Denied Guide / Helper rank on server

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by OniFox_, Aug 15, 2020.

?

Should ecc have a Guide or Helper role

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OniFox_

OniFox_ Long live Valaria
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +583
    Should ecc have a role for people who want to help new players on the server.

New players would be able to see a custom tag “helper or Guide” and reach out to these people.

Could even have a /ch Guide for new players to seek help learning the server.

2. OniFox_

OniFox_ Long live Valaria
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +583
    Disclaimer: Warning players would not be part of this voluntary job nor would enforcing the rules.

3. ChefCraft19

ChefCraft19 Microsoft Excel Certified
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +442
    Our staff members do a great job helping new players get started. We have plenty of experienced players that help out all the time as well. There are so many ranks already this just isn’t necessary in my opinion, no need to make things more complicated. Also pretty sure this should go in the suggestion section, and I think similar suggestions have been turned down in the past.

#3 ChefCraft19, Aug 15, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  4. Pab_Jr

Pab_Jr Former Staff Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,151
    Tbh this is what staff do, and on top of that the users are free to help as they please anyways, I dont see a point in adding a rank strictly for this, it wont change anything except give people a fancy name and give the Administration another thing to keep an eye on if that role has to be revoked.

On the subject of a /ch help or whatever, this has been mentioned before, and tbh its far nicer having them ask in global, because most of the time its not just one person who has that question, but multiple but some of which are afraid to actually ask, this way they see the answer.

5. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Any player who simply answers questions that new players have politely and correctly is already a "helper".

Having "helper" be part of a formalized rank system works well for a large server like Hypixel, but it's rather pointless in a smaller, community oriented server like ECC.

We won't have such a role for such reasons. Our current system works fine.

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    I'm not going to reward every person who wants to answer a question with a rank. It's the equivalent of holding the door for the elderly IRL and then holding your hand out for 5 bucks or a badge.

We have plenty of staff as well as great users who answer questions in chat.

#6 andrewkm, Aug 16, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.