with highways leading players to even unheard-of locations.

But hey, that is just a suggestion. All I did here was give out a possibly creative idea. Let us see where this goes from there.

#1 TheTrailMaker, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  2. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Anvil User
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,364,575
    Ratings:
    +3,044
    Would love for this to happen but it would most likely be griefed

3. TheTrailMaker

TheTrailMaker Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    If possible, find a way to make the highways special status in ungriefability (however notch would even do it in coding method).

4. Capbo_

EcoDollars:
    $1,364,575
    Ratings:
    +3,044
    Never going to happen because of towns... rip

5. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,324
    As much as this sounds cool, there is a few things that needs to be considered.
    1.) People don’t really use horses or donkeys too much anymore (for travel. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong)
    2.) one long highway would mess with the current towns / future towns
    3.) If this would be “un griefable,” it would be a crap ton of code to implement
    4.) Grief

6. Capbo_

EcoDollars:
    $1,364,575
    Ratings:
    +3,044
    No but

7. 6_28

6_28
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,658
    A region can be created where it's created.

8. Capbo_

EcoDollars:
    $1,364,575
    Ratings:
    +3,044
    That would mess up town creation and Andrew probably doesn’t want to use up anymore space in legacy and rising

#8 Capbo_, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  9. 6_28

6_28

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,658
    Very true.

If you really want to just travel you can just use /warp or /wild.

10. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,324
    Or even ask someone with /tpc to tp u there (if specific location)

11. CaptainWow12

CaptainWow12 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +105
    This is a very cool idea but it just wouldn't work sadly. Due to how towns are set up. Those towns can't just be moved.

12. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,324
    @TheTrailMaker if you want to make an unofficial horse road, then go ahead

13. Daveological

Daveological Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +60
    I wish, but the way towns are set up makes this near-impossible.

14. stevenjr05

stevenjr05 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +41
    Being honest this is a great idea but difficult to pull of but i could see it if we had 2 main highways or more in a world and the mayors of the towns could work together to build a road from the highway to your town or from someone elses road to your town
    Its very impracticle but possible since we have warps almost no one would use it but it would be good for transporting animals

#14 stevenjr05, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  15. stigarose

stigarose Eyecare Ex-EcoLegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +852
    -1 As cool as the idea is, the worlds are way to big. Even if it could be designed and protected it would interfere with town placements in the future. The design team has to many ultra large projects to deal with.

It’s a great idea for a town though. I might even think about it as I have a largely untouched flower forest biome town.

#15 stigarose, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  16. KingCharlie9

KingCharlie9 EcoPremiumPrestigeLegendTycomaster

Ratings:
    +526
    I doubt if a highway was added, that it would be straight. And if it isn't straight, it'd be hard to add a protective region on it.

The only way this could be straight is if Jamie WorldEdit moves all towns in the way. (The region and the builds inside it moved)

17. Daveological

Daveological Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +60
    Except no-one would want to world edit hundreds of towns.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  18. KingCharlie9

KingCharlie9 EcoPremiumPrestigeLegendTycomaster

Ratings:
    +526
    I would :p

#18 KingCharlie9, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  19. CaptainWow12

CaptainWow12 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +105
    What about the fact moving the towns would anger people? Not everyone's town is a perfect flat 200x200, some people maybe put their town in a certain position because of the surroundings.

20. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,103
    I prefer to focus on other ECC additions, actually making ECC function on 1.13, and adding many features that were promised and held back.

This seems like something the community can do themselves, therefore I'll be denying this.
    For the administration to do this would mean we ignore everything else, push back our plans, and focus solely on making roads on ECC. I'm sure the community would much prefer we work on more important things. Sorry, but unfortunately we just don't have the time as staff to do this.

#20 andrewkm, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.